Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leeds United v Charlton Athletic | Wed 22 July | Post-match Thread

Comments

• Options
    se9addick said:
    ColinTat said:
    Sure no fight:  Leeds wage bill £46 million, Charlton £6.5 million.  Couldn't just be an absolutely cavernous gulf in resources?
    Both sets of players way over paid...why do fans think that getting more than a hundred k for kicking a ball is ok...it ain't. 
    Leeds players have earned their club more than £46M.
    No they haven't. People who subscribe to Sky have.
  • Options
    What needs to happen is that the club does not declare admin. Wait for Sheffield Wed result from inquiry 
  • Options
    2121 said:
    2121 said:
    2121 said:
    Have we got elliot on a long contract cant see him sticking around. Just heard doughty signed? Thats great news 
    When did Doughty sign a new deal?
    Sorry, im sure i read that?? Maybe on here 
    Just reread the thread its only until 2021 lol 
    And it's now almost quarter past 10 so his contract expired almost 2 hours ago.

He'll be off, contracts mean fuck all these days.
  • Options
    You can f@cking forget relegation @ElfsborgAddick has come down the pub with £20 and run out of money
  • Options
    2121 said:
    2121 said:
    Have we got elliot on a long contract cant see him sticking around. Just heard doughty signed? Thats great news 
    When did Doughty sign a new deal?
    Sorry, im sure i read that?? Maybe on here 
    Nah no worries, he's here till next Summer but wont be surprised if the crooks see the cash signs with him
  • Options
    limeygent said:
    What's your club worth now Duchatelet?
    Bet he doesn’t even know we got relegated. 
  • Options
    Barnsley goal looked about a yard offside!
  • Options
    Could people stop going on about Roland. yes he shafted us when he sold control of the football club, he is not any worse off because Charlton relegated, he still owns a lot of land in London that he can land bank and get cheap loans on. We need to worry about who will want to buy the football club and support the multimillion pound losses each year,
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Have to say reading some of his post match comments, it doesn't seem like Bowyer is going to be here next season.
    Bowyer to Birmingham nailed on now.
  • Options
    And would anyone blame Bowyer if he threw in the towel right now?
    Not at all. He needs to jack  it in for his own wellbeing. 
    I agree. Unless the Barclay/Varney proposed bid gets traction and very quickly I can’t see him staying around. 
  • Options
    Even if Wednesday get relegated by the EFL in a couple of weeks, what sort of state would we be in to prepare for the next season?
  • Options
    Ffs £20 f@cking quid the w@nker
  • Options
    Even if Wednesday get relegated by the EFL in a couple of weeks, what sort of state would we be in to prepare for the next season?
    The fact we could break even ! 
  • Options
    The website says it finished 1-1. What a fucking joke of a club.
  • Options
    No way it's happening this season.
  • Options
    I’d be more than happy with Jackson taking over if LB leaves.

However, if we are still under an embargo in September then we will be getting ready to play football in League Two this time next year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gammysnr said:
    Have to say reading some of his post match comments, it doesn't seem like Bowyer is going to be here next season.
    Bowyer to Birmingham nailed on now.
    Yes, leaked to the media to destabilise Charlton before the match. Would have thought that JoshAddick may have been able to follow the pictures (posted 10.04) ££££££££££££££££££££££

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Leeds were very good tonight and look like they will push for a European place next season. To lay into the Charlton players when they were up against such quality seems harsh to me. 

Hope Bowyer stays, but can totally understand him going. 

Europe? Behave will you.
    Well they will keep that squad and add to it. They have Bielsa. And they are better than Burnley and Wolves were when they went up, both of whom got in Europe fairly soon after promotion. 

But anyway, not really important in the grand scheme of things. Just thought it worth pointing out, as the gulf in quality was plain to see.

Didn't wolves set a record points tally?
  • Options
    the whole season has been defined by late goals, so you just knew there would be a late twist.  While it was 1-1 at Brentford I was numb rather than nervous, like waiting for the floods to come..

No single reason for relegation really...but it all goes back to Roland, he's the one who has created this mess
  • Options
    Only thing keeping me going is the thought of an ESI-less Charlton, backed by Varney and co with full ownership of the club, ground, training ground and all assets, with Jacko at the helm (I reckon Bowyer is off). Staying up but keeping everything else the same would be a disaster. Of course, going down and keeping it all the same would be worse.
    So right. Knowing this, tonights theatre rather academic. I certainly felt little going into the match. See my post at 10.04 for details.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Sounds like a goodbye from Bowyer, might be wrong but reading those quotes I would not be surprised.
    I think the tank's empty. He's put his heart and soul into Charlton with little or no support and so nearly succeeded in keeping us up.

I wouldn't blame him at all for going but hope he doesn't of course. 
  • Options
    Lurker said:
    Seems like the writing has been on the wall for months but it’s still a kick in the balls. 

Doesn’t even feel like a football club anymore, I spend much more time reading about the shambles off the pitch then I do about what’s happening on the pitch and it’s been this way for years. It’s just not right and I don’t know what to do about it. At least under Roland we had a common enemy. 

What is clear though is that we shouldn’t give a penny to these thieving parasites. Please don’t buy a season ticket until they’re out.  
    Unfortunately there will always be fans to buy season tickets.
    Most of them don't give a shit about the ownership.
    Witness the fans in the ground who complained against the high profile demonstrations against Duchatatlet. 
    I saw fans threatening those who were protesting as they said it would affect the players, even though we had a great record in those games.
    We have our fair share of moronic fans, who couldn't give a shit about the bigger picture.
  • Options
    I can see Bowyer resigning, rather than leaving to take over another club. I think the whole season has taken its toll

Indeed it wouldn't surprise me if he had a few months off