Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Options
    dickplumb said:
    If we get one player in tomorrow let alone seven, I will run around Bexleyheath stark bollock naked.
    At least it'll be nice weather tomorrow for it.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    You do wonder who signed off this year's budget. 

Who is rejecting bids for our only 3 sellable players, who authorised the signings of the 2 new players, who authorised an u23 team this season etc etc

Anyway but on to the topic my "Mr center half"....

I have been badgering my source to see what else he knows/has heard.  The next bit is what I have been told:

There are so many championship standard players available that wages have gone through the floor. 

The pull of playing for Bowyer is massive, both for older players who remember him as a player but his reputation as a coach and improver of players is growing daily.

Mr Center half is championship level

Nabby is on less at Huddersfield than he was at Charlton.  He would have stayed but wanted the security of a contract now. 

The loan market has significantly changed, championship clubs can't now pay the loan fees they used to.  More power to the player to choose if their club insisted they went on loan. 

If we had signed all the players we have lined up now in January we would have been more likely to get in the play offs than go down

This isn't about money, these are all players that will take what we are offering to play for us. 

Now im trying to remember what defenders we were linked with in Jan. Chances are it could be one of those lined up.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Who is rejecting bids for our only 3 sellable players, who authorised the signings of the 2 new players, who authorised an u23 team this season etc etc

I have been badgering my source to see what else he knows/has heard.  The next bit is what I have been told:

There are so many championship standard players available that wages have gone through the floor. 

The pull of playing for Bowyer is massive, both for older players who remember him as a player but his reputation as a coach and improver of players is growing daily.

Nabby is on less at Huddersfield than he was at Charlton.  He would have stayed but wanted the security of a contract now. 

The loan market has significantly changed, championship clubs can't now pay the loan fees they used to.  More power to the player to choose if their club insisted they went on loan. 

If we had signed all the players we have lined up now in January we would have been more likely to get in the play offs than go down

This isn't about money, these are all players that will take what we are offering to play for us. 

Now im trying to remember what defenders we were linked with in Jan. Chances are it could be one of those lined up.
    The only one I remember was the Birmingham guy
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Harlee Dean was one name I remember but that might've been just forum gossip
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

I took that as if we had signed the 3-7 players we have lined up (source Bowyer, Red Henry, my source) they would have been an up grade on Green, McGeady, Davies and Smith. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

I took that as if we had signed the 3-7 players we have lined up (source Bowyer, Red Henry, my source) they would have been an up grade on Green, McGeady, Davies and Smith. 

I see. Yeh that makes sense as well.
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Not even that I think, I'm sure that came from one of those transfer rumours Twitter accounts that post made up rumours.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Scoham said:

354 new signings? Scarfy will be thread bare by the end of all those photo shoots.
    He said 345!

But that'd surely leave us short of cover at right back?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    MattF said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Not even that I think, I'm sure that came from one of those transfer rumours Twitter accounts that post made up rumours.
    Probably that, not sure we were ever seriously linked with anyone that we didnt get on loan apart from Maddison for obvious reasons
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2020
    It's just gone midnight and already tomorrow.

So why no news of the 7 new signings? :neutral:

#itsallredhenrysfault

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

If we had signed all the players we have lined up now in January we would have been more likely to get in the play offs than go down. 

* centre

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

If we had signed all the players we have lined up now in January we would have been more likely to get in the play offs than go down. 

For that matter, I've confused what budget Bowyer actually has. Are the signings Bowyer  has lined up ones paid for out of TS's pocket, or are they ones paid for from the existing budget as we've lost a few (comparatively) high earners from the squad such as Solly, Sarr, Taylor and Hemed which would pay for cheaper replacements.
  • Options
    Stephen Taylor
  • Options
    Stephen Taylor
    The one who used to play for Newcastle? Is he signing for us? I see he has been playing in New Zealand.
  • Options
    Stephen Taylor
    Played for Newcastle with Bowyer. Greenwich born. Nearly 35!
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/football/a-league/122764168/captain-steven-taylor-leaves-wellington-phoenix-by-mutual-consent

Left Wellington Phoenix on Monday by mutual consent.

Made 44 appearances in League One for Peterborough in 17-18.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Let's not be signing any more Roger Johnsons please 
  • Options
    Yes not sure my ears can take all that swearing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Valley11 said:
    Stephen Taylor
    Played for Newcastle with Bowyer. Greenwich born. Nearly 35!
    Famously there was a game where they both got sent off, for equally hilarious actions (pretending to be hit in the face when handballing off the line and fighting Kieron Dyer) 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

For that matter, I've confused what budget Bowyer actually has. Are the signings Bowyer  has lined up ones paid for out of TS's pocket, or are they ones paid for from the existing budget as we've lost a few (comparatively) high earners from the squad such as Solly, Sarr, Taylor and Hemed which would pay for cheaper replacements.
    Well quite, the ownerships  actions never seem to match either what they say, or all the theories banded about here.   They haven't since January.

If you were "weeks away" from going bust why would you bring in any players and not sell any? 
  • Options
    He won't be coming to us? Ever? Yeah, we've never plucked an old English clogger from the Indian league before 
  • Options
    dickplumb said:
    dickplumb said:
    Yeah ok. Just mentioned him in case people got excited and if somehow it found some substance, then I could claim to be that most hallowed of states - ITK.
    I thought you had posted things that were in the know.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:
    dickplumb said:
    dickplumb said:
    Yeah ok. Just mentioned him in case people got excited and if somehow it found some substance, then I could claim to be that most hallowed of states - ITK.
    I thought you had posted things that were in the know.
    You thought wrong , join the club 
  • Options
    Matthews
    Lynch
    Cullen
    Wilshire
    Morrison
    Field

= 6

we can probably rule them all out given transfers seem a pretty well guarded secret nowadays.
  • Options
    Kazaiah Sterling from Spurs? He needs to go out on loan and picks up a lot of injuries so will fit in. Been on loan at Sunderland (and Doncaster?).
    Spurs have nicked our youngsters over the years, must be a couple of local lads available