Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2020/21 Europa League

Comments

• Options
    Cowardly, i’m sure PragueAddick buys it though 
  • Options
    Oh here we go again. Had you, @Chris_from_Sidcup bothered to read even the first answer to the tweet from that Scottish hack youe would have learned some inconvenient truths: 

and this tweet from Slavia's CEO shows Kudela today at UVN hospital just up the road from me

Chris, we've both moved away from the UK, but in the country I left it was still innocent until proven guilty, and summary justice dished out by random citizens was an offence, even if that citizen was as famous as Gareth Bale.
  • Options
    He’s still a racist c*nt
  • Options
    Oh here we go again. Had you, @Chris_from_Sidcup bothered to read even the first answer to the tweet from that Scottish hack youe would have learned some inconvenient truths: 

and this tweet from Slavia's CEO shows Kudela today at UVN hospital just up the road from me

Chris, we've both moved away from the UK, but in the country I left it was still innocent until proven guilty, and summary justice dished out by random citizens was an offence, even if that citizen was as famous as Gareth Bale.
    I get your point and you are of course right in that innocent until proven guilty, but do you seriously think Glen Kamara is conducting interviews describing what was said and going to all these lengths if nothing was said?

Why would he want to (potentially) ruin the guys career and get him banned for a long time for no reason?

Why did Kudela walk up to him, cover his mouth before saying it to Kamara then scurry away if he only said what he's claiming?

Same with the Valencia player last weekend. Why would you be outraged, walk off the pitch, refuse to play on, then do an interview describing what you were called if nothing was said? Naturally the accused in both cases have denied it and come out with poor excuses as to what they supposedly said.
  • Options

I get your point and you are of course right in that innocent until proven guilty, but do you seriously think Glen Kamara is conducting interviews describing what was said and going to all these lengths if nothing was said?

Why would he want to (potentially) ruin the guys career and get him banned for a long time for no reason?

Why did Kudela walk up to him, cover his mouth before saying it to Kamara then scurry away if he only said what he's claiming?

Same with the Valencia player last weekend. Why would you be outraged, walk off the pitch, refuse to play on, then do an interview describing what you were called if nothing was said? Naturally the accused in both cases have denied it and come out with poor excuses as to what they supposedly said.
    The Slavia CEO, Tvrdik is certainly not somebody I would trust with a single koruna, but his stance in that tweetis about right I think, and probably would be our club´s stance in the same circumstances. They basically acknowledge that Kudela deliberately walked up to Kamara and said something completely out of order, and the hand cup is a very bad look. I would have thought that UEFA will conclude that while there is no independent evidence, it is clear that Kamara thought he heard something that really got to him. So I think Slavia expect and will accept a heavy punishment. 
    The behaviour of the UK football world ( never mind CL, but I say the same things on social) has really shocked Czechs who used to look up to the UK for its justice system and people’s approach. Apart from the lack of evidence they are gobsmacked that UK comments ignore that Kudela has not been in trouble for anything remotely like this in 16 years, and that nobody asks how he could be captain of a team with so many non-white skinned stars, if he were a “racisit”. Finally they resent the fact that Roofe’s assault has been completely buried in the UK media. Yet it hugely disadvantaged Slavia, who were resigned to playing the 18 year old in goal, until he was sent off after 18 mins on Sunday. You could see that Kolar had to minimise physical contact last night. Against Arsenal they got away with that approach. Would have been impossible against a more traditional British team, such as Rangers. Anyway despite all that last night they were good enough, and have the momentum. 
  • Options
    Prague you seem to be digging, i have no idea why you keep going on about the Roofe assault, when everyone is talking about the racism incident. There is no excuse, none what so ever. I completely get like with any club these incidents can happen, but some things are un-defendable. 

• Options
    Prague , what was your view on the Leeds keeper who eventually got done for abuse towards Leko .
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Prague you seem to be digging, i have no idea why you keep going on about the Roofe assault, when everyone is talking about the racism incident. There is no excuse, none what so ever. I completely get like with any club these incidents can happen, but some things are un-defendable. 

There are opinions in two countries involved here. I am trying to provide the perspective from the second country. "Things" are indefensible once they are proven beyond reasonable doubt to be a thing that actually happened.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Prague , what was your view on the Leeds keeper who eventually got done for abuse towards Leko .
    Fair question. It seems to me that the main differences are that Casilla's abuse was shouted. I guess that Macualey Bonne was considered a reliable witness. Like I said, if UEFA come to the same kind of conclusion on the balance of probability they should throw the book at Kudela as much as the FA -eventually - did with Casilla. And most reasonable Czechs will accept it, and think Kudela behaved like a ****. It might be the end of his career, at least at Slavia. Unfortunately the intervention of high profile lawyers in this case is not helping that process. 
  • Options
    Slavia Prague's Ondrej Kudela has been banned for 10 matches after racially abusing Glen Kamara - with the Rangers midfielder suspended for three games.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56747993
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    10 games is nothing really.

Trippier got a similar ban just for telling his mate he was moving to Atletico.

Onana the Ajax keeper got a one year ban for unintentionally taking his wife's medication (that isn't performance enhancing) but led to a failed drugs test.
  • Options
    UEFA are actually pathetic.

If there were fans at the game and one had racially abused Kamara he'd likely be looking at being banned for life by the club, would be named and shamed in the press, potentially even losing his job as a result as no company wants to employ a racist.

But to a player............ 'yeah a 10 game ban seems enough'.
  • Options
    If he continues to be paid during the ten game ban then I would consider the punishment not sufficient. 
    If his wages are withheld during this period then it seems a lot fairer. 
  • Options
    Good that Kudella has faced some form of punishment, although the ban is woefully light. I’m guessing the “how can he be a racist when there are black players also on his team” line of defence doesn’t work too well when held up to scrutiny.

Wonder how this will go down in the Czech Republic. 
  • Options
    10 games in apparently the minimum they can give him, so given he lied and made up a pathetic excuse as to what he supposedly said, surely that in itself deserves a lengthier ban?

About the only consolation is 10 games means he will miss the Euro's, and at 34 he's unlikely to be going to another.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Good that Kudella has faced some form of punishment, although the ban is woefully light. I’m guessing the “how can he be a racist when there are black players also on his team” line of defence doesn’t work too well when held up to scrutiny.

Very badly, for the simple reason that UEFA have, for reasons best known to themselves, decided that they will not release their “reasoning” until “later”. So nobody knows what evidence has been received that justifies a ban based on “racist” remarks. 

I am certainly not surprised by how UEFA have played this. However when I consider the fact that Bale’s deliberate elbow which broke Kudela’s nose ( and thus renders half his suspension academic) has not even been reviewed, I sympathise with decent Czechs who wonder what would have happened if the roles had been reversed in Glasgow and it had been Simon Deli who had been abused out of earshot. And as for the attitudes on this thread and in UK social media where the whole idea of evidence based justice seems to have been abandoned by people I respect, it makes me feel like Alice through the fucking Looking Glass. 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    A broken nose and a 10 game ban ain’t enough for the scummy prick.

And as for defending a racist, finished with a dig at the UK and people on here, well....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:

Very badly, for the simple reason that UEFA have, for reasons best known to themselves, decided that they will not release their “reasoning” until “later”. So nobody knows what evidence has been received that justifies a ban based on “racist” remarks. 

I am certainly not surprised by how UEFA have played this. However when I consider the fact that Bale’s deliberate elbow which broke Kudela’s nose ( and thus renders half his suspension academic) has not even been reviewed, I sympathise with decent Czechs who wonder what would have happened if the roles had been reversed in Glasgow and it had been Simon Deli who had been abused out of earshot. And as for the attitudes on this thread and in UK social media where the whole idea of evidence based justice seems to have been abandoned by people I respect, it makes me feel like Alice through the fucking Looking Glass. 
    I used to think you were a decent poster but you’ve  shown yourself to be an ignorant clown throughout this thread. Shameful  
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    It may appear that there's a lot of Brexit bitterness here.
    I can't see what else can be behind this.
  • Options
    What sort of punishment would be adequate?
  • Options
    Not much chance of any serious punishment happening when you've got a guy like that at the top table, smirking his way through an interview and unable at any point to condemn racism.
  • Options
    Dont be bloody ridiculous. Try to understand that not every event looks the same to everyone in the world as it does to some bloke in Bromley. 

It’s pretty simple.  Write down explicitly exactly what racist comment Kudela is accused of making. Then write down the *evidence* that this is actually what he said, that is  currently in the public domain. You should not have too much problem doing that since you pride yourself on ignoring the irrelevant noise, and dealing strictly with known facts. 
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    What sort of punishment would be adequate?
    A transfer to Birmingham 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Dont be bloody ridiculous. Try to understand that not every event looks the same to everyone in the world as it does to some bloke in Bromley. 

It’s pretty simple.  Write down explicitly exactly what racist comment Kudela is accused of making. Then write down the *evidence* that this is actually what he said, that is  currently in the public domain. You should not have too much problem doing that since you pride yourself on ignoring the irrelevant noise, and dealing strictly with known facts. 
    You appear to not comprehend the critical comments in response to your posts.

The issue was you appearing to defend a possible racist remark, on the basis that there was mitigation, because a team mate was very badly fouled.

Plus the additional inference that he couldn't have said anything racist because he had black/African teammates.

The issue was not whether the player was proven to have made a racist comment.

Perhaps we all misinterpreted your comments.
    Maybe we did, but in that case you could have refuted the above more clearly.
    I'll put it down to a misunderstanding.
  • Options
    Slavia are absolutely terrible. How on earth did they beat Leicester?

Arsenal 2-0 up and had a goal disallowed and we're only 20 minutes in.
  • Options
    3-0

Slavia playing like a non league side.