Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

@flyingkiwiDK Ronnie Schwartz is nicknamed "the Plaffeminister" ....... how does this translate into English?

Something like 'hotshot top man' perhaps ?

Minister of Public Works according to Google translate...
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

@flyingkiwiDK Ronnie Schwartz is nicknamed "the Plaffeminister" ....... how does this translate into English?

Can we call him Plaffemeister General please?
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Can we call him Plaffemeister General please?
    No that's German. The Danes won't like that ...... (!)

In Denmark, he's nicknamed "Plaffeministeren" ....... the definite article "en" placed at the end of the word in the Danish language.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

“The Minister of shooting hard balls”
    Lol no way !!! Is that really what it translates as ?
  • Options
    Weird signing. Has this come about because of TS?
  • Options
    Alarm bells ringing for me. Really not a Bowyer type of signing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Quite the opposite for me, means the takeover must be very close.  
    I suppose the alarm bells for Bolder is why are we signing this bloke

Have Gallen and Bowyer been thinking out the box, did Sandgaard suggest that we take a look at him with Gallen having the final say, or has Sandgaard just gone ahead and signed him without the Management team agreeing to it

If its the latter Id be surprised but is it a sign of things to come with Sandgaard's version of Charlton where he's not overly different to Roland, just without the network of clubs
  • Options

Is Ronnie Schwartz the 'eyebrow raising' signing?

• Options
    I think in time the network style approach hasn’t aged too badly......

let’s be honest, we got the likes of Bulot, Texeira, Buyens out of it. And buying from abroad gave us Igor, JBG, Bauer, Sarr.....

Looking back we would kill for that kind of signing now
    Really? Despite the odd good player we only got going once the boss could pick his own players.

Im not saying this guy won’t be a bad signing but I’d be more comfortable knowing Gallen had scouted him. I hope that’s the case.
  • Options
    Exciting stuff and if we are looking at strikers then I found a gem at the weekend.  
    He’s young, Swedish and over 6’ tall.  Made his breakthrough in the last couple of seasons and is popular at Halmstad.
    he scored 19 in 29 - admittedly a few penalties in there but it is his calmness in front of goal that catches the eye.  His positioning is good but he doesn’t snatch at shots and places them.  I see a shit ton of potential in him and it seems he would be under £200k 

I have a mate who is a scout in Sweden and I asked him What he thought and he said “no way would he go to League 1 - he’s going higher than that.  Herenveen are very interested and it’s a matter of time before he moves somewhere”

His name is Rasmus Weidesheim-Paul and I can’t bloody attach his YouTube video properly 

https://youtu.be/Fwcn72EylDU

This could be a cracking Scandinavian attacking combo!
  • Options
    A league one team signing the guy who was the leading scorer in the Danish top division? Can't see why Bowyer wouldn't want him.
    But the beauty of the Gallen / Bowyer partnership is they've primarily signed players not because of their previous achievements but how they fit in the squad

Its the same we saw with Chris Powell, the years we did nothing of note between them was larely because we went after random players without developing a system first, else the early Championship squads under Roland could have been class

You'd hope with Bowyer though that he's rubber stamped it, if either he or Gallen have done then I'll be happy
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Have Gallen and Bowyer been thinking out the box, did Sandgaard suggest that we take a look at him with Gallen having the final say, or has Sandgaard just gone ahead and signed him without the Management team agreeing to it

If its the latter Id be surprised but is it a sign of things to come with Sandgaard's version of Charlton where he's not overly different to Roland, just without the network of clubs
    We don’t know anything yet, as you say there’s plenty of scenarios surrounding this potential signings.

What is obvious is Sandgaard is involved, we can worry about little problems later.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Exciting stuff and if we are looking at strikers then I found a gem at the weekend.  
    He’s young, Swedish and over 6’ tall.  Made his breakthrough in the last couple of seasons and is popular at Halmstad.
    he scored 19 in 29 - admittedly a few penalties in there but it is his calmness in front of goal that catches the eye.  His positioning is good but he doesn’t snatch at shots and places them.  I see a shit ton of potential in him and it seems he would be under £200k 

I have a mate who is a scout in Sweden and I asked him What he thought and he said “no way would he go to League 1 - he’s going higher than that.  Herenveen are very interested and it’s a matter of time before he moves somewhere”

His name is Rasmus Weidesheim-Paul and I can’t bloody attach his YouTube video properly 

Could be like the older versions of Championship Manager where if you wanted to be successful you'd put together a team of Scandinavians

Certainly think its a region worth trying to exploit again
  • Options
    I think in time the network style approach hasn’t aged too badly......

let’s be honest, we got the likes of Bulot, Texeira, Buyens out of it. And buying from abroad gave us Igor, JBG, Bauer, Sarr.....

Looking back we would kill for that kind of signing now
    Really? Despite the odd good player we only got going once the boss could pick his own players.

Im not saying this guy won’t be a bad signing but I’d be more comfortable knowing Gallen had scouted him. I hope that’s the case.
    Unlikely Gallen scouted him but I can't think it right that we only sign players that Gallen has scouted.

By that logic if we got offered Messi on a free, we should reject him, because Gallen didn't scout him.

If we get offered the chance of signing a goal scorer and Gallen and Bowyer want him I don't understand the concern.
  • Options

I shouldn't think so, on the face of it. Roland's idea was the 'talent farm' bring in promising young European professionals with some top club pedigree/international youth experience and developing them to sell on at top market prices.

Plus in the meantime to send over more experienced players that could be spared from Standard or STV (Buyens, Bulot, for example), to steady the ship while the youngsters gained their experience.

Schwartz is already 31 .... and doesn't fit that scenario. He's here to add firepower to a promotion campaign, surely?

• Options
    Having just rummaged in my bin, I actually used a Schwartz beef casserole sachet tonight. It's a sign   ;)
  • Options
    What about the player makes you think he is not a Bowyer type signing?
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Are you the Viking Ackworth?
    I think I am massively offended by this 😳

But joking aside Football scouting is a passion of mine and this guy looked very decent