Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Options
    Hopefully a sign we're not the same club that sold others for peanuts!!
  • Options
    I know Derby are looking for a striker. Could the bid have come from them?
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    There's no point in selling what so ever, we can't spend the money in league 1, if we get promoted straight away then great but if not and we're down for another season or so again we can't spend it, if it takes us 3 years to get up then effectively that sum still can't be spent as champ is on 3 year rolling thingy for clubs spend etc. 
  • Options
    I'm loving this not for sale stance. Get the ownership sorted get these youngsters on new longterm contracts and tell these clubs that keep nicking our talent to fuck off
  • Options
    who are "the club's hierarchy" ?
  • Options
    who are "the club's hierarchy" ?
    Gallen maybe making these decisions?
  • Options
    A mate just told me it's Preston (but I believe his source is Twitter). 
  • Options
    A mate just told me it's Preston (but I believe his source is Twitter). 
    I thought Preston had moved on
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    I'm loving this not for sale stance. Get the ownership sorted get these youngsters on new longterm contracts and tell these clubs that keep nicking our talent to fuck off
    We refused to sell Taylor last summer and Bauer the summer before
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bonne has developed very well in his time with us but he’s not yet anything like the finished article. He would be well advised to get his head down, keep learning, get a real run of games under his belt, get a few goals. Much better for his career in the longer term than being a back up (which is what I expect would happen) at a mid table championship club. 
  • Options
    MattF said:

Who exactly is the Club’s hierarchy?
  • Options
    Middlesborough? War nick said last week that they hadnt enquired about Phillips but had about another one of our players 
  • Options
    Bubble said:
    MattF said:
    He’s agents been putting this crap out ever since he got a couple of goals in January. Throw in his whinging about Bowyer playing him when he wasn’t fully fit and it’s pretty obvious what’s going on.

”Unnamed Championship club”
    Probably Luton .. they’ve signed or tried to sign our other players
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    I know it’s unpopular but for anything North of 3 mil I’d let him go.

The offer is likely to be more like £400k rather than £3m.
  • Options
    I'd let him go for anything above £1m. Not seen anything to say he can score enough goals to get you promoted. 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    I'd let him go for anything above £1m. Not seen anything to say he can score enough goals to get you promoted. 
    Who replaces him when we are under an embargo and not able to splash the cash?
    Obviously not until we have a replacement.....duh.

Just dont think he is up to it. Certainly not as a main striker.
  • Options
    I dont think we should sell him but someone posted earlier a startling fact. The 2 starting lineups in tonight's game total value.

Whu....£181m
    Charlton £200k

That's a mental stat if true
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    AndyG said:
    I dont think we should sell him but someone posted earlier a startling fact. The 2 starting lineups in tonight's game total value.

Whu....£181m
    Charlton £200k

That's a mental stat if true
    Especially when you consider that the £200k is actually one player (Bonne)
  • Options
    Championship clubs sniffing around our players is no surprise, we have been ultimate soft touches in transfers a few years now.  Clubs will come and think they can pick up our players for crazy low prices like Brentford and others have done before.  Hopefully TS takes over and we can start driving better when we sell
  • Options
    Scoham said:

354 new signings? Scarfy will be thread bare by the end of all those photo shoots.
    He said 345!
  • Options
    dickplumb said:
    If we get one player in tomorrow let alone seven, I will run around Bexleyheath stark bollock naked.
    You've got the user name for it
    Combined with your username it makes for a very powerful innuendo