Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Last Day of the Season. How are you Feeling?

Comments

• Options
    Oh to have that Wembley feeling again tonight.  Come on, we can do this.
  • Options
    Afraid I have a glass half-empty feeling about all things Charlton. Feel it is the safest approach to take! Won't stop me watching and hoping, but if we are 1-0 up, or even 1-1 going into injury time I will still not be confident.
  • Options
    Sick. Not sure I can bear to follow the matches. I might just turn my phone off and stick a film on, turn it on to check the scores at 10. Worst part is I have a big day at work tomorrow so can't even drink.
  • Options
    I feel fecking dreadful.
    I hate what is to come this evening.
  • Options
    Nipsy like a rabbit's nose
  • Options
    Chilled currently, ask me at 7.30... 
  • Options
    Not good - it's the knowledge that, actually, even if we survive tonight that isn't closure. The threat of relegation still hangs over us and potentially far worse. The fear of the unknown. 
  • Options
    Empty and alone..... 😭

I want.... but won't get Barnsley and Luton to both lose and not worry about our result or Wigans.... Then the effing EFL points deduction fiasco will not bother us and we're safe until the next disaster comes along shortly after...

Seriously though... and I say this to younger supporters IF we win at Leeds I would say that would be one of the greatest victories ever in my 50 years of support...its that big for us.

Coyr....fcuking have em'! Go for the throat and give it everything... You do that and I won't complain whatever the result. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nervous, but also frustrated that we could find ourselves in the bottom 3 tonight with the tantalising prospect of being saved by points deductions elsewhere for Wednesday. Or not

I think we will be competitive tonight, I was pleased with our attacking play in the first half on Saturday. I think Brentford will beat Barnsley. I don't know what Luton will get from Blackburn.

I think Wigan will struggle to beat Fulham, but I'd rather that we don't have to rely on them and go through the "waiting for the appeal to take place" process...
  • Options
    I am nervous, but weirdly not sure what I am nervous for. Do I want us to survive and struggle on with the ownership deadlock into next year? Or is it better to take the medicine now, with relegation, admin, and the chance to build again from actually firm foundations. I just do not know what I should be hoping for.
  • Options
    Got so much crap going on in my life at the moment (on top of Covid) I will be kind of glad when it is over. While it's "only a game" it is such a big part of me I can't help it affecting me, even though there are far more major things happening.  
    Also feeling a bit this. I'm having the worst year of my life, the Covid business being just the cherry on the cake.

Football has always been a happy distraction from every day worries, though following our lot brings it's own brand of unique stress. This year, with all the shenanigans off the pitch particularly seems to have knocked the football stuffing out of me, but I know I'll still be a mess at 7:30 tonight...even though I've sort of mentally accepted the outcome already there's such a strong emotional tie you just can't help letting hope triumph over experience. 
  • Options
    Terrible 
    distracted
    angsty 
    shitting thru the eye of a needle
  • Options
    Same as a lot of peeps...no sleep,thinking wot has gone on with our club,the last fuck know’s how many seasons but somehow we seem to have ended up in worse situation,considering
    how big promotion meant the last time out...we all thought that day was the day that  Charlton had been reborn to start all over again...yr (& abit) later & here we are hanging on by a thread to our very existence played out by absolute chancers,scumbags,the EFL & everyother money grabbing c;@ts...

Excited nervousness,it’s gonna be a tough watch of the game,but I have to watch in that glimmer of hope that Bows sets us up right,Naby smacks one in the top corner,we then get the pen & score then Bonne wraps it up with a deflection of his arse,to become top
     scorer over that over c&@t...then it’s up to the gods on the fallout...either way...!!

Cmon U Addicks...Let’s fucking do this...us against the world it seems,3-2 n we at least stay out of the bottom 3....

• Options
    I think we’ll beat them. 
    But as others have said, it all feels unreal and disconnected. 
    I suspect this is Bowyer’s last game, which is the biggest problem regardless of the result. 
    Then all the off field stuff. 
  • Options
    I can't see us winning, a draw at best and that means we are relying on other results. My prediction is that safety will be confirmed when Wigan lose their appeal. 
  • Options
    I'm putting what the EFL might do with Sheff W out of my head and assuming Wigan will get a 12-point penalty. Maybe, that's naive.

I'm flitting between feeling things will land in our favour and feeling that the bookmakers have got it all wrong by offering such generous odds on Charlton to go down. If we just had to win and things would be OK, it would help, but there are not just some bumps in the road ahead, it's more like craters and quagmires. I'm left wondering what next season will look like whatever division we are in.

Hey, but already I've come back to the present and a warm feeling has come over me. And, I'm feeling confident. Except I'm not.
  • Options
    It’s not great... there is a 1 in 5 chance that we could Dave ourselves... maybe less... is going to be intense... I’ll be up at 430am to watch and I’ve taken the morning off.

its so important to stay up, and we’ve worked miracles before.

It’s football... 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    “All the permutations “ but strangely no mention of Charlton..

Championship final day: Promotion, play-offs and relegation still to be decided
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53485035
  • Options
    I'm pretty calm about it to be honest. I'm resigned to us going down so if we somehow stay up then it's a bonus. Plus even if we do go down we may yet survive or if we survive we may yet go down so I'm not worrying about it until the EFL ratify who will be in what division whenever that may be.
  • Options
    SICK!!!
  • Options
    Thinking about how miserable and bereft I'll feel if we get relegated tonight has left me feeling miserable and bereft.

I fear that West Brom will be 2 nil up against QPR within 15 or 20 minutes, and then Brentford and Fulham will be hauling off anyone remotely talented to protect them for the play-offs, with the remaining players refusing to tackle due to fear of injury.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    Thinking about how miserable and bereft I'll feel if we get relegated tonight has left me feeling miserable and bereft.

I fear that West Brom will be 2 nil up against QPR within 15 or 20 minutes, and then Brentford and Fulham will be hauling off anyone remotely talented to protect them for the play-offs, with the remaining players refusing to tackle due to fear of injury.
    Trouble is do Brentford / Fulham see Forest or Cardiff / Swansea as the easier game in the Play-Off - They may continue fighting for third if they prefer to avoid Forest in the Play-Offs 
  • Options
    I can barely raise the effort to care any more.  In a way it's a relief.  If I did care I'd be completely miserable about the whole situation. 
  • Options
    Feeling corrupted. Corrupt government, corrupt football. Course, a win would change all that. Come on boys!
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Looks like my Brother's baby is going to be born today. His first. He is an Addick too and doesn't want his son born on the day we go down. So I'm sure that won't happen..... I think.
  • Options
    Looks like my Brother's baby is going to be born today. He is an Addick too and doesn't want his son born on the day we go down. So I'm sure that won't happen..... I think.
    All the best, hope it goes well for him and his partner 
  • Options
    Thanks.