Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Options
    cfgs said:
    Tolaji Bola, an arsenal left back said to be at the game.
    How would anyone know who he is? Did somebody say "I don't know who you are, who are you?"
    And then "How do you spell that?"
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Can he play centre half as well?

Yes

The Hale End graduate offers great versatility to Freddie Ljungberg’s side as he is also comfortable playing as a central defender.

https://www.arsenal.com/academy/players/tolaji-bola
  • Options
    does it matter does it matter who is at the game? TS, Watson, Bola, all irrelevant unless TS pulls something out the bag
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Oggy Red said:

And midfield and up front?
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Scoham said:
    Right back more urgent, and a couple of centre halves
    We know we have several lined up, maybe that already includes a right back and a centre back or two. We also know Bowyer wants about 9 more signings in total, he said 10 before Levitt came in.

You can’t always sign players in order of priority, which is why we signed Levitt rather than a centre back. We’d have lost out on him if we hadn’t brought him in when we did.
    With how things have worked out with the non release of the embargo, Levitt looks like a mistake or being generous a luxury signing, especially as he didn't even play today. Not because he's a bad player, but because we have more pressing gaps in our team
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Right back more urgent, and a couple of centre halves
    We know we have several lined up, maybe that already includes a right back and a centre back or two. We also know Bowyer wants about 9 more signings in total, he said 10 before Levitt came in.

You can’t always sign players in order of priority, which is why we signed Levitt rather than a centre back. We’d have lost out on him if we hadn’t brought him in when we did.
    With how things have worked out with the non release of the embargo, Levitt looks like a mistake or being generous a luxury signing, especially as he didn't even play today. Not because he's a bad player, but because we have more pressing gaps in our team
    On the showing today we need midfielders as well. Levitt will start soon. 
  • Options
    does it matter does it matter who is at the game? TS, Watson, Bola, all irrelevant unless TS pulls something out the bag
    What about if we sell Philips. Surely 1 out, 1 in.  
  • Options
    The £1300 wages are surely too low for Watson. Might be ok for a loan player though
  • Options
    Twitter Rumour only but someone claiming that Andre Green is one of the six that Bowyer hopes to bring in
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Twitter Rumour only but someone claiming that Andre Green is one of the six that Bowyer hopes to bring in
    He is another player who would do well in L1. 
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    He is another player who would do well in L1. 
    Should do well yeah!!
  • Options
    The £1300 wages are surely too low for Watson. Might be ok for a loan player though
    Not if he's out of work and other clubs are trimming their squads. 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Sounds like John-Jules was seen by Bowyer as our Lyle replacement and competition for Bonne as the main striker in a front three.

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-boss-admits-they-missed-out-on-arsenal-striker/

He’s only a young kid but he is strong, physical and on the shoulder. He can finish. He’s got a bit of everything.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

And midfield and up front?
    At the same time
  • Options
    Are these 7 players signing yet?

• Options
    signing on at the dole office currently but hopefully we can offer slightly more soon 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    IF, takeover is announced tomorrow, what we saying for signings, Wednesday surely.
  • Options
    Talking to someone today who works for the club, Ben Watson wasn't the only out of contract player training with the first team at the end of last week. So I do believe two things; firstly that Bowyer/Gallen think the takeover is close, and secondly that there deals ready to go at the drop of the hat. I don't know who the players were, but Watson was one of three apparantly. 
    There are plenty of out of contract players out there. I imagine most of the other L1 clubs have 95% filled their squads already, so it's not as if there are lots of other options for them
  • Options
    Talking to someone today who works for the club, Ben Watson wasn't the only out of contract player training with the first team at the end of last week. So I do believe two things; firstly that Bowyer/Gallen think the takeover is close, and secondly that there deals ready to go at the drop of the hat. I don't know who the players were, but Watson was one of three apparantly. 
    Lynch and Matthews? 
  • Options
    There are plenty of out of contract players out there. I imagine most of the other L1 clubs have 95% filled their squads already, so it's not as if there are lots of other options for them
    True enough, definitely a few good players out. I saw Matthew Connolly linked earlier but it was just a random twitter page so could be bullshit. 
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Lynch and Matthews? 
    Lynch might be one of them but the other wasn't Matthews as he knows him and said new players as in not played for the club before. He had no idea as he's not involved in the first team. 
  • Options
    True enough, definitely a few good players out. I saw Matthew Connolly linked earlier but it was just a random twitter page so could be bullshit. 
    A good punt though as a free agent 32 year old right footed CB, and from London too. Former QPR player too, so Gallen would know him as well