Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Michael Beale

Comments

• Options
    The right decision. He's very inexperienced as a manager, so much better to learn his trade at a less pressurised club like QPR, where promotion would be a massive achievement, rather than "expected". 
    By staying his personal reputation increases as well, who would want to take on a manager who jumps ship after a few months?
  • Options
    He ain't all that. This was proved when garnerball outclassed them in the cup
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Not surprised he turned down Wolves But a Villa offer if Stephen Gerrard is sacked in the next month may have a different outcome. The buy out clause could be activated if Michael Beale heads back up North to the Midlands where he had a big impact on the Villa team according to Gerrard. 

Another strange embarrassing utterance by Thomas Sandgaard when using Michael Beale name as a yardstick he wanted to go above last season.

• Options
    Thats a weird appointment. Not doubting he has started well with QPR but still very untested. 

Poor loyalty to the club who gave him his break in management aswell. If this goes tits up then his management rep could take a battering. 

You jumped the gun.
  • Options
    Fair play to him.  The correct decision
  • Options
    Young english managers at championship clubs don't get offered Premier League gigs often. Most of them have to get there by getting their current team promoted. I get the loyalty angle, but not like if he sticks around another 6 months he's guaranteed to get another offer. Having grown up 20 miles from Wolverhampton, I can attest that Wolves are a bigger club than some realize, they're well funded, and have more potential than QPR. Sad that this is the state of the game, but he'd be mad to turn it down. QPR would dump him in a heartbeat if their results/form turned.

They were.  Their owners are Fosun I believe.  They are a Chinese property company.  China has a huge debt problem their property companies are struggling with and Fosun are fire selling assets to try to stay alive.  I suspect Wolves budget for new players may well have disappeared and their funding is likely to be in jeopardy.  

Beale has made the right decision to stay at the club that gave him a chance only 6months ago, that deserves loyalty.  They are also top and if he gets them promoted not only will he be a hero there he will also become increasingly employable.

Jump to Wolves, have their funding pulled and he is on a hiding to nothing, then if they fire sell Wolves and new owners come in he would likely be dumped soon anyway.
  • Options
    Beale echoed what I said, which was about wanting to stay and achieve something, and that if you do well, further opportunities will come up in the future.

I imagine Wolves expected him to accept, as the caretaker Davis will stay in place until the new year now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63330066
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Job for Beale has just come up.
  • Options
    I'd imagine he'll be a kot more interested in the Villa job
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Good interview but ultimately i just don't think he was overly tempted by Wolves. It'll be interesting to see if he feels the same way if a bigger club comes in for him.

Although he'll look a bit of a dick after saying all that and then accepting something else, so i think he'll be at QPR until at least the summer.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Good interview but ultimately i just don't think he was overly tempted by Wolves. It'll be interesting to see if he feels the same way if a bigger club comes in for him.

Although he'll look a bit of a dick after saying all that and then accepting something else, so i think he'll be at QPR until at least the summer.

Oh I think he's there until the summer anyway now. Villa will probably try for Poch. 
  • Options
    What would be worse than Beale jumping ship and going Wolves? Talking about integrity and loyalty, then going Villa instead, a day later.

Reckon he'll be at QPR for a while yet, as long as he ain't sacked.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:

He'll not worry about that once wages are being discussed.
  • Options
    Lmao, how it changes eh 
  • Options
    Yep one sniff of ginger and their knickers are round their ankles!
  • Options
    If Beale goes to Rangers and makes a success of it Gerrard’s managerial reputation will be toast. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    QPR went top of the Championship yesterday, there's the chance of real glory if he can take them up.
    But, depending on the expectations at QPR, the sack if they fail to make the play offs. They are only 3 points above 7th place!

From top to 7th in a matter of half a dozen games (and just one point in their last five) since he turned down a move to the PL just five weeks ago. A potential lack of investment at QPR, the threat of the sack if they carried on going in the wrong direction and lure of managing a club that he knows back to front in a two horse league proved just too much. 

Sport (and football especially) is never that straightforward and using the word "integrity" in every interview was, perhaps, not the wisest of moves.
  • Options
    If Beale goes to Rangers and makes a success of it Gerrard’s managerial reputation will be toast. 
    Bet Gerrard's next job will be as Southgate's replacement
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Oh god you’re right
  • Options
    Oh god you’re right
    Thankfully that is seldom the case, so hopefully I'm wrong again ;)
  • Options
    Nah, it'll be Potter after Chelsea sack him.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Nah, it'll be Potter after Chelsea sack him.
    I hope so... Him and Howe look to have the sense to want to wait it out for another club role - The likes of Gerrard and Lampard now though are beginning to run their their reputations dry.

I mean when have the FA ever taken the sensible choice - They fluked it with Southgate
  • Options
    Oh god you’re right
    No he's not. Behave both of you
  • Options
    Why's that? Gerrard did a fine job at Rangers. Things only turned sour for SG at Villa, a different club in a different league. Rangers form has also dippped since Gerrard left. 
  • Options
    I've no idea why you'd turn down Wolves only to be tempted by Rangers a few weeks later. Obviously i get that Rangers are a big club, 50k fans, play in Europe etc but surely it's just a stepping stone to a Premier league job.........which he just turned down.

Is he going to get a bigger club/job if he does well at Rangers? I doubt it as clubs will probably be wary after Gerrard's failure at Villa. Surely Wolves as a PL club would also pay more than Rangers?
  • Options
    But is Wolves currently too much of a challenge? He wants a job where he has a chance of moulding a side and all their recruitment definitely haa little to do with the manager. Wolves are a bit gamble due to their current plight and you would have no control over the January recruitment.