Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Last Day of the Season. How are you Feeling?

Comments

• Options
    Felt sick for two days now, can’t see us getting anything at Leeds so hoping that Fulham will do us a favour (I fancy Luton to beat Blackburn and Brentford to beat Barnsley) and even then we won’t know for definite as Wigan could appeal their points deduction - this could go on for a bit yet, our poor heads...!

As for tonight, I want to watch the stream, but also need to keep an eye on the other games, but the stream is usually a minute behind - arrrgghhhh my head again....
  • Options
    On the pitch matters ... I feel OK about that. Whilst not 100% confident of getting a win at Bellend Road this evening to put matters beyond doubt, I wouldn't be surprised if, for once, results fell our way and we were able to finish outside the bottom three on merit.

Off the pitch however ... what a crock of shite. I've no confidence whatsoever in our owners (whoever they may be) doing the right thing, no confidence in the Football League doing the right thing, and every confidence that the world will conspire to send us down or, if feeling particularly vindictive, kick us out of the league/existence.

On the bright side, the West Coast Eagles have started to pick up a bit of form so I can enjoy the AFL for a few months before our circus rolls into town again.
  • Options
    I think a lot of people are far too sure of Luton winning, they were blown away 5-0 by Reading a couple of weeks ago... They're in the relegation place with horrendous GD for a reason
    I agree . Blackburn are a good side and can go out and play with freedom . 
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    Sorry to add to the gloom, but if we do survive we’ll be starting a new season with a totally inadequate squad about a month later. 
    Let’s worry about that tomorrow 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    A lot better than before the Birmingham game as that was our real chance in a properly winnable game. Will still be in bits by kick off though.

I think we're more likely to be relegated than stay up. I think Wigan will beat Fulham, Brentford will beat Barnsley but if we lose to Leeds then a Luton draw will be enough to relegate us.

Having said that, if we go down but Varney & Barclay succeed over the summer then I'll feel more positive about the club than if we stay up and get another season of these crooks fighting over who's in charge.
    What's the atmosphere like up there?
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    Sorry to add to the gloom, but if we do survive we’ll be starting a new season with a totally inadequate squad about a month later. 
    If we stay up we may have SW and Derby on -21 and Wigan on -12 to give us a bit of a start!
  • Options
    I am fairly emotionless. 
    Have resigned myself to next season in shitty L1. 
    Bad grounds, poor refs and an unrecognisable CAFC squad. 
    Have you noticed an improvement in refs this season then?  :o
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leeds v Charlton on laptop
    Wigan v Fulham on ipad
    Brentford v Barnsley on tv (paused for a bit so it’s not in front of the other two games )
    luton v Blackburn score on phone updates from LiveScore 

considerable amounts of chocolate close by and a sick bowl 

it’s gonna be evil, I can’t wait 
    You love your chocolate 🍫! 
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    A lot better than before the Birmingham game as that was our real chance in a properly winnable game. Will still be in bits by kick off though.

I think we're more likely to be relegated than stay up. I think Wigan will beat Fulham, Brentford will beat Barnsley but if we lose to Leeds then a Luton draw will be enough to relegate us.

Having said that, if we go down but Varney & Barclay succeed over the summer then I'll feel more positive about the club than if we stay up and get another season of these crooks fighting over who's in charge.
    Calm in SE10

Honestly, this was the first fixture I looked for when they were released. Was really looking forward to going up for a sunny weekend with leeds based mates with both teams midtable so it's very sad how it's turned out.
  • Options
    Feeling fine until I read this bleedin thread.....
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Macronate said:

Calm in SE10

Honestly, this was the first fixture I looked for when they were released. Was really looking forward to going up for a sunny weekend with leeds based mates with both teams midtable so it's very sad how it's turned out.
    Same here. 

Was going to make a big away day out of it with my son and others, sample the night life and stay over.

Maybe next year at Bournemouth 🤞
  • Options
    Getting more nervous by the hour. I just want it done and dusted to be honest. Can’t see us winning at Leeds but may just nick a point.  Whether that will be enough to stay up is anyone’s guess!

COYR 
  • Options
    Woke up this morning feeling fine. 

Mainly because I had already decided that we'll be relegated, probably some defence mechanism to deal with nerves and not have to deal with all the emotions during the game and at the final whistle. Nerves properly kicked in now though. This is going to be a horrible few hours.
  • Options
    I think we’ll stay up but whatever will be will be. There’s a bigger picture in SE7 right now that goes far beyond whether we spend 20/21 in the second tier or the third tier.

If we go into next season with somehow Farnell/Elliott involved, it’ll be a bloodbath no matter which division we are in.
  • Options
    Is it really only fifty-five, short weeks since the season started with an embarrassing half-match against Gaz Metan Mediaș?
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Redrobo said:
    Uboat said:
    If we stay up we may have SW and Derby on -21 and Wigan on -12 to give us a bit of a start!
    If Wigan stay up they won’t be on - 12 next season. The points deduction is being applied this season after tonight’s game. It may or may not relegate them. It is also subject to an appeal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just the thought of going to play Accrington and Fleetwood next season makes me ill.
  • Options
    You can say that again, to be sure...phew.

• Options
    WHat does everyine think we will do if say for example wigan are losing  , barnsley are winning and luton are winning and we know a draw is good enough to finish above wigan but we could still go down, do we hold on for draw in the hope that the deduction stands or go for win knowing if we conceded we would drop below barnsley?
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    Don’t worry I will. I’m going to worry about it today too though. 
  • Options
    Just the thought of going to play Accrington and Fleetwood next season makes me ill.
    for sure, but on the last two occasions I walked away from the dump that is Kingsmeadow hoping that this was surely our last ever visit there (even though it's a short hop on the K3 bus for me)
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    WHat does everyine think we will do if say for example wigan are losing  , barnsley are winning and luton are winning and we know a draw is good enough to finish above wigan but we could still go down, do we hold on for draw in the hope that the deduction stands or go for win knowing if we conceded we would drop below barnsley?
    We must win........
  • Options
    for sure, but on the last two occasions I walked away from the dump that is Kingsmeadow hoping that this was surely our last ever visit there (even though it's a short hop on the K3 bus for me)
    Wimbledon's new ground will be ready for our next visit there (assuming away fans are allowed in anyway!)
  • Options
    We must win, but I don't think we will. I can see Luton winning tonight with our saving grace being Wigan's points deduction after losing to Fulham. 
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    Well as we're famously good for shoring up shop and holding onto results...