Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

League table talk

Comments

• Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    We beat them comfortably home and away in their relegation season. They really did look like a club in complete decay at that time. 
  • Options
    Phew ! 

First of two " must" wins for us !

Thanks Sooper Hoops ! 
  • Options
    Hull draw level straight after the HT break.....West Brom hit back 1 minute later and now lead 3-2
  • Options
    Hull draw level straight after the HT break.....West Brom hit back 1 minute later and now lead 3-2
    Its been said many times before, but this league is so crazy!
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Now 4-2. 79 minutes
  • Options
    So far this weekend, apart from our game most of the results going for us
  • Options
    And twice phew ! 

Thanks, Baggies.
  • Options
    If Luton and Barnsley draw on Tuesday and Wigan fail to beat QPR on Wednesday then I'd take a 3 nil loss at Brentford. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’m sure this Wigan points deduction thing will be overturned. If this betting thing turns out to be true then the EFL will have to overturn their decision 
    We'd better spread rumours that Mouthall has a hefty bet on us going down in that case.
  • Options
    I’m sure this Wigan points deduction thing will be overturned. If this betting thing turns out to be true then the EFL will have to overturn their decision 
    So all clubs will avoid points deductions if they claim COVID-19?

You say “if”. That could takes months to investigate. Sheffield Wednesday got charged in November and the hearing is only taking place now because of the threat of legal action.

There is no ‘if’ IMO. Bury were chucked out of the league and had a great case. Rules is rules. There is no way third from bottom will not take legal action if they do not have points reduction. The only way Wigan stay up is by winning games.
  • Options
    I think 46 points will be enough to stay up this season assuming Wigan get the points deducted.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    I think 46 points will be enough to stay up this season assuming Wigan get the points deducted.
    You think we'll stay up even if we lose all our remaining games? No chance.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    So you think Barnsley and Luton will get more than 46. I don’t.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Redrobo said:
    Possible, but I doubt if it would be enough for us. We would have to lose to Wigan, meaning that they would have to get less than five more points. If they beat us then I would back them to get at least those five points.
    I still think that one more win may be enough, but would be happier with 50/51 points. 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    Not sure both will, but one of them could and that'd probably be enough to relegate us. Luton are more likely given their remaining games.

If we end the season on 46 points i'm pretty sure we'd go down.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    It only takes one of Wigan, Barnsley or Luton to be above us to put us down, if we are stuck on 46 points. 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    No chance. I think one of Luton or Barnsley will hit 47. Not beyond Wigan to get 10 points either which takes them to 48. Almost certain we only need 1 more win or even 4 draws. 50 will keep us up
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The EFL are a law unto themselves and they are just as likely if not more likely to defer any points penalties until next season.

For that reason I am assuming 'as they are' for both Wigan and Sheffield Wednesday and praying we can cobble together 6 or 7 points from the remaining 5 games which, if other results go our way, MIGHT be enough.

If the points penalties do happen to be imposed this season all well and good but we can't rely on it or even consider the possibility in my view. 52 points plus has to be the aim.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    It only takes one of Wigan, Barnsley or Luton to be above us to put us down, if we are stuck on 46 points. 
    I don’t think we will stay on 46. 

I think 46 points will be the highest total the bottom 3 will get.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    I don’t think we will stay on 46. 

I think 46 points will be the highest total the bottom 3 will get.
    But if we stay on 46 points will we stay up?
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    Not sure both will, but one of them could and that'd probably be enough to relegate us. Luton are more likely given their remaining games.

That would be the Luton that have a goal difference of -32 having let in 78 goals. New manager bounce cannot change the fact that are the worst defence in the league by a long way.
    On paper they are playing sides in and around the bottom and stand a chance, but they are all better teams than them IMO. I think they will do well to draw with Barnsley and that’s it.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    I'm 99% certain Barnsley or Luton will get more than 46.
    Basically, you're saying Charlton need one point, to definitely be safe.
    I'd say you have a 10% chance of being correct.
  • Options
    I think we need 3, certainly no more than 4, points to secure safety. With Brentford up next I can't see us getting any of those points there, which may make things a bit tense if other results go against us.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    Agreed, can't see 22nd getting lower than about 48. 

Reading, Wigan and Birmingham are all winnable games, maybe even Leeds if they are strolling as title winners. 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:

Reading, Wigan and Birmingham are all winnable games, maybe even Leeds if they are strolling as title winners. 
    You can only win games if you score.

Scoring is our problem and a large part of why we are where we are
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:

You can only win games if you score.

Scoring is our problem and a large part of why we are where we are
    Well we've won two in the last couple of weeks so it's not as if we can't win. 

I agree though, we're lacking a bit of creativity and the strikers out of form if a chance does fall to them, which is obviously a double issue. Definitely need to bring Williams in my opinion, creates space for others. 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:

That would be the Luton that have a goal difference of -32 having let in 78 goals. New manager bounce cannot change the fact that are the worst defence in the league by a long way.
    On paper they are playing sides in and around the bottom and stand a chance, but they are all better teams than them IMO. I think they will do well to draw with Barnsley and that’s it.
    Look at their record before and after January though. Even after the hammering they got on Saturday, they've only let in 8 goals in the last 6 games. Hull have let in 18 and Wednesday 15 in the same period

https://www.soccerstats.com/formtable.asp?league=england2