Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Andre Green would be a decent enough signing at this level. He's only just 22, and with Bowyer clearly wanting to play with more width we desperately need more wingers coming in. We've only really got Doughty and Washington at the moment so an injury to one of those either puts someone like Oztumer out of position there or means a change in shape. A good season in L1 playing in his natural position could be just what Green needs
    Amazes me some people wouldn’t want him at this level. League One is utter shite, he’d excel at this level. 

He wasn’t that bad playing out of position in a terrible Championship team.

A full season under Bowyer would do him wonders.
    He wasn’t that good that I’d be in a rush to bring him in. There are other options out there, we may be able to sign better.
    I agree there may be better out there, I’m just saying it’s ridiculous to be so confident that he’s no good for this level. 

I wonder if the people who think he’s rubbish are the same people who want to sell Bonne ASAP.
    Surprisingly the opposite.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Oggy Red said:
    BalladMan said:
    Ferryman said:
    Ferryman said:
    Scoham said:
    Ferryman said:
    Talking to someone today who works for the club, Ben Watson wasn't the only out of contract player training with the first team at the end of last week. So I do believe two things; firstly that Bowyer/Gallen think the takeover is close, and secondly that there deals ready to go at the drop of the hat. I don't know who the players were, but Watson was one of three apparantly. 
    There are plenty of out of contract players out there. I imagine most of the other L1 clubs have 95% filled their squads already, so it's not as if there are lots of other options for them
    True enough, definitely a few good players out. I saw Matthew Connolly linked earlier but it was just a random twitter page so could be bullshit. 
    A good punt though as a free agent 32 year old right footed CB, and from London too. Former QPR player too, so Gallen would know him as well
    He hasn't played since the 2017-18 season and that was only four appearances.
    You’re right, I agree he’d be perfect for us.
    Indeed - that's what you get for £1300 per week.
    That figures goes once the embargo is lifted. Could pay him £4k per if we wanted.
    True. But I don't think we'd sign that sort of player after a takeover. There must be two lists of targets for each scenario.
    Whilst we can pay 4K per week, the overall budget must stay below 2.5m according to the wage cap rules. The question is is, do we stay inside the rules?  
    We could be the new Sheff Wednesday?  :innocent
    The irony is, if Sheff Wed had not cooked the books and tried to cover it up, they probably would have got away with an overspend scott free like Derby have / will 
  • Options
    i'd take Green, i think he will do ok. Looked ok at the start when he joined in a higher division, there might be better out there but i wont be too disappointed if we get him back. Sometimes different circumstances can change the way he plays, if Bowyer/ Gallen got him back i am sure they will get him up to scratch and working for the team. 

*beggars cant be choosers
  • Options
    Green is a proper, possession based footballer. He would be an excellent addition to a side that plays proper football. He's the kind of player we should be moving towards if we're going to build a side beyond the often incredibly turgid crap we play. (No bash on Bowyer, it's a squad limitation).
  • Options
    Green should be good in theory at this level.  He just does not work hard enough for a Bowyer player.  If you look at Leko, whilst many here derided him, he worked bloody hard and made a nuisance of himself.  Green could learn a lot from him in this respect.  
  • Options
    BalladMan said:
    Oggy Red said:
    BalladMan said:
    Ferryman said:
    Ferryman said:
    Scoham said:
    Ferryman said:
    Talking to someone today who works for the club, Ben Watson wasn't the only out of contract player training with the first team at the end of last week. So I do believe two things; firstly that Bowyer/Gallen think the takeover is close, and secondly that there deals ready to go at the drop of the hat. I don't know who the players were, but Watson was one of three apparantly. 
    There are plenty of out of contract players out there. I imagine most of the other L1 clubs have 95% filled their squads already, so it's not as if there are lots of other options for them
    True enough, definitely a few good players out. I saw Matthew Connolly linked earlier but it was just a random twitter page so could be bullshit. 
    A good punt though as a free agent 32 year old right footed CB, and from London too. Former QPR player too, so Gallen would know him as well
    He hasn't played since the 2017-18 season and that was only four appearances.
    You’re right, I agree he’d be perfect for us.
    Indeed - that's what you get for £1300 per week.
    That figures goes once the embargo is lifted. Could pay him £4k per if we wanted.
    True. But I don't think we'd sign that sort of player after a takeover. There must be two lists of targets for each scenario.
    Whilst we can pay 4K per week, the overall budget must stay below 2.5m according to the wage cap rules. The question is is, do we stay inside the rules?  
    We could be the new Sheff Wednesday?  :innocent
    The irony is, if Sheff Wed had not cooked the books and tried to cover it up, they probably would have got away with an overspend scott free like Derby have / will 
    @BalladMan ....... but of course my post was very tongue in cheek. :smile:

• Options
    I think the biggest problem with Green is that nobody (himself included) really knows what his positions is. He's not really a centre forward, but he's not a winger and he's not really an attacking midfielder. He sort of just gets put in a position where nobody really knows what he's supposed to be doing and everybody is hoping a moment of magic. 

He needs to spend some time at one club, rather than moving about every six months, where they can work out what his best position is and the give him the right coaching to get the best out of him. There's definitely a player in there, work out his best role, give him an actual job to do and then let him do it. 
  • Options
    BalladMan said:
    Green should be good in theory at this level.  He just does not work hard enough for a Bowyer player

If you look at Leko, whilst many here derided him, he worked bloody hard and made a nuisance of himself.  Green could learn a lot from him in this respect.  
    This.

Bowyer signs players with the same mentality he had as a player.
    You have to want to give 100%. Attitude and desire are everything. 

Bowyer had a good look at him when Green was on loan.
    I'd be surprised, despite the player's undoubted ability, if he was to be signed again.

#famouslast words

• Options
    Probably worth asking the Portsmouth fans what they think of him at this level
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think the biggest problem with Green is that nobody (himself included) really knows what his positions is. He's not really a centre forward, but he's not a winger and he's not really an attacking midfielder. He sort of just gets put in a position where nobody really knows what he's supposed to be doing and everybody is hoping a moment of magic. 

He needs to spend some time at one club, rather than moving about every six months, where they can work out what his best position is and the give him the right coaching to get the best out of him. There's definitely a player in there, work out his best role, give him an actual job to do and then let him do it. 
    lol just because he has been used in different positions doesn't mean he doesnt know what his position is, or even management. Its kind of needs must and he worked better up top. He might want to play in a certain position but sometimes not alot you can do if you have the qualities (pace) to play elsewhere. I haven't seen him enough to say where his position is but im pretty sure he would know or even have the confidence where he wants to play. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    MattF said:
    I'm not sure Green's confidence was helped after the lockdown by being released by his parent club
    Surely that should have been motivation.
    You'd have thought so yeah
  • Options

He’s a winger
  • Options
    Wasn't impressed with Green, he just didn't really do enough.

Workrate, pace, strength, positioning, I expected him to really excel on one of those attributes from the off and I never really saw it. 

But you never know, maybe he does just need to 'start again' and in League 1 he would need to be hungry to prove he deserves to play a higher level. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Andre Green would be a decent enough signing at this level. He's only just 22, and with Bowyer clearly wanting to play with more width we desperately need more wingers coming in. We've only really got Doughty and Washington at the moment so an injury to one of those either puts someone like Oztumer out of position there or means a change in shape. A good season in L1 playing in his natural position could be just what Green needs
    Amazes me some people wouldn’t want him at this level. League One is utter shite, he’d excel at this level. 

He wasn’t that bad playing out of position in a terrible Championship team.

A full season under Bowyer would do him wonders.
    He wasn’t that good that I’d be in a rush to bring him in. There are other options out there, we may be able to sign better.
    I agree there may be better out there, I’m just saying it’s ridiculous to be so confident that he’s no good for this level. 

I wonder if the people who think he’s rubbish are the same people who want to sell Bonne ASAP.
    I want us to keep Bonne and sign a good striker to compete with him. Bonne had an end product in a higher division than the one we’re in now. Green to me didn’t have an area of his game which really stood out.

I’m not saying he can’t be a decent player at this level, I just think we can probably bring in a better player who can make a bigger impact.
  • Options
    have we been linked with green or is this just speculation?
  • Options
    Whatever happened to that striker on trial from Wealdstone?

• Options
    have we been linked with green or is this just speculation?
    Purely speculation
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

We were only allowed him on a trial for a week
  • Options
    SamE7 said:
    Oggy Red said:

We were only allowed him on a trial for a week
    Could well be one of the 4/5/6 (or 456) players ready to roll once embargo lifted. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wasn’t green very good at this level for Portsmouth? 
  • Options
    Wasn’t green very good at this level for Portsmouth? 
    No, Soccerbase has him down as making 2 starts and 4 sub apps in the league for them, scoring 1 goal (against us, naturally).
  • Options
    There is an injunction on selling this club and a trial to discover who the owner is.
    Yes... Unless Sandgaard has found a way around the injunction

There will be smarter men involved than me and you.

So if there are rumours going round of players being close to signing then you have to think outside the box
  • Options
    There is an injunction on selling this club and a trial to discover who the owner is.

So if there are rumours going round of players being close to signing then you have to think outside the box
    Not difficult...

(1956 not you FA)
  • Options
    No, the injunction is over selling ESI. ESI may or may not own CAFC......
  • Options

Not difficult...

(1956 not you FA)
    However it still remains Elliot claims ownership and ESI 1 contest that it was sold. Anyway Boris's new rules mean no footie with crowds for up to six months after Oct 1st so no income . Football clubs will fold and the season will be suspended or abandoned I imagine . 
    Apart from the iFollow income...
  • Options
    edited September 2020

Not difficult...

(1956 not you FA)
    However it still remains Elliot claims ownership and ESI 1 contest that it was sold. Anyway Boris's new rules mean no footie with crowds for up to six months after Oct 1st so no income . Football clubs will fold and the season will be suspended or abandoned I imagine . 
    And that covers all costs ? I bought  a season ticket, went to one match and won't pay to stream matches I can't watch...it is soul less watching a game with no ground and manufactured sound.
    Its an income that is better than nothing though isnt it... Fortunately there should be enough people (outside the UK as well) who will stick with iFollow
  • Options

Not difficult...

(1956 not you FA)
    And that covers all costs ? I bought  a season ticket, went to one match and won't pay to stream matches I can't watch...it is soul less watching a game with no ground and manufactured sound.
    Its an income that is better than nothing though isnt it... Fortunately there should be enough people (outside the UK as well) who will stick with iFollow

Cant be enough to run a club i would have thought . 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    There is an injunction on the shares in ESI being sold. The trial is to determine whether Elliot has exclusivity to purchase ESI.

edit....or what golfie said an hour a go