Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leeds United v Charlton Athletic | Wed 22 July | Post-match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Obviously needed to be safe before tonight, Leeds were different class

Always silly results on the last day as Barnsley proved, good luck to them

Dont see us recovering from this for a while 

Back to the JPT 

Quite literally the worst year ever 
  • Options
    Rich Cawley: If you want my opinion, I can't see Lee Bowyer sticking around. Just feels like the chaos off the pitch has taken its toll on him.
    Exactly. He looked a broken man on the touchline tonight.
  • Options
    Rich Cawley: If you want my opinion, I can't see Lee Bowyer sticking around. Just feels like the chaos off the pitch has taken its toll on him.
    Defo and wouldnt blame him. Brum need a manager? 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    And whatever way you slice it; Taylor’s actions are unforgivable. 
    Such a shame to go from hero to villain in such a short time. He must have some regret about that.
  • Options
    Have we got elliot on a long contract cant see him sticking around. Just heard doughty signed? Thats great news 
  • Options
    From the elation and false hope of that 94th minute winner at Wembley to this. This season has just been attrocious. There are some absolute scumbags involved in football and sadly a number of them have descended on our club.

Bowyer has been hamstrung for much of the season. Yes he has made some mistakes that sadly have seen us miss out of the points that would have given us safety but he overachieved to keep us competitive for much of the season. Having the likes of Solly and Taylor down tools at the end was just the icing on the cake.

I absolutely fear for our future now as I just don't trust the people running our club do the things that are going to be best for our club. And Roland you cancerous old prick; just fuck off.

• Options
    Back in lockdown I said that relegating clubs based on ppg was ridiculous, and that Hull were plunging into the bottom 3. However at the time I was aware that both Luton and Barnsley were finding a bit of form, I just never expected them both to overtake us like that on the last day

That's what hurts. Yes we can't compete with the big boys, but we've been relegated on the last day by Barnsley and Luton. And we look a complete mess, as whatever division we're in, we'll struggle to compete until the ESI situation is resolved
  • Options

Fancy Swansea to beat them in the play offs now.
    Hope so

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    And would anyone blame Bowyer if he threw in the towel right now?
    Not at all. He needs to jack  it in for his own wellbeing. 
  • Options
    If we manage to shake off the crooked clowns from Lancashire, it looks like it's Johnnie Jackson next season.  Including the staff and players, but really feel sorry for Bowyer having to deal with failed crooked businessmen and a string of morally fraudulent sociopaths  Baaaaahghfaasffy
  • Options
    2121 said:
    Have we got elliot on a long contract cant see him sticking around. Just heard doughty signed? Thats great news 
    When did Doughty sign a new deal?
  • Options
    I can’t really add anything further to all your comments. I’m gutted by tonight’s results but deep down I think a lot of us had already known that we weren’t going to survive.

Charlton has been my life for the last 50 years, but with everything that’s happening off the field I don’t really know if I have the enthusiasm or love for football any longer. I do know that my boycott starts again next season - I’m not giving whichever crook ‘owns’ us a penny of my money.

Goodnight all my fellow heartbroken fans 😥
    I am also in my 50th year as a Charlton supporter and wont br renewing my season ticket next season unless by some miracle we are taken over by somebody credible.
  • Options
    And would anyone blame Bowyer if he threw in the towel right now?
    How could you
  • Options
    ColinTat said:
    Sure no fight:  Leeds wage bill £46 million, Charlton £6.5 million.  Couldn't just be an absolutely cavernous gulf in resources?
    Both sets of players way over paid...why do fans think that getting more than a hundred k for kicking a ball is ok...it ain't. 
    Leeds players have earned their club more than £46M.
  • Options
    Gave up watching at 4-0, we’ve been relying on results going our way for 9 games and we were one goal to Brentford away from staying up another season. Heartbreaking but when you’re relying on other teams it’s always going to end in pain.
  • Options
    I have my two crying boys to console tight now. Difficult to rationalise it to them. They’re not interested in how well bowyer did in the context of all the ownership crap. ☹️
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Valley11 said:
    And whatever way you slice it; Taylor’s actions are unforgivable. 
    Such a shame to go from hero to villain in such a short time. He must have some regret about that.
    could have become a club legend in club folklore with legacy. And likely he would have got some crucial goals. Now hell get a few extra k to waste on audis and ranges
  • Options
    At least Barnsley, and to some extent Luton are well run football clubs. We were so lucky to get Bowyer who performed miracles way beyond his resources
  • Options
    The pie n mash botherers are out in full force 
  • Options
    2121 said:
    Sorry, im sure i read that?? Maybe on here 
  • Options
    2121 said:
    2121 said:
    Sorry, im sure i read that?? Maybe on here, coud be mistake 

• Options
    Oh dear Roland, you stumbled by chance across a winning combination of Bowyer, Gallen, Jackson and the heroes that took to the pitch every week to get promoted. With your wealth, you had a genuine chance to finally make a success of Charlton by giving us some proper backing for once. Instead you fucked it, and I hope soon Charlton fans can reach out and sting you for that.
  • Options
    2121 said:
    2121 said:
    Just reread the thread its only until 2021 lol 
  • Options
    2121 said:
    2121 said:
    We took up a 1 year option which is how Farnell and the rest of them hope to finance the last few months I imagine