Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Options
    Talking to someone today who works for the club, Ben Watson wasn't the only out of contract player training with the first team at the end of last week. So I do believe two things; firstly that Bowyer/Gallen think the takeover is close, and secondly that there deals ready to go at the drop of the hat. I don't know who the players were, but Watson was one of three apparantly. 
    There are plenty of out of contract players out there. I imagine most of the other L1 clubs have 95% filled their squads already, so it's not as if there are lots of other options for them
    True enough, definitely a few good players out. I saw Matthew Connolly linked earlier but it was just a random twitter page so could be bullshit. 
    A good punt though as a free agent 32 year old right footed CB, and from London too. Former QPR player too, so Gallen would know him as well
    Yeah I'd probably take him, although that's not difficult at the moment given our options at CB!
  • Options
    If Green is your answer that I'd hate to see the question. 

Again, another player who is neither a winger or a striker. 

Not what we need.
    What colour is Grass? 
    I am ashamed of myself right now. I actually laughed out loud to this.
  • Options
    If the takeover does get finalised by the end of the week, would the usual 12 noon Friday deadline be extended to Saturday seeing as we don't play until Sunday ?
  • Options
    I see we are 2-1 against to beat Lincoln at the w/e.  Get the takeover done tomorrow, these players in Weds and may be worth a dabble - sad state of affairs we are such underdogs against Lincoln in any event.
  • Options
    Reeco back to Bromley on loan until January from Pompey. 
  • Options
    If the takeover does get finalised by the end of the week, would the usual 12 noon Friday deadline be extended to Saturday seeing as we don't play until Sunday ?
    12 noon before the day of the game. Assuming someone in at EFL on Saturday we should be fine. All electronic now so should be fine.
  • Options
    Talking to someone today who works for the club, Ben Watson wasn't the only out of contract player training with the first team at the end of last week. So I do believe two things; firstly that Bowyer/Gallen think the takeover is close, and secondly that there deals ready to go at the drop of the hat. I don't know who the players were, but Watson was one of three apparantly. 
    There are plenty of out of contract players out there. I imagine most of the other L1 clubs have 95% filled their squads already, so it's not as if there are lots of other options for them
    True enough, definitely a few good players out. I saw Matthew Connolly linked earlier but it was just a random twitter page so could be bullshit. 
    A good punt though as a free agent 32 year old right footed CB, and from London too. Former QPR player too, so Gallen would know him as well
    He hasn't played since the 2017-18 season and that was only four appearances.
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    You’re right, I agree he’d be perfect for us.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Ferryman said:
    Indeed - that's what you get for £1300 per week.
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    Scoham said:
    Ferryman said:
    That figures goes once the embargo is lifted. Could pay him £4k per if we wanted.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ferryman said:
    Scoham said:
    Ferryman said:
    That figures goes once the embargo is lifted. Could pay him £4k per if we wanted.
    True. But I don't think we'd sign that sort of player after a takeover. There must be two lists of targets for each scenario.
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    Ferryman said:
    Scoham said:
    Ferryman said:
    True. But I don't think we'd sign that sort of player after a takeover. There must be two lists of targets for each scenario.
    Whilst we can pay 4K per week, the overall budget must stay below 2.5m according to the wage cap rules. The question is is, do we stay inside the rules?  
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    Ferryman said:
    Scoham said:
    Ferryman said:
    If we don’t get taken over, the list will look something like this......

• Options
    BalladMan said:
    Ferryman said:
    Ferryman said:
    Scoham said:
    Ferryman said:
    Whilst we can pay 4K per week, the overall budget must stay below 2.5m according to the wage cap rules. The question is is, do we stay inside the rules?  
    The rules don't count for under 21s which gives some space. And it depends on how big your squad is
  • Options
    I was far from a fan of Andre green, I think because he came from villa where he played quite a few games expectations were probably a bit high, he’s only 22 and this is league one, if true, if would be an excellent signing and also a bit of a reset for him as he can work his way back up to where he wants to be.
  • Options
    I'd be worried how many games we'd get out of him and his arthritic big toe
  • Options
    If the National League doesn't restart due to the spectator ban, then that's also tricky for EFL clubs like ourselves who like to loan players there to give them short term match experience. The likes of Albie and Alfie both benefited from short term loans to local NL clubs
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2020
    I'd be worried how many games we'd get out of him and his arthritic big toe
    I'm 32 and have an arthritic big toe and I play football weekly as well as run regularly... I think his desire to play could be a bigger issue. I question his workrate in a Bowyer side. 
  • Options
    I liked Green, was a bit lost after lockdown but think he had a few injuries. No world beater but would be a decent option on a free in L1
  • Options
    last season Green received marks in 9 league games with an average of 5.86, his highest score was 7.74 at home to Barnsley, his lowest 4.03 away to Hudds where the majority had low scores.He had 9 shots at goal with only one a miss and scored 2 goals with 1 assist.He started 7 games, came on a sub in 5 games and was on the bench in 2.
  • Options
    last season Green received marks in 9 league games with an average of 5.86, his highest score was 7.74 at home to Barnsley, his lowest 4.03 away to Hudds where the majority had low scores.He had 9 shots at goal with only one a miss and scored 2 goals with 1 assist.He started 7 games, came on a sub in 5 games and was on the bench in 2.
    So, what you saying? Hit or Miss?
  • Options
    Need players who are up for it in League 1, Green didn’t seem bothered in the championship. Not for me.
  • Options
    I'm not sure Green's confidence was helped after the lockdown by being released by his parent club
  • Options
    Andre Green would be a decent enough signing at this level. He's only just 22, and with Bowyer clearly wanting to play with more width we desperately need more wingers coming in. We've only really got Doughty and Washington at the moment so an injury to one of those either puts someone like Oztumer out of position there or means a change in shape. A good season in L1 playing in his natural position could be just what Green needs
    Amazes me some people wouldn’t want him at this level. League One is utter shite, he’d excel at this level. 

He wasn’t that bad playing out of position in a terrible Championship team.

A full season under Bowyer would do him wonders.
    He wasn’t that good that I’d be in a rush to bring him in. There are other options out there, we may be able to sign better.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Andre Green would be a decent enough signing at this level. He's only just 22, and with Bowyer clearly wanting to play with more width we desperately need more wingers coming in. We've only really got Doughty and Washington at the moment so an injury to one of those either puts someone like Oztumer out of position there or means a change in shape. A good season in L1 playing in his natural position could be just what Green needs
    Amazes me some people wouldn’t want him at this level. League One is utter shite, he’d excel at this level. 

He wasn’t that bad playing out of position in a terrible Championship team.

A full season under Bowyer would do him wonders.
    He wasn’t that good that I’d be in a rush to bring him in. There are other options out there, we may be able to sign better.
    I agree there may be better out there, I’m just saying it’s ridiculous to be so confident that he’s no good for this level. 

I wonder if the people who think he’s rubbish are the same people who want to sell Bonne ASAP.
  • Options
    BalladMan said:
    Ferryman said:
    Ferryman said:
    Scoham said:
    Ferryman said:
    We could be the new Sheff Wednesday?  :innocent:

• Options
    MattF said:
    I'm not sure Green's confidence was helped after the lockdown by being released by his parent club
    You'd think that would give him the hunger to earn a new contract.

It was his casual attitude and lack of desire that puzzled me.