Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Reading | Sat 11 Jul | 12:30pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    we must win our home games
    CAFC 2 v Reading 1
  • Options
    Reading play some nice football and can score goals, we have no threat up front so I see a 0-2 or a 1-2 to Reading
    We were so much better than them at Reading.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Phillips
    Lockyer | Pearce | Sarr
    Matthews | Cullen | Field | Morgan | Doughty
    Williams 
           Bonne

1-0 
    Bonne again.
  • Options
    Same team as forever addickted or as we played at brentford. We have the quality to score. 
    The key will be if bowyer has the balls Not to park the bus after going ahead as we aren't good enough to park the bus. 

Don't park the bus - 2-0 win 
    park the bus after 45 - 1-1 draw

bows is the key for this game. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Reading play some nice football and can score goals, we have no threat up front so I see a 0-2 or a 1-2 to Reading
    We were better but i remember they were unlucky to score a couple of times maybe missed an open goal and hit the bar?! 
  • Options
    2121 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    We were better but i remember they were unlucky to score a couple of times maybe missed an open goal and hit the bar?! 
    They paid the price for being a bit rubbish then ;-)
  • Options
    It is really time to go for it. Shouldnt sit back on a 1-0, momentum is with us so keep going until comfortable.

Charlton 2-0

Bonne and Cullen

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Must win, simple as that.
  • Options
    It’s been a shitty week. My stepson died suddenly on Monday and I need a Charlton win to lift my spirits ... Don’t let me down
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    It’s been a shitty week. My stepson died suddenly on Monday and I need a Charlton win to lift my spirits ... Don’t let me down
    sad news about your stepson .. R I P
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Great preview again by the way, @ForeverAddickted - got too carried away with writing my thoughts as they came to me.

One more from you next week, it's been great to share to responsibility of the previews with yourself.
    Cheers mate...

Has been a pleasure sharing responsibilities with you this season 
  • Options
    Nervy 1-0 to sneak nearer safety. 
  • Options
    Good preview FA , liking your line up , 1-0 to us , Hemed finally nets one.
  • Options
    2-0 Bonne Sarr
  • Options
    Sage said:
    We’re at home against a team who isn’t pushing for promotion. That means we play a back four and Morgan comes into the side. I would assume McGeady comes in too for Williams as I doubt Jonny will be able to start 2 games in quick succession. Unfortunate, as he showed what he adds to us.

With Aneke only getting a handful of minutes on Tuesday, he will have enough in him to start. As I would anticipate Hemed also pushing hard with being rested in midweek. If Bonne is on the bench, expect him to come on with 30 minutes or so to go.

Thinking probably a very similar team to the one we have seen us play on the weekend games.

Shame in a way as I think Sarr deserves to start, his range of passing and control on the ball allows us to keep possession better and build rather than hitting it a bit longer. However, Pearce has been excellent for us since the return and was so close to getting another goal on Tuesday.

Whatever team selection Bow makes, this is a must win game, and one I feel we will.

Team I‘d like to see:

Phillips
    Matthews Lockyer Sarr Doughty
    Field
    Cullen Morgan
    Williams
    Aneke Bonne

Team I would expect to see:

Phillips
    Matthews Lockyer Pearce Oshilaja
    McGeady Cullen Pratley Morgan
    Aneke Hemed

Charlton Athletic 2-1 Reading
    Aneke
    Bonne
    Yeah pretty much this. Don't know about the result. I think teams have figured out our 4-4-2. Millwall didn't really get out of second gear and pretty much shut us down. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    _MrDick said:
    Sorry about your sad news. Hopefully a 1-0 win will help a bit.
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    Sorry to hear that mate.  C'mon Addicks, cheer us the fuck up!
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    So sorry to hear of your sad news.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear your sad news @_MrDick

• Options
    Our season is going to hang on the next 3 games. We absolutely cannot go into the final game away at Leeds needing something. Lets go out and win two of our next 3 against beatable opposition. COYRs.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    We are now in the 'must win' or, at the very least, 'must not lose' stage if we entertain realistic hopes of avoiding relegation.

I would be tempted to give Josh Davison a game if Bonne is too knackered to start. I think he has the ability to move the Reading defenders around more than Hemed or Aneke and has shown, particularly against West Brom, that he can mix it physically too. Another consideration is that Reading will almost certainly have prepared for various combinations of Hemed, Aneke and Bonne so a 'surprise factor' might go in our favour.
  • Options
    must win 

so a 2-1 loss and the famous " we go again 3 finals to come "

• Options
    They are safe so lets hope they know that and join the likes of Bristol & Preston on the beach already and make this an easier game.

Not confident at all but desperately hoping for a 1-0 win. I fear if we drop into the bottom 3 we won't get out.