Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 2020/21

Comments

• Options
    Lovely finish from Reguilon... Great way to score his first goal for Aston Villa... Oh!!

Worth the £60 ticket just to see that stunner.
  • Options
    I don’t think any human loves another as deeply as Chris Coleman loves Gareth Bale
  • Options
    I know it’s Palace (spit) but Eze potentially out for 8 months after a serious injury in training is horrible. What an incredible talent. Impressive every time I’ve seen him.
    That’s a huge loss to them. 
  • Options
    I know it’s Palace (spit) but Eze potentially out for 8 months after a serious injury in training is horrible. What an incredible talent. Impressive every time I’ve seen him.
    That’s a huge loss to them. 
    I'm sorry for the player, but hope Palace struggle without him...
  • Options
    Love it.

First time in a year that Spurs fans are allowed back into their stadium & they boo off the players at full time....😂😂😂
    and at half time and at various points in the second half tooZ

Quite possibly the most rank home performance we've wtinessed in years.
  • Options
    Booing at Burnley when the players took the knee. 
  • Options
    Lovely finish from Reguilon... Great way to score his first goal for Aston Villa... Oh!!

Worth the £60 ticket just to see that stunner.
    They should move him up front once Kane goes with a finish like that.
  • Options
    Love it.

First time in a year that Spurs fans are allowed back into their stadium & they boo off the players at full time....😂😂😂
    Didn’t we do the same thing?
  • Options
    Lol Zaha diving at one end for a pen doesnt get it, ball goes up the other end and arsenal score
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Arsenal now only 1 point behind Spurs and Everton
  • Options
    I almost admire how Levy is basically trolling his own supporters now!
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Love it.

and at half time and at various points in the second half tooZ

Quite possibly the most rank home performance we've wtinessed in years.
    Yeah, must be so sad to only be competing for a European place & having the Leagues top goalscorer in your team. 

How about swapping places with us for a season......I'm sure you'll enjoy it a lot better....!!
  • Options
    So all the Anti Levy/ENIC banners were out of sight of the cameras.

Apparently the end of season lap of 'honour' was abandonned and the stewards were pushing people towardss the exits.  Shameful.  Proper toxic atmosphere 2nd half apparently.  '£60...you're having a laugh', etc etc.
  • Options
    Most home teams benefited from the return of fans this week. In this case the hostile atmosphere would have helped Villa, maybe Leicester should offer to swap grounds for the game on Sunday!
  • Options
    4 away wins out of 6 PL games tonight. Not good return to ground for home fans. 
  • Options

Also posted this in the Hodgson thread, but I think it belongs here too:
    Hope Liverpool give him a 'nice' send off at the weekend. 10 goals would be a good start 😉

I disagree. For me, this weekend is a rare occasion of wanting Palace to win a game.
    1) Makes pretty much zero difference to their season.
    2) Gives Hodgson a deserved send off.
    3) Potentially fucks Liverpool.

(To be fair, number 3 is the main reason) 😀

• Options
    Quite remarkable how in a season where Spurs were top in December and Arsenal have been absolutely awful and slumming it in mid-table for months, that we could end up with Arsenal finishing above them.

Leicester v Spurs
    Man city v Everton
    Arsenal v Brighton

A win for Arsenal and Spurs/Everton both failing to win will see Arsenal finish 7th and qualify for the new Europa conference league. Personally though looking at the other clubs who are in it, if i was a fan of any of those clubs i think i'd rather not qualify.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’d have preferred Spurs to nick West Ham’s Europa spot but if it fucks them both up next season let’s hope they both get in it 
  • Options
    Chelsea will do well to beat Villa especially with the Champions League final upcoming. You have to assume Liverpool will beat Palace so i like Leicester to get back 4th place by beating Spurs.
  • Options
    looks as though Leicester will miss out on the Euro League .. might be fairer if the Cup winners had a place in the four rather than the fourth placed club, although that is probably against UEFA rules
  • Options
    looks as though Leicester will miss out on the Euro League .. might be fairer if the Cup winners had a place in the four rather than the fourth placed club, although that is probably against UEFA rules
    I wonder if the Champions League places are up to the individual FA's

Seem to remember Peter Varney being an advocate for the FA Cup winners getting into the Champions League but didnt get enough interest - Even a Play-Off between FA Cup winner and 4th would make things interesting
  • Options
    If Trevor Kettle was a Premier Ref( that must be worth a LOL) 3 palace players would have seen Red against the Arsenal.
  • Options

Seem to remember Peter Varney being an advocate for the FA Cup winners getting into the Champions League but didnt get enough interest - Even a Play-Off between FA Cup winner and 4th would make things interesting
    I've always wanted the 4th place to go to the FA Cup winners as well, as teams should be rewarded more for winning things, not for being the 4th best team in the league
    True but you could argue that in doing it by league placings you're rewarding a team for consistency over a 38 game season rather than one who might just get a favourable draw for 2-3 games.
  • Options
    Imagine Wigan trying to fit Champions League games around the 13-14 Championship season.
  • Options

I've always wanted the 4th place to go to the FA Cup winners as well, as teams should be rewarded more for winning things, not for being the 4th best team in the league
    True but you could argue that in doing it by league placings you're rewarding a team for consistency over a 38 game season rather than one who might just get a favourable draw for 2-3 games.
    That element of luck makes it more interesting. Indeed that's a major difference between the FA Cup and over competitions, the complete lack of seeding, other than when you enter the competition.

And smaller teams often end up sneaking into the semis and final because so many teams don't take it seriously. So many PL teams are just preoccupied with PL survival
  • Options

That element of luck makes it more interesting. Indeed that's a major difference between the FA Cup and over competitions, the complete lack of seeding, other than when you enter the competition.

And smaller teams often end up sneaking into the semis and final because so many teams don't take it seriously. So many PL teams are just preoccupied with PL survival
    Only 3 PL clubs will end the season having lost more games than they didn’t lose (win or draw) and that’s the 3 teams that are relegated. Not losing has probably never been so important since the points for a win was increased from 2 to 3