Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 2020/21

Comments

• 7 point gap to 5th now, surely Leicester won't blow it again.
  • Premier League: Up to 500 away fans could return to stadiums by mid-May

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56947104
  • So up to 500 a way fans may be allowed from mid May.
    That's handy just as the season is finished 
  • edited April 2021
    Wait, wtf... how is that a red. barely a foul, he got the ball and clipped him on the follow through
  • I dont understand football.anymore.

He plainly got the ball. Yes, he might have injured Vardy with his follow through but there was no intent.
  • And whilst we are at it.......didn't the West Ham player get his red card rescinded from last weekend  ?  If so, what's the point of VAR ??  In that instance the "foul" was missed by the ref, seen by VAR & the ref (after viewing the footage) gave the player a red card. 
  • edited May 2021
    Just seen the Vestergaard red.

Utterly ridiculous.
  • Macronate said:
    Just seen the Bednarek red.

Utterly ridiculous.
    Ridiculous as it was Vestergaard
  • Ross said:
    Macronate said:
    Just seen the Bednarek red.

Utterly ridiculous.
    Ridiculous as it was Vestergaard
    That’s what I said 😏
  • Typical of Palace to get Man City at a time when they’re resting players for the Champions League. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Aguero is just pure quality.
  • Haha!
    0-1 Aguero.
    0-2 Torres. 2 minutes apart. 😎
  • Flipping over to MW on the way down the M20 for football...  finding it was from Shitehouse Park. 0-0 at H/T, sick feeling in my stomach.

ZIPPERDEE DOODAH ZIPPERDEE EH...

9 goals went past Perry...
  • Typical of Palace to get Man City at a time when they’re resting players for the Champions League. 
    Man City's 2nd XI would probably finish top 6.

There's been some superb teams over the years but i think City have the best squad we've ever seen in English football. 
  • Man United fan protest at 2pm today.
    Loads of them have got into the stadium and are on the pitch ahead of the game vs Liverpool.
  • Good for them. 
  • kick off delayed
  • Considering Man United vs Liverpool is regularly watched by hundreds of millions worldwide, IF the game is called off that’s a big deal. No doubt the league will be desperate to get the game on, hence just “delayed” for now. 
    A massive message to the owners. 
  • edited May 2021
    If Manchester United get fined then the owners will just add it to the debt.
  • Sponsored links:

• This is the hardcore United fans from Manchester mainly.

The Glazers are the ultimate American owners who saw a cash cow and couldn't believe their luck when they took over the most famous football club worldwide and put the debt on to the club.

Power struggle which will get worldwide coverage.

European Super League and no consequences. Might be fine with the southern softies like Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs, but direct action from the northern mobs will see this story running and running.
  • edited May 2021
    This is the hardcore United fans from Manchester mainly.

The Glazers are the ultimate American owners who saw a cash cow and couldn't believe their luck when they took over the most famous football club worldwide and put the debt on to the club.

European Super League and no consequences. Might be fine with the southern softies like Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs, but direct action from the northern mobs will see this story running and running.
    Plus maybe-having  the best manager of all time in Sir Alex who guarantee success even without having too invest heavily. A mate of mine goes to a lot of United games and he reckons that Old Trafford need so much upgrades to make it a world class stadium again 
  • G.Nev absolutely going in on Souness. I hate that I'm starting to love this bloke.
  • Souness’ comments were pretty poor
  • This is the hardcore United fans from Manchester mainly.

Chelsea and Spurs southern softies? 
  • se9addick said:
    Souness’ comments were pretty poor
    What did he say?
  • Croydon said:
    se9addick said:
    Souness’ comments were pretty poor
    What did he say?
    Basically along the lines of why are they protesting when the Glazers spend money and United have one of the highest net spends. Seemingly forgetting the fact they haven't put a penny of their own money in and they could've probably spent 500m more on the team over the past few years if they weren't servicing a huge debt and taking dividends. Clueless prick.
  • Some hilarious hand-wringing on Five Live; they wouldn’t be spending an hour discussing how bad the wretched Glazers are if the fans hadn’t broken into the ground and delayed kick-off. Protest works.

(Always makes me giggle when United fans get all sanctimonious about modern football but never mind…)
  • With their size and income, United should be in the hunt for the worlds best players every summer and going to the CL semi's (at least) almost every season.

They haven't won our league for 8 years now and are in the Europa, and that is largely down to the Glazers burning money servicing a debt when they should be spending on the team.