Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Options
    It's one in one out for us now.

When Phillip's goes we will bring in an RB (as we have none). Hopefully we'll keep everyone else.

The above is the best we can ask for now in our current scenario where TS wont do a deal with PE (vs the previous hope of bringing in 7 if the injunction wasnt granted and a takeover happened his window).

Let's pray injuries are kind to us and we are within the chasing pack come the winter window....when an eventual sale may finally happen.

That will be a first then !!

Saw that Ross McCormack has gone to Aldershot Town  !!   Just the player we could have done with. Maybe 34 but could have done a job for us for a season or 2.
  • Options

When Phillip's goes we will bring in an RB (as we have none). Hopefully we'll keep everyone else.

The above is the best we can ask for now in our current scenario where TS wont do a deal with PE (vs the previous hope of bringing in 7 if the injunction wasnt granted and a takeover happened his window).

Let's pray injuries are kind to us and we are within the chasing pack come the winter window....when an eventual sale may finally happen.

Saw that Ross McCormack has gone to Aldershot Town  !!   Just the player we could have done with. Maybe 34 but could have done a job for us for a season or 2.
    Have you been smoking crack? He's spent the last three years sunning himself in Australia. We need couple of centre halves, shall we beg Rojo to come back or perhaps we could convince Christian Dailly to come out of retirement?
  • Options
    edited September 2020

Have a look at his presentation photo, he is in no shape for league one.

• Options

Sadly i agree that this is looking like our route for this season. We will be very reliant on loans again i think.
    Although listening to Bowyer's comments today he seems ok and doesnt sound resigned to losing players...yet!
    Trying to stay positive.
  • Options
    Seeing Wigan, announcing new signings is not helping my mood in the slightest.  I mean I wish all the best to Wigan but they’re doing more business than us who aren’t in administration.
  • Options

Really? He sat out the whole of last season after Villa released him!

Hasn't played a game since February 2019 and has made only 10 appearances since January 2018! Not really a player we should be wasting wages on.
  • Options

Hasn't played a game since February 2019 and has made only 10 appearances since January 2018! Not really a player we should be wasting wages on.
    Form is temporary.....class is permanent.
  • Options
    edited September 2020

I’m quite impressed he has dropped that low to play games. A lot of players in his shoes would’ve jacked it in. 
  • Options

Depends if he can still run or not.

For an older player, he won't lose his skill on the ball - but fitness and timing just fall away if he's missed a season.

#joeledleysyndrome
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Depends if he can still run or not.

For an older player, he won't lose his skill on the ball - but fitness and timing just fall away if he's missed a season.

#joeledleysyndrome
    Less of an issue in the National League than in the Championship away to Middlesbrough!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

• Options
    No, Scoham ...... that's out of order! :neutral:

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Sky biggin up Alfie Doughty after the Coventry v QPR game tonight!
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Scoham said:

Scoham said:

Happy Days!
  • Options
    McOxo has signed for Southend... didn’t realise he was still playing!! 
  • Options
    Sky biggin up Alfie Doughty after the Coventry v QPR game tonight!
    Who was he playing for?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    MattF said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    You do wonder who signed off this year's budget. 

Who is rejecting bids for our only 3 sellable players, who authorised the signings of the 2 new players, who authorised an u23 team this season etc etc

Anyway but on to the topic my "Mr center half"....

I have been badgering my source to see what else he knows/has heard.  The next bit is what I have been told:

There are so many championship standard players available that wages have gone through the floor. 

The pull of playing for Bowyer is massive, both for older players who remember him as a player but his reputation as a coach and improver of players is growing daily.

Mr Center half is championship level

Nabby is on less at Huddersfield than he was at Charlton.  He would have stayed but wanted the security of a contract now. 

The loan market has significantly changed, championship clubs can't now pay the loan fees they used to.  More power to the player to choose if their club insisted they went on loan. 

If we had signed all the players we have lined up now in January we would have been more likely to get in the play offs than go down

This isn't about money, these are all players that will take what we are offering to play for us. 

Now im trying to remember what defenders we were linked with in Jan. Chances are it could be one of those lined up.
    Harlee Dean was one name I remember but that might've been just forum gossip
    Not even that I think, I'm sure that came from one of those transfer rumours Twitter accounts that post made up rumours.
    Only one it makes any sense to sell is Phillips. It’s not just waged we’re restricted on its numbers. Sell Doughty or Bonne and we’d just have to bring in a straight replacement. Sell Phillips and we wouldn’t need to bring in another goal keeper so could use the space he frees up to bring in a centre back.

In ideal world would rather keep Phillips, but we’re not operating in an ideal world right now. Concern would be does any money Phillips’ sale brings in be used to keep the club afloat or would it be pocketed by someone. 

• Options
    Scoham said:
    MattF said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    You do wonder who signed off this year's budget. 

Who is rejecting bids for our only 3 sellable players, who authorised the signings of the 2 new players, who authorised an u23 team this season etc etc

Anyway but on to the topic my "Mr center half"....

I have been badgering my source to see what else he knows/has heard.  The next bit is what I have been told:

There are so many championship standard players available that wages have gone through the floor. 

The pull of playing for Bowyer is massive, both for older players who remember him as a player but his reputation as a coach and improver of players is growing daily.

Mr Center half is championship level

Nabby is on less at Huddersfield than he was at Charlton.  He would have stayed but wanted the security of a contract now. 

The loan market has significantly changed, championship clubs can't now pay the loan fees they used to.  More power to the player to choose if their club insisted they went on loan. 

If we had signed all the players we have lined up now in January we would have been more likely to get in the play offs than go down

This isn't about money, these are all players that will take what we are offering to play for us. 

Now im trying to remember what defenders we were linked with in Jan. Chances are it could be one of those lined up.
    Harlee Dean was one name I remember but that might've been just forum gossip
    Not even that I think, I'm sure that came from one of those transfer rumours Twitter accounts that post made up rumours.
    Only one it makes any sense to sell is Phillips. It’s not just waged we’re restricted on its numbers. Sell Doughty or Bonne and we’d just have to bring in a straight replacement. Sell Phillips and we wouldn’t need to bring in another goal keeper so could use the space he frees up to bring in a centre back.

In ideal world would rather keep Phillips, but we’re not operating in an ideal world right now. Concern would be does any money Phillips’ sale brings in be used to keep the club afloat or would it be pocketed by someone. 

If the money is used to keep the club afloat, h=right now thats fine with me. Maney being pocketed by anyone, of course, is not!
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Looks like Ben Watson is at the game today. 

If its not him it is a very good lookalike. 
    He managed to get a ticket? :smile:

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Could be reading loads into this but why would Watson be at the game if he knew he couldn’t sign! 
  • Options
    cabbie8 said:
    Watson is signing and Saangard is the new owner 
    I’m hearing tomorrow could be a big day. 
    Are you ITK or ITDK?

@Dazzler21 there's another one wanting to get on your list  :smile:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    cabbie8 said:
    Watson is signing and Saangard is the new owner 
    I’m hearing tomorrow could be a big day. 
    Are you ITK or ITDK?

@Dazzler21 there's another one wanting to get on your list  :smile:

How did you know I’m in the kitchen? Have you hacked the webcam on my laptop?
  • Options
    Tolaji Bola, an arsenal left back said to be at the game.
    Can he play centre half as well?

• Options
    Tolaji Bola, an arsenal left back said to be at the game.
    Right back more urgent, and a couple of centre halves