Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Last Day of the Season. How are you Feeling?

Comments

• Options
    MrLargo said:
    Thinking about how miserable and bereft I'll feel if we get relegated tonight has left me feeling miserable and bereft.

I fear that West Brom will be 2 nil up against QPR within 15 or 20 minutes, and then Brentford and Fulham will be hauling off anyone remotely talented to protect them for the play-offs, with the remaining players refusing to tackle due to fear of injury.
    Trouble is do Brentford / Fulham see Forest or Cardiff / Swansea as the easier game in the Play-Off - They may continue fighting for third if they prefer to avoid Forest in the Play-Offs 
    No such thing as an easy play off game.

Both Brentford and Fulham will surely go out to win their matches tonight.
  • Options
    Confident the football gods shall be kind to us 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Just fed up with it all....ownership issues, Range Rovers, fraudsters, Manchester, Romanians, the EFL, lawyers, fans arguing...then the football.  The hope, then the despair, the last minute goals, missing the whole match day experience, Lyle Taylor.  Sadly I'm resigned to League one, maybe even administration... after 20 Years as a S/T holder am even thinking about not bothering - that's if there is anything left to even buy a ticket for...
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    As has been said I think we have massively over achieved this season when we consider that our squad was stronger last year. Gallagher being recalled. The injuries to half our first team. The off the pitch bullshit should not be under estimated. It must been such a toxic environment this year with Bows and Jacko trying to protect the players. Hull have ownership issues and sold their best 2 players in January and they've achieved 8 points in 20 games. We've achieved 20 odd points in the same period. 

Whatever happens we cant blame the players or Bowyer. The shit show of ownership will be to blame.

I think we'll be in the bottom 3 come 21.30 but may stay up due to wigans -12.
  • Options
    I've decided Wigan will draw and Barnsley will lose rendering our match pointless. That is until you take lutons win into account and we're relegated in a court room in 2 weeks time 
  • Options
    It's my birthday, been pretty good so far so I'm fully expecting it to get ruined come 9 odd
  • Options
    Happy Birthday mate
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LTKapal said:
    It's my birthday, been pretty good so far so I'm fully expecting it to get ruined come 9 odd
    Hopefully you will have your best present delivered around 9.30pm
  • Options
    Cheers, fingers crossed 😬
  • Options
    Schizophrenic.

On a rational level what will be will be or, more appropriately, it is what it is. I expected us to be relegated shortly after Christmas given the lack of financial support and the sheer number of longterm injuries to key players so just being in with a chance is a bonus.

The little boy that still lurks within even Old Gits like me is hoping and praying other results go our way and we can somehow escape without reliance on the whim of the EFL in any shape or form.

I'll pay my £10 and suffer.

COYR
  • Options
    I find myself with a strange infatuation for Blackburn Rovers today. Luton v Blackburn is the only other result that matters in my opinion because I fully expect the EFL to balls up the point deductions. 

We need to be as good or better than Luton, and with the opponents we've drawn, that might be a tall order, but i am trying to stay positive that we've gotten something from Leeds before, and we can do it again 
  • Options
    Paid my tenner this morning. Can't say I am looking forward to it. Horrible feeling waiting and finding it difficult to concentrate on work. Keep thinking to Leeds playoff all those years ago. I went to all three games. We need a Shirtliff tonight. Time is dragging. Just want it over now. Try some meditation and if this fails then drugs.

• Options
    Happy relegation day :# 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    The bookies / Punters still think we are staying up. You can still get 9-4 on us getting relegated on the Betfair exchange . 

Odds for relegation 

Luton 7-2
    Charlton 9-4
    Wigan 8-11
    Barnsley 1-11
    Hull City 1-33
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Thought it would be good to share this on this thread too.

There is a glimmer that all could come good by the end of all this

Keep the faith!

Andrew Barclay
    @andrewdbarclay
    I wish Lee Bowyer and the team all the best for the game at Leeds this evening. Whatever the outcome, our interest in acquiring The Valley, Training Ground and Club remains.
    Well that has cheered me up. Whether or not AB and PV can find a way through this ownership mess with some of the players involved, who knows? All I do know is that if PV is involved there is a good chance this could become a "normal" football club again.
  • Options
    Not as nervous as I'd be if we were on our way to Leeds for it. The whole things just feels a bit disjointed
  • Options
    edited July 2020

Keep the faith!

Andrew Barclay
    @andrewdbarclay
    I wish Lee Bowyer and the team all the best for the game at Leeds this evening. Whatever the outcome, our interest in acquiring The Valley, Training Ground and Club remains.
    I'll gladly accept relegation if it means we get a decent owner who is willing to take us back to the Championship and to the Premier League within 5 years.

;) 
  • Options

Keep the faith!

Andrew Barclay
    @andrewdbarclay
    Well that has cheered me up. Whether or not AB and PV can find a way through this ownership mess with some of the players involved, who knows? All I do know is that if PV is involved there is a good chance this could become a "normal" football club again.
    Well, at least it reminds us that there is something to hope for.
    It's lifted my spirits a little.
  • Options
    Resigned to us losing so focusing on the other games.

With the fact that I’m not expecting to “go” to football until 2021, my daughter is a week old and I’ve just accepted an offer on my house this is quite low down on priority list. 

Still get the odd butterfly but the past few months has really made me lose a lot of love for it all.
  • Options
    Any way you look at it, we would have to be very unfortunate to go down. Wigan or Barnsley beating Fulham or Brentford combined with Luton getting something at Blackburn
  • Options
    The footballing Gods will no doubt look down and see Charlton Athletic scrambling on its back with its legs waving frantically in the air and think "job done".

A cluster fuck of misfortunes on all fronts this year but I am proud of Lee and the boys who remain and who never give up.  Class is permanent lads and I salute you all!

Me?  I am resigned as usual, that is the natural demeanour of an Addick.
  • Options
    LTKapal said:
    Have you ordered him a brass?
  • Options
    Calmer than I thought I would be. Now in my eighth decade of supporting the Addicks I will accept relegation if we end in the bottom three alongside Wigan and Wednesday. If we end up in the bottom three alongside two from Hull, Luton and Barnsley because the EFL have bottled the decision to penalise Wigan for going into administration, and for failing to penalise Wednesday for cheating the system, then my days of watching Charlton, and live football, are over.
    This will probably make me sound like the old fogey I've become, but how I miss football in the sixties and early seventies when everything was so much simpler, and when today's so called stars such as Mr Lyle Taylor couldn't hold a candle to the likes of Johnny Summers, Stuart Leary, Keith Peacock, Colin Powell, Peter Reeves and the inimitable Derek Hales.
    This.
  • Options
    LTKapal said:
    Have you ordered him a brass?
    I might order myself one to celebrate if we win 😁