Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Options
    Alarm bells ringing for me. Really not a Bowyer type of signing.
    Bowyers scouts have never been able to look beyond the u-23 league and conference south before!
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

@flyingkiwiDK Ronnie Schwartz is nicknamed "the Plaffeminister" ....... how does this translate into English?

Something like 'hotshot top man' perhaps ?

Translates as something like "man with sponge for foot"
    I thought that was 'The Churchino' ...... ?

• Options
    “40 goals in 50 games: see all of Ronnie’s goals here”

https://youtu.be/7OG15A3ECx8
    Well he's no Johnny Ostergaard 

Thankfully
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Swisdom said:
    Exciting stuff and if we are looking at strikers then I found a gem at the weekend.  
    He’s young, Swedish and over 6’ tall.  Made his breakthrough in the last couple of seasons and is popular at Halmstad.
    he scored 19 in 29 - admittedly a few penalties in there but it is his calmness in front of goal that catches the eye.  His positioning is good but he doesn’t snatch at shots and places them.  I see a shit ton of potential in him and it seems he would be under £200k 

I have a mate who is a scout in Sweden and I asked him What he thought and he said “no way would he go to League 1 - he’s going higher than that.  Herenveen are very interested and it’s a matter of time before he moves somewhere”

His name is Rasmus Weidesheim-Paul and I can’t bloody attach his YouTube video properly 

https://youtu.be/Fwcn72EylDU

This could be a cracking Scandinavian attacking combo!
    Could be like the older versions of Championship Manager where if you wanted to be successful you'd put together a team of Scandinavians

Certainly think its a region worth trying to exploit again
    Curbs did ...... signing Scandinavians because they already had a command of good English and similar temperament to British players.

See also JBG at Burnley now , one of the few non UK players 
  • Options
    Alarm bells ringing for me. Really not a Bowyer type of signing.
    Bowyers scouts have never been able to look beyond the u-23 league and conference south before!
    Exactly.
  • Options
    I was told that while the deal came about via a Danish agent contacted by Sandgaard, Gallen knew of the player and rates him.
    Hmmm
  • Options
    We can afford to pay whatever TS feels comfortable with. There is no footballing sanction for breaking the wage cap. I believe it's a 2 for 1 punishment, i.e the club are fined £2 for every £1 over the cap they spend. So if TS was comfortable spending £5.5m a year in wages, that would get Bowyer a £3.5m playing budget (£1m over the £2.5m cap with a £2m fine)
    Maybe TS will give players part time jobs in his London office :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Swisdom said:
    Exciting stuff and if we are looking at strikers then I found a gem at the weekend.  
    He’s young, Swedish and over 6’ tall.  Made his breakthrough in the last couple of seasons and is popular at Halmstad.
    he scored 19 in 29 - admittedly a few penalties in there but it is his calmness in front of goal that catches the eye.  His positioning is good but he doesn’t snatch at shots and places them.  I see a shit ton of potential in him and it seems he would be under £200k 

I have a mate who is a scout in Sweden and I asked him What he thought and he said “no way would he go to League 1 - he’s going higher than that.  Herenveen are very interested and it’s a matter of time before he moves somewhere”

His name is Rasmus Weidesheim-Paul and I can’t bloody attach his YouTube video properly 

Could be like the older versions of Championship Manager where if you wanted to be successful you'd put together a team of Scandinavians

Curbs did ...... signing Scandinavians because they already had a command of good English and similar temperament to British players.

And could deal with playing on a cold winters evening in since God forsaken Northern outpost like Hull or Middlesborough. 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Oggy Red said:
    Swisdom said:

And could deal with playing on a cold winters evening in since God forsaken Northern outpost like Hull or Middlesborough. 
    Hull might be north of Watford but the likes of Carlisle, Newcastle and Sunderland are really 'North'. So a striker who knows where the back of the net is and if he signs are you over or underwhelmed ? 😉
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Really weird. Just seen on Sky Sports that Pompey have signed a defender from the exact same club on a season long loan. 

Never heard of them until today & suddenly 2 League 1 clubs are snapping up their players.

Agent at play or club needing to offload players....??
  • Options
    Probably some Danish paper and agent trying to generate a move for the player.
    Tenuous link cos TS is Danish would be my bet.
  • Options
    The problem with the network signings were that they came mostly in isolation. Powell being told to pick players and a lack of others, experienced English league players alongside them. It's not a problem getting them as long as they are mixed in. When we needed 4 players, it wouldn't have been an issue if Roland has said here's 2 Liege and here's 2mil for the other 2. Instead we just got them forced on us with a lack of other quality added. 
  • Options
    Hmmm...Bonne out and Ronnie Schwartz in?  
  • Options
    Someone said that in the takeover thread. I wouldn’t think so, we need a good squad not just a good team.
  • Options
    Bonne doesn't  look interested anymore.  Doing a Taylor without the declaration from what I saw of his effort on Saturday.  Thing the club situation has killed his keenness. 
    Bonne frequently has his ups and downs, it's why he's still a project player. Taylor did a little more than declare he wasn't interested 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bonne doesn't  look interested anymore.  Doing a Taylor without the declaration from what I saw of his effort on Saturday.  Thing the club situation has killed his keenness. 
    Or he just had a bad day at the office 
  • Options
    Really weird. Just seen on Sky Sports that Pompey have signed a defender from the exact same club on a season long loan. 

Never heard of them until today & suddenly 2 League 1 clubs are snapping up their players.

Agent at play or club needing to offload players....??
    Perhaps FC Midtjylland are shedding their high earners, maybe because of the Covid situation?

• Options
    cafc4life said:
    You talk pish at times

.... Only at times?!
  • Options
    cafc4life said:
    You talk pish at times
    Last two words are superfluous
  • Options
    Scored a good goal at Crewe.

Has scored 1 in 2 in the league this season.
  • Options
    edited September 2020

No, no, Henry ...... Bonne scored his goal at Swindon.

Has scored 0 in 2 in the League this season. But joint leading goalscorer in the League Cup with 1 in 2. :smile:

• Options

Bonne scored in the cup At Swindon! I was also defending him, he didn’t look disinterested, he just had a bad game.
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Bonne frequently has his ups and downs, it's why he's still a project player. Taylor did a little more than declare he wasn't interested 
    At the moment it is much more down. Taylor did nothing after he declared he was not interested. Bonne was lacking effort on Saturday and it didn't  help the team that was already struggling. 
    Taylor refused to play the last 9 matches of last season. Not aware Bonne has refused to play any yet. 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Schwartz completed his medical this morning btw.  He'll be able to join us as soon as the deal between TS and RD goes through and our transfer embargo is lifted
    I bet he was relieved to get off that minibus outside Sparrows Lane, where the secret seven signings have been hidden away since Friday.