Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

League table talk

Comments

• Options
    With Wigan’s deduction, we are 5 points clear with 6 to play. If we win 2, Barnsley need to win 4. I’m still nervous
    If we win two it's not just about Barnsley, the other teams down there also have to win more than two to get above us.
    I'd take two wins. 
  • Options
    Just been told Wigan have appealed against a points deduction, any chance of it being overturned?

• Options
    With Wigan’s deduction, we are 5 points clear with 6 to play. If we win 2, Barnsley need to win 4. I’m still nervous
    Until Wigan actually get that deduction I dont think its worth talking about it

Its the EFL after all
    I don’t think even the EFL will try and change the rules in the middle of a season. There would be lawyers rubbing their hands in offices up and down the country.

Much easier to forget about SW. The possibility of three clubs going down on point deductions would probably blow a fuse.
  • Options
    updated table 
  • Options
    redman said:
    After tonight, when a bottom 8 team will pick up 3 points, it is interesting to note, the points picked up in the 24 games each section of the table has picked up:
    top 8 - 30 points
    middle 8 - 30 points 
    bottom 8 - 39 points (will only be 38 if tonights game is a draw.)

QPR, Reading and Birmingham definitely must be worried.

Not surprised at the bottom 8 numbers but i am by the top 8.

Brentford and Derby have both won 3 out of 3 since the restart, so the rest of the top 8 combined only got 12 points from 3 games?
    This is based on their position at the restart. Derby weren't in top 8 at restart, in fact they were only 12th, just 1 place above QPR at that time. 
  • Options
    @Henry Irving @AFKABartram

Could I get permission on this topic to edit my opening post so I can regularly update the table when required? 
  • Options
    I think we'll need 53 points to be safe, and even then GD could be crucial
  • Options

Its the EFL after all
    EFL have already confirmed the deduction. 

Next season if they’re relegated this season.

This season if they’re not relegated, which will almost certainly relegated them.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nah . 51 will be enough - Trust me. 
  • Options
    Nah . 51 will be enough - Trust me. 
    Split the difference 52 should do.... Could kd be safe by next Tuesday! 🤣 
  • Options

Could I get permission on this topic to edit my opening post so I can regularly update the table when required? 
    Why do you need permission? 
  • Options

Its the EFL after all
    EFL have already confirmed the deduction. 

Next season if they’re relegated this season.

This season if they’re not relegated, which will almost certainly relegated them.

Why so complicated? Clubs should just be relegated one division for breaking the rules or going into administration. 
    Off the pitch relegations should be added to on the pitch relegations.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

He's just afraid of going into Henry's naughty book.
  • Options

You need @i_b_b_o_r_g

The two you tagged are pretenders. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

You need @i_b_b_o_r_g

The two you tagged are pretenders. 
    I thought he'd been fired but maybe he's just been furloughed 😉.
  • Options
    If @Henry Irving were a Mod, do you think he'd really only have three promotes?
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

There is no option to edit my opening post (to update the league table on the opening page) but if its to much hassle I can just post them as additional posts, no biggie. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Addickted said:
    If @Henry Irving were a Mod, do you think he'd really only have three promotes?
    After his last comment, he won't even have 3 promotes soon  :D
  • Options
    So after today is that Barnsley and Luton gone really? 
  • Options
    No but their bad goal difference is like another point for us.

With Wigan on 38*  it's not been a terrible day for us despite dropping places.

• Options
    No

If we lose on Tuesday and as they play each other, either Barnsley will be 2 points behind us or Luton 3 points behind us.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    As it stands...
    It's so tight but I'm starting to think Barnsley could be up against it slightly

Positives: QPR haven't picked up any points, although it is unlikely that they will be still be dragged into this, but they need another win. 

Barnsley losing today is good for us. 

53 points will be enough so we need two wins imo. 

Reading will gain confidence after their victory today. 

• Options
    No

If we lose on Tuesday and as they play each other, either Barnsley will be 2 points behind us or Luton 3 points behind us.
    Let's hope they draw then.
  • Options
    No

If  they draw they will be 4 and 5 respectively  
  • Options
    Hull are at West Brom tomorrow and Bristol City on Wednesday, if they lose both of those they will stay on 45 points and Huddersfield are to Reading on Tuesday, so if we lose to Brentford it may not see us in the bottom 3....this is a very topsy turvey season!!
  • Options
    No

Unless it’s a draw. Our goal difference is so much better than theirs, they need to better our points total not equal it
  • Options
    Disastrous day for Luton, Barnsley and Wigan. Psychologically big blows. We are going to be in the scrap right until the death I think but Wigan’s 12 point deduction leaves them effectively on 38 points with five to play. Eight point behind Charlton and one goal better off at present. Looks a tall order for them. Luton two points better off and massively inferior GD. They look to me very close to being gone. Any one from us, Hull, Hudds, Boro, Barnsley and Stoke. The wild card being Sheffield Wednesday. I will be very happy if they get points deducted.