Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 2020/21

Comments

• Options
    “We’re doing what we can, we’re writing to the Glazers….”, says a disgruntled United fan about the protest on Five Live. 

This sounds like a radio version of one of those CL threads after people took our fight to Belgium.

• Options
    Souness has got this completely wrong. 
  • Options
    Don't know why the English clubs even thought about the Super League, the Premier League IS the Super League. 

Everything people criticised the Super League about is already true in the Premier League. There's a lack of competition, the 3 sides that go up usually go down 1 or 2 years later. There is zero ability to break into the top 6 without billionaire investment. 
  • Options
    Don't know why the English clubs even thought about the Super League, the Premier League IS the Super League. 

Everything people criticised the Super League about is already true in the Premier League. There's a lack of competition, the 3 sides that go up usually go down 1 or 2 years later. There is zero ability to break into the top 6 without billionaire investment. 
    The super league was to replace the champions league, not the Premier league.  They want to have the cake and eat it. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

The super league was to replace the champions league, not the Premier league.  They want to have the cake and eat it. 
    Yes but the public so upset about the Super League are happy with the Premier League. They're the same thing with the same issues. 
  • Options

I don't think Leicester spent billions, the idea of Leicester getting promoted then winning the league is nul and void in the Super League ideology. This is the crux of the issue. 
  • Options

I don't think Leicester spent billions, the idea of Leicester getting promoted then winning the league is nul and void in the Super League ideology. This is the crux of the issue. 
    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/leicester-city/alletransfers/verein/1003

Owner worth £5 billion. 

1 freak occurrence in 30 years is really good enough for you? 
  • Options

Owner worth £5 billion. 

But Leicester's triumph showed that it is possible.

The Not-So Super League wouldn't allow a "little" club like the Foxes take part.
  • Options
    edited May 2021

Owner worth £5 billion. 

The Not-So Super League wouldn't allow a "little" club like the Foxes take part.
    A little club with a £5bn owner. 

Dreams do come true.

The Super League also had a number of 'invitations' open to clubs to fill the full league. So you can't say that for a fact. I hate the Super League but the Premier League is genuinely no better.
  • Options
    Man Utd game off. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is the hardcore United fans from Manchester mainly.

The Glazers are the ultimate American owners who saw a cash cow and couldn't believe their luck when they took over the most famous football club worldwide and put the debt on to the club.

Power struggle which will get worldwide coverage.

European Super League and no consequences. Might be fine with the southern softies like Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs, but direct action from the northern mobs will see this story running and running.
    And what are you basing this on?

• Options
    Large scale protests effects the sky money train  all on a social media blackout weekend. Couldn't make it up.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Yes but the public so upset about the Super League are happy with the Premier League. They're the same thing with the same issues. 
    They aren't at all, the premier league is far from perfect but they are the same. 
  • Options
    Man Utd game off. 
    Good, nice to see fans at the big clubs standing up to this nonsense.
  • Options
    Shows how easy it would be to get a game called off.  
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

They aren't at all, the premier league is far from perfect but they are the same. 
    se9addick said:

Owner worth £5 billion. 

A little club with a £5bn owner. 

Dreams do come true.

The Super League also had a number of 'invitations' open to clubs to fill the full league. So you can't say that for a fact. I hate the Super League but the Premier League is genuinely no better.
    Utter nonsense, the Premier League isn’t perfect but it isn’t anywhere near as bad as what was being proposed.
    You don't think the Premier League clubs would love to breakaway from the EFL if they knew they could get away with it? Of course they would. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dave Jones is doing my head in on this. Sky majorly pissed off. Diddums 
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Shows how easy it would be to get a game called off.  
    Things are much stricter at the moment as well due to Covid. If fans are in a "player only area" then that area will need to be sanitised
  • Options
    They've just lost their big game for the weekend. Not sure when the re-arranged game will be fitted in as there are no available dates (according to what I heard them say earlier). Will they make then play sat, tues,thurs, sunday like Rotherham had to  ??  I doubt it. 
  • Options
    They've just lost their big game for the weekend. Not sure when the re-arranged game will be fitted in as there are no available dates (according to what I heard them say earlier). Will they make then play sat, tues,thurs, sunday like Rotherham had to  ??  I doubt it. 
    There are dates they aren't allowed to play on because of the champions league. 
  • Options
    That’s a great point. The SL actually destroys history, not just the future.
  • Options
    The crew on TV here in America is saying over and over that United fans “went too far”. I have to disagree. I realize this is a minority view.

Does anyone think the potential SL owners have learned their lesson? No chance. They regret how they rolled it out, not the idea itself. Next time they will hire a PR firm to do this, but it will happen. Unless the owners get the shit scared out of them. Peaceful protests are not going to do that. Club ownership in most of Europe is not a democracy. It’s a totalitarian regime. Peaceful protests don’t remove such regimes. 

For me this is identical to when Roland’s building caught fire. It was only after that incident that he started to get serious about selling. This event today is not like Trump supporters storming the capital, which was an affront to democracy. Today was a protest against non-democracy. Very different.

If this happens at all the other SL clubs (one or two times) then maybe they will think twice. Otherwise I think a SL is still inevitable. The owners will just pay off a few more groups and people to make it happen.