Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leeds United v Charlton Athletic | Wed 22 July | Post-match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Brownie29 said:
    I have my two crying boys to console tight now. Difficult to rationalise it to them. They’re not interested in how well bowyer did in the context of all the ownership crap. ☹️
    Really feel for you. Have you copied EFL in on this?
  • Options
    One more point would have been enough. Can't help feeling we may have got that if Taylor didn't give up
    When Cafc needed him he didn’t want to know but the club paid him when he got injured in that no nothing tournament abroad that he played in. If his sale doesn’t go through by 31/7 he’ll be due another months money when he hasn’t worn a shirt for us for 2 months. 
    One things for sure, if I was in charge he wouldnt be getting paid a penny. 

And then see him in Court. 
  • Options
    Sounds like a goodbye from Bowyer, might be wrong but reading those quotes I would not be surprised.
    Yep, I think so too.

JJ next up on the rank

• Options
    se9addick said:
    Rossman92 said:
    Would have felt horrible if we were saved from Relegation on a technicality. Wigan don't deserve to be down, I think we probably do. Unless Varney and Barclay come in and the EFL pull their fingers out of their ass, we could very well go right down to League 2. 

This team wasn't Championship quality, but we know who is to blame for that. That said, if we didn't concede just a couple of those late goals, we are safe. Football is a cruel game. Nightmare season 
    Would have felt absolutely amazing to me. Either way I really think it was that Birmingham goal that did it a few days ago.
    Looks like it was, had that stayed 1-0 then we'd be safe
    Unfortunately football isn’t that simple. I’m sure Brentford fans will think, for example, if they had equalised at The Valley when they battered us and we somehow won 1-0 they might have gone up. It’s swings and roundabouts and you finish where you deserve to finish. (Post not aimed specifically at you just a general observation).
  • Options
    Barnsley goal looked about a yard offside!
    This is the EFL. Still counts.........

Darren Bond is expert at offsides, just like vs. Reading

Charlton boss Lee Bowyer:

"The officials have cost us the game today, it's plain and simple. Chuks Aneke, his goal is a goal. And I said to the fourth official, 'the linesman can't just guess'.

"You have to be 100 per cent right on these decisions, these are big moments, there are careers on the line.

"If their penalty was a penalty then so was ours, because Jake got dragged to the floor, and it's a penalty.

"Something has to be done, because that wasn't up to scratch, all of them, the ref and the two linesmen."

• Options
    No wins in our last seven games meant we went out without a fight and our club is in a desperate state. Until the ownership is sorted we'll continue to sink.

Can't even see us having a squad for L1.

Desperate and sad times.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    se9addick said:
    Rossman92 said:
    Would have felt horrible if we were saved from Relegation on a technicality. Wigan don't deserve to be down, I think we probably do. Unless Varney and Barclay come in and the EFL pull their fingers out of their ass, we could very well go right down to League 2. 

This team wasn't Championship quality, but we know who is to blame for that. That said, if we didn't concede just a couple of those late goals, we are safe. Football is a cruel game. Nightmare season 
    Would have felt absolutely amazing to me. Either way I really think it was that Birmingham goal that did it a few days ago.
    Looks like it was, had that stayed 1-0 then we'd be safe
    Unfortunately football isn’t that simple. I’m sure Brentford fans will think, for example, if they had equalised at The Valley when they battered us and we somehow won 1-0 they might have gone up. It’s swings and roundabouts and you finish where you deserve to finish. (Post not aimed specifically at you just a general observation).
    Nah dont worry I know and is very true

People can say we conceded after 90mins so many times but there will no doubt be Barnsley / Luton games where their fans felt robbed just as often

The League Table never lies!!
  • Options

"The officials have cost us the game today, it's plain and simple. Chuks Aneke, his goal is a goal. And I said to the fourth official, 'the linesman can't just guess'.

"You have to be 100 per cent right on these decisions, these are big moments, there are careers on the line.

"If their penalty was a penalty then so was ours, because Jake got dragged to the floor, and it's a penalty.

"Something has to be done, because that wasn't up to scratch, all of them, the ref and the two linesmen."

What the fuck is your obsession with Darren Bond.

We do attract some funny people.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    I think it's time to do what the Standard Liege fans did to Duchatelet.  But not to Duchatelet, to Elliot and Farnell.  Farnell said he wanted an interim owner, clearly so he could flip the club and rip money out the club for him and Nimer.  Direct action  1,000's of fans telling them we don't want crooks, sociopaths and miniscule failed businessmen at Charlton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Just watched the Barnsley goal again and froze it when the ball was crossed in.
    Looked about a foot offside. Certainly not a difficult decision for the Lino.
  • Options

Ignore him mate he is an aggravating wum 
  • Options
    Southall deserves some retribution as well 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Watching Liverpool lift the Premier League trophy. 
    It’s like Charlton play a different sport now. 
  • Options

Totally agree....not funny tho,just a prick...!!!
  • Options
    Cant see any way LB stays, I am sure he has many suitors and will walk into another job. I think the only question is whether he goes somewhere else immediately or resigns, either way I think he's a goner and good luck to him. Has earnt all the opportunities which will come his way.

Really hope JJ gets the job, at a really low ebb like a lot of fans at the moment and the thought of us ending up with managers like Slade, Robinson again in league one fills me with apathy. At least JJ would be someone to get behind.

• Options
    Nothing to add that hasn't already been said. Would very gladly take a fresh start under new owners next year, but tonight, that seems a long way away. Thanks Bows - still a miracle worker in my eyes - and the rest of the lads, not least Cullen given he's a loanee.

COYR.
  • Options
    Went into the season with a worse team than we had in League One.

In January we managed to get weaker.

Didn't have our best striker available for the last 7 games.

On the pitch we weren't good enough to be a championship side. They fought for everything out there, but ultimately came up short.

The off the field stuff needs sorting this off season. League One was a struggle last time and imo we had the best squad in the division. Next year I'm not even sure how many players we'll have on the books, but the same can probably be said for many league one clubs.

Can't believe I've bought my season tickets already. I do not miss league one football. Awful.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone holding onto the off chance Wednesday will be deducted and Wigan won't be overturned on appeal.....  :|
  • Options
    Lurker said:
    Seems like the writing has been on the wall for months but it’s still a kick in the balls. 

Doesn’t even feel like a football club anymore, I spend much more time reading about the shambles off the pitch then I do about what’s happening on the pitch and it’s been this way for years. It’s just not right and I don’t know what to do about it. At least under Roland we had a common enemy. 

What is clear though is that we shouldn’t give a penny to these thieving parasites. Please don’t buy a season ticket until they’re out.  
    Unfortunately there will always be fans to buy season tickets.
    Most of them don't give a shit about the ownership.
    Witness the fans in the ground who complained against the high profile demonstrations against Duchatatlet. 
    I saw fans threatening those who were protesting as they said it would affect the players, even though we had a great record in those games.
    We have our fair share of moronic fans, who couldn't give a shit about the bigger picture.
    Just putting you through to EFL Customer services..............

• Options
    edited July 2020
    The c*** liked it. Fuck you Taylor 
  • Options
    siblers said:
    Anyone holding onto the off chance Wednesday will be deducted and Wigan won't be overturned on appeal.....  :|

• Options
    Millwall and palace fans laughing at us all over Twitter. Can’t remember a worse night. 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    siblers said:
    Wigan won't be overturned, I don't believe they expect it to be overturned either
  • Options
    Gutted like everyone else.  Certainly not going to moan about players because they have run out of steam and been out classed by the Champions. 

They have done their best all season in difficult circumstances.

Bowyer & Jackson did all they could, hope they stay but don't blame them if they go.

Who knows maybe Sheff Wed will get docked points and save us.

However the future of the club is at stake and more important than what division we start in next season.  The season has finished so maybe now all these shenanigans will come to an end.  
  • Options
    I can see Bowyer resigning, rather than leaving to take over another club. I think the whole season has taken its toll

Indeed it wouldn't surprise me if he had a few months off
    At least then Elliott and Farnell can wave goodbye to 750k.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Leeds were very good tonight and look like they will push for a European place next season. To lay into the Charlton players when they were up against such quality seems harsh to me. 

Hope Bowyer stays, but can totally understand him going. 

Europe? Behave will you.
    Well they will keep that squad and add to it. They have Bielsa. And they are better than Burnley and Wolves were when they went up, both of whom got in Europe fairly soon after promotion. 

But anyway, not really important in the grand scheme of things. Just thought it worth pointing out, as the gulf in quality was plain to see.

Didn't wolves set a record points tally?
    Dunno. 

I just made the point because I can't quite work out what people expect when they criticise this Charlton squad for not putting  effort in.

The overall difference in quality and experience between the two sides tonight was so big that whatever the effort level was I reckon it simply would not have been enough. 

Before coronavirus I saw a lot of games, and the only one where I felt you could truly slag them off for not putting the work in was Middlesbrough away.

Anyway, it's all just opinions. If you and others felt they didn't put in enough effort tonight than I respect that.