Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Options
    I wasn't over excited by Sam Field anyway. He was decent enough, but hardly stood out before his injury and after his return he was fine but nothing special
    Agree after his return, before his injury we looked comfortable with him and Pratley swapping off the bench. 
  • Options
    We should do like Peterborough did with their forward, out price him and state a figure that puts them off, 5M say.  The tight Scottish club would soon walk away.
    Might send the wrong Signal to the player if you want him to sign a contract extension ? 
    What you say to clubs publicly can be different to what you say and agree with the player. He would know that the club doesn't want to sell and a new offer will be on the table once ownership is sorted.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I wasn't over excited by Sam Field anyway. He was decent enough, but hardly stood out before his injury and after his return he was fine but nothing special
    Agree after his return, before his injury we looked comfortable with him and Pratley swapping off the bench. 
    He was fine before the injury, but hardly stood out when compared to he likes of Gallagher and T***** during that early season period. He featured in 9 games, starting 4 of them
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    As good as he could be, we really don’t need another CM. 

Much rather some wingers, strikers and defenders 
    I agree , really like Field as a player but I don't think we really need another CM to come in. 
    Disagree. I think we really benefit with having him or Pratley in midfield. Maybe a bit more important last year when we had more defending to do but it'd be a great singing.

No chance though as he should easily get into a championship side.
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    PopIcon said:
    While Joel Lynch comes with a lot of experience, he is also not very good. 
    Disagree.

This is League One. He has played most of his career at Championship level.

He also has a touch of the Nabster about him. Remember the two goals he scored for Huddersfield against us? 

He spent half of last season at a mid-table League One outfit. If that is our ambition then then fine.

The screamer he scored against us was yonks back, five, six, seven years ago? 

• Options

We really do. The only proper defensive-minded holding midfielder we have is Pratley and he's a thousand years old bless him. If we're going to play 4-3-3 then we'll only get away with a midfield of say JFC, Lapslie and Gilbey against weaker teams and after that we'll need a proper shield for the defence when we go up against stronger sides. If we revert back to the diamond it will be even more important.
  • Options
    A lot of people forgetting we have Dylan Levitt in this thread 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    A lot of people forgetting we have Dylan Levitt in this thread 
    He'll be playing tonightso we can see what he is all about
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well we've already lost: Cullen | Field | Gallagher | Kayal | McGeady | Smith | Davis from last season who played in the centre, Pratley too has potentially moved to CB

We've only signed Gilbey in that area so quite surprised that people dont think we need more depth in Centre-Midfield
    Not fair to double name though. We haven’t lost all those players since the end of the season. We lost 4 CMs and it’s not just Gilbey, we’ve signed Levitt too. 
  • Options

We really do. The only proper defensive-minded holding midfielder we have is Pratley and he's a thousand years old bless him. If we're going to play 4-3-3 then we'll only get away with a midfield of say JFC, Lapslie and Gilbey against weaker teams and after that we'll need a proper shield for the defence when we go up against stronger sides. If we revert back to the diamond it will be even more important.
    We have: 
    Pratley/Levitt
    Lapslie/Gilbey
    Morgan/JFC

I think 6 CMs is plenty. So many more areas of higher importance. 
    And we're not in the Championship, where we were under the cosh a lot of the time against teams with much better players, and needed a midfield full of defensive minded battlers

In L1, assuming the embargo is lifted, we'll be a big fish, and lot of teams will be parking the bus against us
  • Options

We have: 
    Pratley/Levitt
    Lapslie/Gilbey
    Morgan/JFC

May I remind you, with the greatest of respects, we had about 8 midfielders injured at once between November and January, in Bows I fully trust with the number of midfielders he thinks is necessary.
  • Options
    MM not in Reading squard for tonights cup game.
  • Options

We have: 
    Pratley/Levitt
    Lapslie/Gilbey
    Morgan/JFC

May I remind you, with the greatest of respects, we had about 8 midfielders injured at once between November and January, in Bows I fully trust with the number of midfielders he thinks is necessary.
    We’re a league 1 side with a salary cap now introduced. 

All well and good saying let’s have an many midfielders as we can get, but what about the other areas. Just because we had an injury crisis in midfield last season doesn’t mean we’re not going to get one in another area this season. 
  • Options

We have: 
    Pratley/Levitt
    Lapslie/Gilbey
    Morgan/JFC

We’re a league 1 side with a salary cap now introduced. 

All well and good saying let’s have an many midfielders as we can get, but what about the other areas. Just because we had an injury crisis in midfield last season doesn’t mean we’re not going to get one in another area this season. 
    I didn’t say as many as we can get I said as many as Bowyer feels necessary.

Ive no idea how the salary cap works but I know that Bowyer and Gallen would be operating with that in mind.

Perhaos we had an injury crisis in midfield because that’s what Bowyer demands of his midfielders, I don’t know, hence why... #InBowsWeTrust 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Wilshire not in WH squad for tonight's game.
  • Options

We have: 
    Pratley/Levitt
    Lapslie/Gilbey
    Morgan/JFC

We could have 4 CBs suspended or injured, but I wouldn't expect us to have 6 or 7 in the squad just in case!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

We have: 
    Pratley/Levitt
    Lapslie/Gilbey
    Morgan/JFC

It's not about the number of players, it's whether they fill the right role. Gilbey is the box to box player to replace Gallagher. Lapslie works hard but we showed we didn't really have a replacement for him last season once Gallagher left. Morgan and JFC are deep-lying playmakers and from what I've heard about Levitt he's the same. It could be that he's also brilliant at breaking up play, I don't know a huge amount about him, but from what I've heard about him we need another midfielder to sit deep and protect the defence.
    Also, we can sign other players as well once this embargo is over, you don't have to just sign players by descending importance of position.
  • Options

We have: 
    Pratley/Levitt
    Lapslie/Gilbey
    Morgan/JFC

It's not about the number of players, it's whether they fill the right role. Gilbey is the box to box player to replace Gallagher. Lapslie works hard but we showed we didn't really have a replacement for him last season once Gallagher left. Morgan and JFC are deep-lying playmakers and from what I've heard about Levitt he's the same. It could be that he's also brilliant at breaking up play, I don't know a huge amount about him, but from what I've heard about him we need another midfielder to sit deep and protect the defence.
    Also, we can sign other players as well once this embargo is over, you don't have to just sign players by descending importance of position.
    But they are directly linked. We should be signing the right players for the role. Not signing players and then needing more for a particular role. Although I do agree about an out and out defensive midfielder, I’d accept that; although I don’t think Field fits that criteria. 

I never said we should be signing players in order of importance, but let’s not forget the salary cap. And whilst under an embargo, we absolutely should be concentrating on a couple of defenders first in case it never does get removed. 
  • Options

We really don’t. 

We have Morgan, Pratley, Forster-Caskey, Levitt, Gilbey, Lapslie and a few u23 lads that can see us through to January - and that’s not including attacking midfielders. 

What we do need is attackers and defenders, midfield is the one place we don’t NEED anybody. I’m not against signing a midfielder to improve what we already have, but we don’t need to. There’s a big difference. 

Focus on the areas that will lose us points this season, midfield isn’t one of them.
  • Options
    Proved himself at a higher level than Ivan Toney who just went for over 10m.

I know we won’t get that for Macca but at least 5m and a sell on clause for a bid to be considered IMO.
  • Options
    'Not for sale until we can actually sign better players with that money.'