Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Last Day of the Season. How are you Feeling?

123457»

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Not nervous at all. Going to be a rollercoaster tonight and I love rollercoasters. 
  • Options
    Good points ForeverAddicted. As a kid, the only news I got of Charlton was on Fridays from the SE London Mercury and the Kentish Independent, and usually that was confined to a report on the previous Saturday's match. The most informative publication was the match programme which occasionally contained titbits on injuries and reports on how the reserves and youth teams were getting on. At tuppence, it was good value.
    There was no interaction between fans and players unless you stood behind Charlie Wright's goal, as the keeper would often keep up a constant dialogue with fans. No doubt this is what made him so popular.
    The best way to find out what was going on back then was by chatting to fellow fans, and standing in The Covered End was how I learnt about the walks to Palace, QPR and Arsenal in the cup. It was also by word of mouth that I would learn when an extra large turnout was being organised to away games where we might have previously had a bit of bother, and where a bit of retribution was being planned. No mobiles back then, so a good turnout usually took the opposition by surprise. Good friendships were made back then, and sadly some of those friends are no longer with us. (I knew Duncan Frame when he was a skinny ten year old.)
    Fast forward to 2020, and everything is under such scrutiny. You can't break wind without it appearing on twitter/instagram or Facebook. We have travelled a journey that has taken us from knowing little about each other, to becoming privy to things which, quite frankly, I don't want to know.
    Does this make following Charlton better or worse? Or is it just different?
    For what it's worth, for me the actual football is better, but what accompanies the game is what makes me yearn for times gone by. 
    At least I had those times.
    This.......... there is an odd calm in me at the moment. No matter what happens, on or off, I will always have those memories. Now fer feks sake lads, go out and stuff them!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Coooommmmmme on youuuuu reeeeddddssssssssaa!!!!!!!?
  • Options
    Coooommmmmme on youuuuu reeeeddddssssssssaa!!!!!!!?
  • Options
    The way I see it was we were down on PPG so we have a fighting chance. It’s a free roll of the dice and we are going to come up sixes !!!
  • Options
    Not good - it's the knowledge that, actually, even if we survive tonight that isn't closure. The threat of relegation still hangs over us and potentially far worse. The fear of the unknown. 
    Same here.
  • Options
    COME ON YOU RIP ROARING GOAL SCORING ADDICKS!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Talksport reporter at Elland Road just said the crowd is slowly building up outside the stadium, lot more expected as well. 
  • Options
    Talksport reporter at Elland Road just said the crowd is slowly building up outside the stadium, lot more expected as well. 
    Has he said if Sue is there?
  • Options
    Sick. Very sick.
  • Options
    Surely one day we must get the luck - the penalty decision, the og, the shot that deflects in? Maybe today?
  • Options
    Mainly Leeds? 
  • Options
    Did someone say just eat?
  • Options
    Over the moon can not wait to see how the EFL cock things up.

Bowyer stay with us and Charlton Owners will come good just as long as its true Charlton men in place.

Anyone from Manchester or Belgium can go and do one.
  • Options
    The next two weeks are going to be critical.
  • Options
    COYR

Turn up and give it your best shot.

Can't criticise the starting line up it's about as strong as we've got.
  • Options
    Not great at half time
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Entirely confident.  We are staying up.

We never lose to Leeds,  neither Wigan or Barnsley will win.
    Hmm. Was I wrong.  Still think Barnsley or Wigan let a goal in and draw and Shef Weds get deducted 12 points... would be enough.
  • Options
    Just crap, am on holiday and the first halves everywhere has shit on it from a great height. 
  • Options
    el-pietro said:
    I can't make my mind up. I don't think it likely we get much if anything from our game, but Wigan, Barnsley and Luton are all bad to middling teams with difficult games. Wigan are clearly the best of the bunch down there but they play Fulham who can still get promoted today. Same for Barnsley v Brentford. In my mind Luton have been safe for ages, their last few fixtures have been much easier than the rest of the teams. We'd all prefer to be playing Blackburn today.
    So it comes down to how much Fulham and Brentford are up for it today.

I think we'll end the day in 22nd place and spend the rest of the summer waiting on news from Sheffield Wednesdays appeal.