Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

League table talk

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2020
    We might not get 3 goals in our final 6 games and the dross around us popping goals in for fun 
  • Options
    I’m pissed. Seven points in three and we are barely out of the drop zone. 

It seems clear that midtable clubs don’t give a shit. So it’s not that we are playing that well, it’s that everyone else gives no f##cks. Which means I expect those around us to keep gaining points too.

I think we drop unless we get at least 7 more points.

Lots of 6 pointers. Teams below will drop points, teams will stay up on 49 points. To get over 50 points, hull, Luton, Barnsley and now Wigan will have to win half their games. 
    Mrs cafcfan, who used to work in statistics before she retired,  is adamant that there is no such thing as a six pointer.  Each game is worth three points maximum.  That's all.  It's just the results over the season that count.  Me, I'm not convinced...
  • Options
    Need to get the Sheff wed points deduction sorted pronto!
  • Options
    Watching the Quest EFL highlights, Stoke looked awful but most of the other bottom half teams looked good or at least tried hard
  • Options
    Here's my twopenneth worth....

I don't think we'll get anything from our next 2 games but should pick up something against Reading & Birmingham. By the time we play Wigan they could be down already & mentally on the beach. I think we'll just do enough to stay up, but there are still lots of points to play for & as the last 2 weeks show anybody can best anybody else, esp the bottom teams against the top sides. Also, teams playing each other are currently not drawing those matches but winning one & then losing one. Need a few draws in those "6 pointers" over the next few weeks.

• Options
    I'm pretty certain that we're going to finish above Hull and Wigan (who will be 8 behind us with their deduction).

Surely we will finish above at least one other club. We're 6 ahead of Luton and 5 ahead of Barnsley, and they have to play each other.
  • Options

See Millwall got a new kit out for Friday’s game.
  • Options
    The constant chat about if we go down is getting bloody depressing it’s completely in our hands - give it a rest ffs - this is aimed more at the fb group who have some proper whoppers post on thete
  • Options

See Millwall got a new kit out for Friday’s game.
    Bet it’s got “Our Cup Final” embroidered on it.
  • Options
    Unless it’s a subliminal message about that lanky geezer Smith who is still giving Nabs nightmares.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2020
    The constant chat about if we go down is getting bloody depressing it’s completely in our hands - give it a rest ffs - this is aimed more at the fb group who have some proper whoppers post on thete
    I do get this. People go on about our lack of goals and totally ignore our opponent's greater lack of goals. The rationale that we won't get anything from Friday is because we are playing Millwall. A bang average side if you are being generous.
  • Options
    3 clean sheets on the spin, because we have nullified better sides attacks.
  • Options
    I think Stoke, Luton and Hull go down.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Had a look at Stoke fans forum and they definitely think they are going down. Lot more pessimistic than CAFC fans.
  • Options
    Nobody does pessimism the way we do... How very dare they! 
  • Options
    Bottom is tight
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    BFG94 said:
    Had a look at Stoke fans forum and they definitely think they are going down. Lot more pessimistic than CAFC fans.
    Impossible!
    Ha, ha, they've been spoilt in recent times under the ownership of the Coates family as @bobmunro will confirm and think they should be a permanent fixture in the Prem. Their current plight comes nowhere near the sh*te we've had to endure since I started supporting the club over sixty years ago.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    RedChaser said:
    BFG94 said:
    Impossible!
    Ha, ha, they've been spoilt in recent times under the ownership of the Coates family as @bobmunro will confirm and think they should be a permanent fixture in the Prem. Their current plight comes nowhere near the sh*te we've had to endure since I started supporting the club over sixty years ago.

Yes they have, and calls for "Coates Out" just about sums up their fans' mentality.
    Financial Fair Play has limited spend this season but they will still be one of, if not, the most expensive squads ever to be relegated to League 1, if indeed that happens. Stadium owned, training ground developed to be one of the best in the country, and 10 years in the Premier League when they are basically, like us, historically a mid-table tier two club.
    So no real comparison with where we find ourselves, but poor decisions have been made and on the playing side there are valid comparisons with us. Long-standing and successful manager (Pulis/Curbs) comes to the end of their road, poor manager appointments thereafter - Hughes, Lambert, Rowett, Jones, O'Neill? - versus Dowie, Reed, Pardew, Parkinson (I won't go into the madness of RD's manager merry go round!). Player recruitment has been abysmal as well.
    Maybe that's the way with things - a successful long-term stable management comes to an end and the wheels fall off - think Ferguson and Wenger (although the wheels falling off is relative!). Having legendary and successful managers over many years is perhaps both a blessing and a curse.

P.S. I am not for one second comparing Curbs to Pulis in any way other than league position!

Bit harsh on Mark Hughes that, they finished 9th in the premier league three years running with him as manager.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    RedChaser said:
    BFG94 said:
    Impossible!

Yes they have, and calls for "Coates Out" just about sums up their fans' mentality.
    Financial Fair Play has limited spend this season but they will still be one of, if not, the most expensive squads ever to be relegated to League 1, if indeed that happens. Stadium owned, training ground developed to be one of the best in the country, and 10 years in the Premier League when they are basically, like us, historically a mid-table tier two club.
    So no real comparison with where we find ourselves, but poor decisions have been made and on the playing side there are valid comparisons with us. Long-standing and successful manager (Pulis/Curbs) comes to the end of their road, poor manager appointments thereafter - Hughes, Lambert, Rowett, Jones, O'Neill? - versus Dowie, Reed, Pardew, Parkinson (I won't go into the madness of RD's manager merry go round!). Player recruitment has been abysmal as well.
    Maybe that's the way with things - a successful long-term stable management comes to an end and the wheels fall off - think Ferguson and Wenger (although the wheels falling off is relative!). Having legendary and successful managers over many years is perhaps both a blessing and a curse.

P.S. I am not for one second comparing Curbs to Pulis in any way other than league position!

Bit harsh on Mark Hughes that, they finished 9th in the premier league three years running with him as manager.

Not harsh at all - from someone who is most definitely in the know!
  • Options
    BFG94 said:
    They were dreadful on Tuesday, indeed watching the EFL highlights last night they stood out as being the worst side out of the 22 who played, nothing in attack, acres of room given to opponents to attack and a keeper having a mare
  • Options
    I'm pretty certain that we're going to finish above Hull and Wigan (who will be 8 behind us with their deduction).

Surely we will finish above at least one other club. We're 6 ahead of Luton and 5 ahead of Barnsley, and they have to play each other.
    Until a points deduction actually shows up on the league table, I wouldn't take it into account.

• Options
    After tonight, when a bottom 8 team will pick up 3 points, it is interesting to note, the points picked up in the 24 games each section of the table has picked up:
    top 8 - 30 points
    middle 8 - 30 points 
    bottom 8 - 39 points (will only be 38 if tonights game is a draw.)

QPR, Reading and Birmingham definitely must be worried.

• Options
    redman said:
    After tonight, when a bottom 8 team will pick up 3 points, it is interesting to note, the points picked up in the 24 games each section of the table has picked up:
    top 8 - 30 points
    middle 8 - 30 points 
    bottom 8 - 39 points (will only be 38 if tonights game is a draw.)

QPR, Reading and Birmingham definitely must be worried.

Not surprised at the bottom 8 numbers but i am by the top 8.

Brentford and Derby have both won 3 out of 3 since the restart, so the rest of the top 8 combined only got 12 points from 3 games?
  • Options
    Bottom is tight
    Speak for yourself, I cannot remember when mine was  :)
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Bottom is tight
    Speak for yourself, I cannot remember when mine was  :)
    55 Best Ooh Matron - What a Carry On images  Carry on British
  • Options
    With Wigan’s deduction, we are 5 points clear with 6 to play. If we win 2, Barnsley need to win 4. I’m still nervous