Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

League One Play Offs

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    What's wrong @JohnBoyUK? She's not slim and blonde?
    Nothing wrong, was just surprised.  Wondered if she was an ex player or something.  A very un-Sky appointnent it must be said.
    she has been around for a long time .. started on the BBC .. she knows her stuff, has a good sense of humour and is good at her job
  • Options
    I think Wycombe will 'survive' in the Champ next season. They have two vital ingredients in the team: momentum and team spirit, they are certainly no worse than (say) e.g. Hull and I wouldn't fancy our chances of beating them a t m. Nice to see a hippy manager get some well deserved success. ((:>)
    Last night they out fought and 'out desired' an Oxford team that was far too slow and indecisive in midfield. Wycombe moved the ball well, took advantage of a very dodgy keeper and defended superbly.
  • Options
    Klopp is brilliant, great touch
    Ingrained in my brain is hate Klopp hate Klopp hate Klopp but jeez, he is so classy with little things like that.  Got to be one of the nicest managers in the game.
  • Options
    costs him nothing to do that apart from a couple of minutes of his time.....but it's absolutely made Akinfenwa's day
  • Options
    Fantastic achievement by Ainsworth and Wycombe that. Likeable club and manager even if the football is not very attractive.

Wycombe massively rode their luck over those 3 playoff games and were dropping fast in the league before lockdown. Given their budget will be almost non existent, it's hard to see them finishing anywhere other than bottom next season. But they did prove all the doubters wrong this year. 
  • Options
    They just have to not do what Yeovil did
  • Options
    I think Wycombe will 'survive' in the Champ next season. They have two vital ingredients in the team: momentum and team spirit, they are certainly no worse than (say) e.g. Hull and I wouldn't fancy our chances of beating them a t m. Nice to see a hippy manager get some well deserved success. ((:>)
    Last night they out fought and 'out desired' an Oxford team that was far too slow and indecisive in midfield. Wycombe moved the ball well, took advantage of a very dodgy keeper and defended superbly.
    I can't see it

They'll win a few games and no doubt shock one of the "softer" big boys (say a Fulham), but ultimately money does count. With their style of football, you can't see the big PL sides lending them players either

• Options
    Normally I like to see promoted teams do well.*

However this time I hope that all three teams that are coming up go down, because none of them deserve a place in The Championship.

If you can play the play-offs then you can finish the season properly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ultimately though they're still a side who were 8th in league one pre-lockdown.

They'll be nailed on to finish bottom of the championship without a doubt. Their budget was apparently one of the lowest in league one, so they will almost certainly struggle to compete in the championship.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    You cannot watch this and not smile. Absolutely brilliant. Akinfenwe. Brilliant. Klopp? Brilliant. The whole thing is brilliant. 

Liverpool: sign him up.
  • Options
    Pencil the dates!!

https://www.efl.com/news/2021/april/sky-bet-efl-play-off-dates-confirmed

18th / 19th May for the Semi-Final 1st Legs
    21st / 22nd May for the Semi-Final 2nd Legs

Sunday 30th May the big one!!
  • Options
    are they planning for fans to be allowed in for the play offs?
  • Options
    Who knows, might be doubtful for the Semi-Finals, but we should be allowed 10,000 if we make the Final
  • Options
    I would imagine they will be keen to have some fans at Wembley if possible as a sort of tester for the Euros.
  • Options
    Might actually be allowed some fans into the Valley for the Play-Offs...

17th May is the next milestone in the lockdown roadmap

and in outdoor venues with a capacity of 4,000 people or half-full (whichever is a lower number). In the largest outdoor seated venues, where crowds can be spread out, up to 10,000 people will be able to attend (or a quarter-full, whichever is lower).
  • Options
    Who knows, might be doubtful for the Semi-Finals, but we should be allowed 10,000 if we make the Final
    10,000 total I think - so that covers fans from Charlton, Sunderland and all the tickets that would go to the rest of the “football family”, sponsors and associated hangers on. 

Hopefully our allocation would be enough to offer one per season ticket holder. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    10,000 total I think - so that covers fans from Charlton, Sunderland and all the tickets that would go to the rest of the “football family”, sponsors and associated hangers on. 

Hopefully our allocation would be enough to offer one per season ticket holder. 
    Yeah sorry thats what I meant, I realise how easy I left it open for confusion
  • Options
    Pencil the dates!!

https://www.efl.com/news/2021/april/sky-bet-efl-play-off-dates-confirmed

18th / 19th May for the Semi-Final 1st Legs
    21st / 22nd May for the Semi-Final 2nd Legs

Sunday 30th May the big one!!
    30 May already in my diary - but success for us will be the only birthday present I will want!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Kick off times...

Semi final A: 6pm Tues 18th May & 7:45pm Fri 21st May

Semi final B: 6pm Weds 19th May & 3:00pm Sat 22nd May

Final:
    3pm Sun 30th May
  • Options
    Let's hope no more royals are passing away.
  • Options
    Let's not get ahead of ourselves ... 
  • Options
    so Hull is now 12:00 on Sunday 9th May? 
  • Options
    Sci-FI film fest in Greenwich on Saturday 29th, followed by Charlton in the play off final on the 30th (more Sci-Fi) that's my weekend sorted. 
  • Options
    Couldn't have worked out better for me as I am going away to Yorkshire on sunday 23rd and return on Saturday 29th 😁 now we just me to make the play offs. Simple.