Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2020/21 Europa League

Comments

• edited March 2021
    Unfortunately if this is how the fans act, it’s not that much of a stretch to imagine a player representing the same team acting with similar intent.
  • Should be a complete ban and expulsion from the competition... 
  • That twitter image should see them kicked out... Utterly ridiculous otherwise...

• edited March 2021
    I struggle to believe that twitter image is real.
  • I think a few people thought Rangers had got a decent draw by getting Slavia but they're a good side. Got draws away at Inter and Barcelona in the champions league last season, and beat Leverkusen and Leicester this season.

Pretty poor show from their player Kudela though who's been accused of racism by Glen Kamara. Obviously he's come out and denied it, but it's pretty obvious he's lying. He leant in, covered his mouth with his hand, clearly said something offensive then scurried away whilst Kamara went mental. 

Reports after the game that he was assaulted in the tunnel as well and the police were called. 

Rangers too many games taking their toll. Tbf Prague are decent.
    Well, morning after, reports are that he said “You’re fucking guy”, which doesnt make sense, but you can also assume Kudela hardly speaks much English. Probably what he meant was “You’re fucking gay” which isnt ok either. The question is, what prompted him, after the final whistle, when they had a well deserved win and the worst foul in the game  by far came from a Rangers player?

Slavia isnt my Czech team at all, btw, and there are good reasons not to like the club in its current ownership, but this is out of character from the team, which is also the most multi-racial in the league. Indeed I was a bit startled to find their famous ex player in the studio post match, Vladimir Smicer, switching into French and then English to interview 3 of their African players after the game. 
    Absolute nonsense. There's no way Kamara gets that wound up by a player calling him gay.
    I dont know that´its “absolute nonsense”. Anyway what is now coming out is that he might have said “fucking monkey”. Nobody reasonable here in CZ is seeking to cover this up, but there is no conclusive proof either way. There is a video with another Rangers player shouting “ He said ‘fucking monkey’ “ but i guess you see the problem with treating that as evidence.

There is certainly conclusive proof that Roofe’s assault on the Slavia keeper is “up there “ with that 1986 assault on the French keeper, although Kovar has escaped with only a broken nose, but people are talking about Slavia being kicked out of the competition. Not heard anything from Gerrard about that. Bit of perspective going missing here. 
    So you're saying the covering of the mouth, the outrage from Kamara, the reaction of Zungu who clearly heard it and shouted at the dugout (without speaking to Kamara), isn't evidence enough?

Weigh that up against Slavia who are pathetically trying to claim Kudela went across to Kamara, leaned into him and covered his mouth just to say "you're fucking guy". Yep because Kamara would definitely be outraged and make a statement through his lawyer if he was called............a guy.

We have Roofe being racially abused on social media after, we have Slavia ultras now displaying that banner.

Come on, you're a sensible poster on here but let's be realistic it doesn't look too clever for Slavia does it?
  • I think a few people thought Rangers had got a decent draw by getting Slavia but they're a good side. Got draws away at Inter and Barcelona in the champions league last season, and beat Leverkusen and Leicester this season.

Pretty poor show from their player Kudela though who's been accused of racism by Glen Kamara. Obviously he's come out and denied it, but it's pretty obvious he's lying. He leant in, covered his mouth with his hand, clearly said something offensive then scurried away whilst Kamara went mental. 

Reports after the game that he was assaulted in the tunnel as well and the police were called. 

Well, morning after, reports are that he said “You’re fucking guy”, which doesnt make sense, but you can also assume Kudela hardly speaks much English. Probably what he meant was “You’re fucking gay” which isnt ok either. The question is, what prompted him, after the final whistle, when they had a well deserved win and the worst foul in the game  by far came from a Rangers player?

Slavia isnt my Czech team at all, btw, and there are good reasons not to like the club in its current ownership, but this is out of character from the team, which is also the most multi-racial in the league. Indeed I was a bit startled to find their famous ex player in the studio post match, Vladimir Smicer, switching into French and then English to interview 3 of their African players after the game. 
    Absolute nonsense. There's no way Kamara gets that wound up by a player calling him gay.
    I dont know that´its “absolute nonsense”. Anyway what is now coming out is that he might have said “fucking monkey”. Nobody reasonable here in CZ is seeking to cover this up, but there is no conclusive proof either way. There is a video with another Rangers player shouting “ He said ‘fucking monkey’ “ but i guess you see the problem with treating that as evidence.

There is certainly conclusive proof that Roofe’s assault on the Slavia keeper is “up there “ with that 1986 assault on the French keeper, although Kovar has escaped with only a broken nose, but people are talking about Slavia being kicked out of the competition. Not heard anything from Gerrard about that. Bit of perspective going missing here. 
    What about this for perspective?

• Despite all this, black players will still play for 'racist' clubs in Europe. Slavia had a few in their team.

Why don't they boycott these clubs?

• iaitch said:
    Despite all this, black players will still play for 'racist' clubs in Europe. Slavia had a few in their team.

Why don't they boycott these clubs?

Why don’t “these clubs” just try, really hard, not to racially abuse people? That way people like you won’t have to deflect from their actions with ridiculous questions.
  • There's been problems with fans in Madrid.

Say Real want Mbappe but if he comes out with the statement that he would never go to a racist club then maybe they'll do something about it rather than miss out on world class players.
  • Sponsored links:

Thats really poor, whataboutery at its finest. 

So you're saying the covering of the mouth, the outrage from Kamara, the reaction of Zungu who clearly heard it and shouted at the dugout (without speaking to Kamara), isn't evidence enough?

Weigh that up against Slavia who are pathetically trying to claim Kudela went across to Kamara, leaned into him and covered his mouth just to say "you're fucking guy". Yep because Kamara would definitely be outraged and make a statement through his lawyer if he was called............a guy.

We have Roofe being racially abused on social media after, we have Slavia ultras now displaying that banner.

Come on, you're a sensible poster on here but let's be realistic it doesn't look too clever for Slavia does it?
    No it doesnt look too clever. They have questions to answer. My main point is that the questions, by appropriate well informed people, have not yet been put, let alone the answers provided. 

It's a bit disappointing to suggest, as @se9addick does, that my views have been 'coloured' by, as he sees it ,misplaced pride in "the Czech Republic". That is unfair. I certainly agree that open racist displays here and across the region are more common among idiots, many of whom are football fans, than in the UK. However lets remind ourselves before we make this a petty nationalist thing, that orgs. like Kick it Out report that it is on the rise again in UK football too. Anyone want to dispute that? Far as I'm concerned it never went away, as I was reminded coming back from Oldham  in the tram few years ago, having to listen to some late teenage bellends in CAFC colours constantly informing everyone that "Kevin Lisbie lives in a tree". FFS most were hardly old enough to have seen him play. Any banners you see above (don't yet know if genuine), are from the Slavia equivalent of those twats.

I'd also like to point out that I had no dog in the race for this game and certainly not in the Rangers-Celtic thing, which I find toxic. As I tried to explain earlier, Slavia is a club that traditionally was the home of the "dissidents" pre 1989, whereas Sparta the home of the Commie fat cats, StB etc. However it was bought a few years ago by a "company" that in reality is the Chinese State, using the country as a staging post. The money that came in has helped them to success that most can hardly recall. Of course that attracts twats, just as our FAPL spell did. The current CEO Jaroslav Tvrdik, now widely quoted in UK media, is a massive bellend, who cannot be trusted to do the right thing in this situation. His previous track record, after all includes bankrupting the national airline..

What I will say from the POV of decent Czech fans is that they are appalled that, last time I looked, no apology has been issued, either from Roofe or Rangers, for the foul on Kovar, who is recovering from surgery in hospital. If you didn't watch the game  you may not have noticed who took his place. An 18 year old who made his 1st team debut. That sub. is also context for the trouble that followed. 

So lets wait and see, shall we? But in the meantime I invite you all to play this little game...

Suspend belief and imagine that the team in red and white was us, in that Europa League tie against Rangers. So its Ben Amos that is injured, and on comes Brewer, or more analogous Harness in his place. And, (sorry Jase, I did say suspend disbelief) it is he -as captain -  that is accused of a racist remark. My question. Based on the current equivalent evidence available today, what action would you accept would need to be taken against Charlton? How, in particular would you react to Spanners calling for us to be kicked out of the competition? Answer honestly, please...
  • iaitch said:
    There's been problems with fans in Madrid.

Say Real want Mbappe but if he comes out with the statement that he would never go to a racist club then maybe they'll do something about it rather than miss out on world class players.
    In your example, why should it be down to Mbappe? The club themselves should immediately make a statement about racism, not leave it to players. 
  • Makes my blood boil... Ban them, cost them fucking money... Kick them out... Hurt the pricks that do this... 
  • edited March 2021
    The balance of probability points to a racial slur being used. Why would he run the length of the pitch and cover his mouth to just swear at him? Why would Kamara and his teammate react so angrily to just a swear word. The answer is the wouldn’t, it’s fairly obvious what has happened but still some will defend the bigoted player and club.

Ban them from Europe for a few years, force them to take educational courses on equality and fine them a proportionate amount.
  • Fucking scum bags. 
  • edited March 2021
    I always find it disappointing that the UK gets so much stick for being racist when we are one of the most diverse countries in the world and there are people from all over the world desperate to live in the UK.
    If you voted Brexit you're apparently racist according to some.
    But calling someone a fucking monkey is apparently not too bad, because some of their players were badly fouled.

I think the majority of people are more comfortable living with "their own type" which is why certain communities are heavily white, black, Asian or whatever.
    It's just the way it is Charlton supporters would rather be in a pub full of Charlton supporters than being the only fan in a pub full of Watford supporters.

If a Charlton player called an opposition player a fucking monkey I would expect a severe sanction and I would also expect the player to be sacked. 

Eastern European countries have far more overt racism at football than the UK.
    We hardly ever, if ever, hear racial abuse of black players in the UK (bar an odd comment), but it's rife in Eastern Europe and it's beyond belief that it can be defended in any way shape or form.
  • edited March 2021
    I always find it disappointing that the UK gets so much stick for being racist when we are one of the most diverse countries in the world and there are people from all over the world desperate to live in the UK.
    But calling someone a fucking monkey is apparently not too bad, because some of their players were badly fouled.

I think the majority of people are more comfortable living with "their own type" which is why certain communities are heavily white, black, Asian or whatever.
    It's just the way it is Charlton supporters would rather be in a pub full of Charlton supporters than being the only fan in a pub full of Watford supporters.

If a Charlton player called an opposition player a fucking monkey I would expect a severe sanction and I would also expect the player to be sacked. 

We hardly ever, if ever, hear racial abuse of black players in the UK (bar an odd comment), but it's rife in Eastern Europe and it's beyond belief that it can be defended in any way shape or form.

Well thank you for at least answering my hypothetical question above. I’m genuinely disappointed nobody else took up the challenge. 

Whataboutery? **** off! If Roofe’s foul didnt happen, neither does Kudela’s intervention. It does not prove whether or not he made a racist remark, but you all know that this is a logical conclusion. They were in complete control. And Kudela if he is captain knows that a racist slur causes problems in his own dressing room, as this Tweet shows: 

(nb if you care to Google Translate the comments below you'll see that not every Czech takes that at face value)

• I always find it disappointing that the UK gets so much stick for being racist when we are one of the most diverse countries in the world and there are people from all over the world desperate to live in the UK.

Well thank you for at least answering my hypothetical question above. I’m genuinely disappointed nobody else took up the challenge. 

Whataboutery? **** off! If Roofe’s foul didnt happen, neither does Kudela’s intervention. It does not prove whether or not he made a racist remark, but you all know that this is a logical conclusion. They were in complete control. And Kudela if he is captain knows that a racist slur causes problems in his own dressing room, as this Tweet shows: 

https://twitter.com/patponcar/status/1372916721653325830?s=21

You’re making yourself look very silly pal
  • Sponsored links:

• I always find it disappointing that the UK gets so much stick for being racist when we are one of the most diverse countries in the world and there are people from all over the world desperate to live in the UK.

https://twitter.com/patponcar/status/1372916721653325830?s=21

You’re making yourself look very silly pal
    You know what, pal, based on the quality of your arguments, I'll just do my best to live with that.
  • Prague, a question: If it hadn’t have been a team from Prague involved and a player from that team being accused of a racist comment, would you have commented in the way you have, if at all ? 

(nb if you care to Google Translate the comments below you'll see that not every Czech takes that at face value)

Fuck me that is a moronic excuse for alleged racism @pragueaddick

"One of yours did a bad tackle so I'm going to call you a "fucking monkey"

Come on Richard you are better than that, I hope.

On the wider point, well done Kamera for the statement he issued.  Very bravely worded

• And black players not going to "racist" clubs.

Think about it, why should their careers have to suffer because of others racism. Again.

Maybe it's up to the fans and clubs (as Charlton did and still do I hope) to take action when required and not load all the responsibility and risk of challenging racism on its victims.

• Prague, a question: If it hadn’t have been a team from Prague involved and a player from that team being accused of a racist comment, would you have commented in the way you have, if at all ? 

That’s a reasonable question. 

My best attempt at an honest answer is, that if that were proven beyond reasonable doubt, I would expect that there would be severe sanctions on Slavia, and I would also expect the club to take action against Kudela. 

Which actually is my position in this case anyway.

*Separately* I would expect the authorities to a also throw the book at Roofe, and for Rangers to issue an apology  to Kolar. So as to limit the scope for “whataboutery” among Czech fans (which I am erroneously accused of). Not to mention Scottish mates of mine who are not Rangers fans....

Thats all I have to say on it , for now. I’ll wait and see how it plays out in both camps, and whether as regards Kudela, any more compelling evidence emerges, which Unfortunately seems unlikely. 

Whataboutery? **** off! If Roofe’s foul didnt happen, neither does Kudela’s intervention. It does not prove whether or not he made a racist remark, but you all know that this is a logical conclusion. They were in complete control. And Kudela if he is captain knows that a racist slur causes problems in his own dressing room, as this Tweet shows

How can I be racist? Some of my friends are black
  • Fucking sickening... 

That’s a reasonable question. 

My best attempt at an honest answer is, that if that were proven beyond reasonable doubt, I would expect that there would be severe sanctions on Slavia, and I would also expect the club to take action against Kudela. 

Which actually is my position in this case anyway.

*Separately* I would expect the authorities to a also throw the book at Roofe, and for Rangers to issue an apology  to Kolar. So as to limit the scope for “whataboutery” among Czech fans (which I am erroneously accused of). Not to mention Scottish mates of mine who are not Rangers fans....

Thats all I have to say on it , for now. I’ll wait and see how it plays out in both camps, and whether as regards Kudela, any more compelling evidence emerges, which Unfortunately seems unlikely. 
    I see. I still don’t see the correlation of the incidents though.