Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2020/21 Europa League

Comments

• Options
    Wow... Arsenal got away with that, regardless of the offside
  • Options
    Bad night for German football. Leverkusen and Hoffenheim go out to the footballing giants of Young Boys and Molde.

Credit to Rangers though, great effort reaching the last 16. Think that's probably as far as they'll go though unless the draw is kind.
  • Options
    Half of Prague in happy meltdown, the other half in meltdown. 

A few weeks ago I assured my Sparta supporting neighbour that Slavia selling Soucek to West Ham was the beginning of the end. Last week I assured him that Leicester would see Slavia off comfortably at home. 

WTF do I know? 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Bad night for German football. Leverkusen and Hoffenheim go out to the footballing giants of Young Boys and Molde.

Credit to Rangers though, great effort reaching the last 16. Think that's probably as far as they'll go though unless the draw is kind.
    Id give them a chance against Slavia Prague, Young Boys, Molde, Kiev, Zagreb, PSV and potentially Roma and Villarreal. 
  • Options
    Dinamo Zagreb v Spurs
    Ajax v Young Boys
    Dynamo Kyiv v Villarreal
    Roma v Shakhtar Donetsk
    Olympiacos v Arsenal
    Man Utd v AC Milan
    Slavia Prague v Rangers
    Granada v Molde

I suppose that Man Utd v AC MIlan is the one that leaps out from that draw!!

Be interesting too to see how Rangers cope against a team that knocked out Premier League opposition in the last round
  • Options
    Free draw but the English clubs and Rangers kept apart. Conspiracy???
  • Options
    Spurs 2-0 down to Dinamo Zagreb. All square on aggregate now. 10 minutes from extra time
  • Options
    Spurs midfield totally missing second half. Exposing how bad Dier is once again.
  • Options
    This is appalling from Spurs. Feel sorry for Kane.
  • Options
    Can't wait to hear who Mourinho is going to blame for this. I do hope that Netflix are covering this season too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mislav Orsic destroyed Spurs single handedly and should be playing in the Prem, La Liga, Serie A or Bundesliga. Will be Croatia’s new Perisic for years to come. Being half Croatian and with no affiliation to Spurs, was rooting for the underdog all the way. Good game and equally cannot wait to hear Mourinho’s excuses. Remember when we beat Chelsea in the cup, but he claimed that Chelsea had not lost, because we went through on penalties 😂
  • Options
    Rangers too many games taking their toll. Tbf Prague are decent.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    I think a few people thought Rangers had got a decent draw by getting Slavia but they're a good side. Got draws away at Inter and Barcelona in the champions league last season, and beat Leverkusen and Leicester this season.

Pretty poor show from their player Kudela though who's been accused of racism by Glen Kamara. Obviously he's come out and denied it, but it's pretty obvious he's lying. He leant in, covered his mouth with his hand, clearly said something offensive then scurried away whilst Kamara went mental. 

Reports after the game that he was assaulted in the tunnel as well and the police were called. 
  • Options
    Rangers can concentrate on the league now.
  • Options
    I think a few people thought Rangers had got a decent draw by getting Slavia but they're a good side. Got draws away at Inter and Barcelona in the champions league last season, and beat Leverkusen and Leicester this season.

Pretty poor show from their player Kudela though who's been accused of racism by Glen Kamara. Obviously he's come out and denied it, but it's pretty obvious he's lying. He leant in, covered his mouth with his hand, clearly said something offensive then scurried away whilst Kamara went mental. 

Reports after the game that he was assaulted in the tunnel as well and the police were called. 

Well, morning after, reports are that he said “You’re fucking guy”, which doesnt make sense, but you can also assume Kudela hardly speaks much English. Probably what he meant was “You’re fucking gay” which isnt ok either. The question is, what prompted him, after the final whistle, when they had a well deserved win and the worst foul in the game  by far came from a Rangers player?

Slavia isnt my Czech team at all, btw, and there are good reasons not to like the club in its current ownership, but this is out of character from the team, which is also the most multi-racial in the league. Indeed I was a bit startled to find their famous ex player in the studio post match, Vladimir Smicer, switching into French and then English to interview 3 of their African players after the game. 
  • Options
    Arsenal next for Slavia
  • Options
    Could see the Spurs result before it happened. For me only Kane and Bale looked to be trying to or able to make a difference.
  • Options
    United v Villareal 

was hoping Arsenal v Spurs but lol 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Could potentially see an all English final
  • Options

Joe Hart - Job done 🤦‍♂️ 😂 
  • Options

Well, morning after, reports are that he said “You’re fucking guy”, which doesnt make sense, but you can also assume Kudela hardly speaks much English. Probably what he meant was “You’re fucking gay” which isnt ok either. The question is, what prompted him, after the final whistle, when they had a well deserved win and the worst foul in the game  by far came from a Rangers player?

Slavia isnt my Czech team at all, btw, and there are good reasons not to like the club in its current ownership, but this is out of character from the team, which is also the most multi-racial in the league. Indeed I was a bit startled to find their famous ex player in the studio post match, Vladimir Smicer, switching into French and then English to interview 3 of their African players after the game. 
    Absolute nonsense. There's no way Kamara gets that wound up by a player calling him gay.
  • Options

Absolute nonsense. There's no way Kamara gets that wound up by a player calling him gay.
    I dont know that´its “absolute nonsense”. Anyway what is now coming out is that he might have said “fucking monkey”. Nobody reasonable here in CZ is seeking to cover this up, but there is no conclusive proof either way. There is a video with another Rangers player shouting “ He said ‘fucking monkey’ “ but i guess you see the problem with treating that as evidence.

There is certainly conclusive proof that Roofe’s assault on the Slavia keeper is “up there “ with that 1986 assault on the French keeper, although Kovar has escaped with only a broken nose, but people are talking about Slavia being kicked out of the competition. Not heard anything from Gerrard about that. Bit of perspective going missing here. 
  • Options

Joe Hart - Job done 🤦‍♂️ 😂 
    Superb 😂
  • Options
    edited March 2021

2 Rangers players kicked a Slavia player on the floor immediately beforehand, "going for the ball" under his body.
    Personally, I thought both Rangers players were out of order.
  • Options
    Rangers players defo over stepped the mark with the kicking, but the bloke defo said something that was way out of line. It’s gonna be one word against the other but it looked bad from the footage.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9378801/Steven-Gerrard-BLASTS-Ondrej-Kudela-accusation-racial-abuse-Glen-Kamara.html

There is a video clip in this article that I was really trying to post but I can’t get it to link. In it, Kamara’s teammate Zunga clearly hears the racial slur and reacts with fury. I really don’t see how UEFA can sweep this under the carpet. It will make a complete mockery of the “taking the knee” before all UEFA matches in the future if they do.
  • Options
    Hopefully Slavia Prague get kicked out of the Europa league. Seen a photo of a banner from their fans, disgusting doesn’t do it justice