Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Michael Beale

Comments

• Options
    Thats a weird appointment. Not doubting he has started well with QPR but still very untested. 

Poor loyalty to the club who gave him his break in management aswell. If this goes tits up then his management rep could take a battering. 
  • Options
    I’d love it if he replaced Gerrard at Villa.
  • Options
    Thats a weird appointment. Not doubting he has started well with QPR but still very untested. 

Poor loyalty to the club who gave him his break in management aswell. If this goes tits up then his management rep could take a battering. 
    Totally agree with this point.  Jumping at the first opportunity is poor form IMO
  • Options
    Surprised they are going for an English manager but Beale has worked in Brazil so might speak Portuguese 
  • Options
    "In January 2017, Beale, a long-time fan of South American football, took the opportunity to move to Brazilian club São Paulo, learning Portuguese to act as assistant to Rogerio Ceni. However, just six months later, Ceni and his backroom team were sacked after a string of poor results."
  • Options
    I guess we can count ourselves lucky he didn’t take the Charlton job.
  • Options
    His salary will be quadrupled - premiership gig. Why would he stay at QPR? Loyalty isn’t a common thing in football anyway. Good luck to him - I think he is a class tactician and hope he does well! 
  • Options
    Beale getting a Premier League job than I bet even he would have dreamed. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good move but pretty poor form from him. 
  • Options
    I know it's a step up for him, but still think it's poor to move on so quickly.  He's clearly a very talented young manager, but It's probably a good thing he didn't end up here if he would've taken another job within a few months
  • Options
    Is he a Charlton fan???
  • Options
    Good luck to him but ballsy from Wolves 
  • Options
    Wolves are only second to Watford for sacking managers. 

Beale will be lucky to he there at the end of the season. 
  • Options
    Shame he didn't join before yesterday..may have galvanised them to heat Palace
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Wolves are established Premier League team with good players, he'd be mental to turn it down!

That one way of looking at it but I thought he had just moved his family back to London from the Midlands.

Family does matter for some people or else he may be best to wait a week or two and then he can upgrade his house in the suburbs of Birmingham and go back as the number 1 at Villa and the kids maybe able to go back to the same school or even a private school on the bigger wages.

Edited: Michael Beale can speak Portuguese !
  • Options
    Wolves are established Premier League team with good players, he'd be mental to turn it down!

That one way of looking at it but I thought he had just moved his family back to London from the Midlands.

Family does matter for some people or else he may be best to wait a week or two and then he can upgrade his house in the suburbs of Birmingham and go back as the number 1 and the kids maybe able to go back to the same school or even a private school on the bigger wages.

Ps. Don't thing Michael Beale can speak Portuguese so communication may be an issue at Wolves !
    Worked in Brazil so is likely to be able to speak at least some Portuguese 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No guarantee he'll go yet is there?

They've been linked with Lopetegui, Nuno Santo, Bosz.

I always thought Jardim seemed like a good shout.
  • Options
    Wolves are only second to Watford for sacking managers. 

Beale will be lucky to he there at the end of the season. 
    9 mangers since 2006.

In the same period QPR have had 26.

Defintely more likely to get sacked at Wolves then.
    Why are you bringing facts into it?
  • Options
    QPR put a buyout closure in his contract 

Club pays buyout clause 

not sure what the issue is - he is not breaking his contract in any way. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    QPR put a buyout closure in his contract 

Club pays buyout clause 

not sure what the issue is - he is not breaking his contract in any way. 
    Indeed. He's not going to get the Wolves job when QPR sack him (because they will at some point if he doesn't choose to move himself) and this might end up being his only opportunity to manage in the Premier League as a result. There are only half a dozen English Managers in the Premier League so it's not as if there are stacks of jobs available at that level.

Garner is doing an excellent job for us. It is interesting, though, that two Managers who were very much in the frame for our job have bettered themselves by bypassing us. One is Beale (leading Championship with QPR) and the other is Matt Taylor at Rotherham who are 6 points off top place with a game in hand.
  • Options
    QPR went top of the Championship yesterday, there's the chance of real glory if he can take them up.
  • Options
    .......and he and me btw
  • Options
    QPR went top of the Championship yesterday, there's the chance of real glory if he can take them up.
    But, depending on the expectations at QPR, the sack if they fail to make the play offs. They are only 3 points above 7th place!
  • Options

Michael Beale: QPR boss turns down Wolves approach to be new manager

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63330066