Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 2020/21

Comments

• Options
    I look and I’d prefer Liverpool to pip Chelsea and want Leicester to be one of the 4
    prefer everyone over West Ham for Europa 
  • Options
    Is this season a sign of things to come for Liverpool or just a blip? I feel it might be the former. 
    A blip for sure (and even now they might still get top 4).

Next season they will have Van Dijk and Gomez back. Henderson has missed half of this season, Oxlade-Chamberlain missed at least 5-6 months, Jota was out for 3 months. Plus of course they'll make some new signings.
    Probably right, but this set of players only have a year or two left - a lot of them are 29, 30.
  • Options
    Given the choice, I don’t really care which of Liverpool or Chelsea misses out, as long as one of them does.
    Todays result was a real kick in the teeth, because I fear it’s going to be Leicester that ends up in 5th.

• Options
    If i was a supporter of the team in 7th (currently Spurs), i think i'd rather see my team finish 8th than face the embarrassment of having to play in the Europa Conference league.

@JohnBoyUK what are your thoughts?

Obviously now West Ham have messed up though, Spurs will probably qualify for the Europa anyway.
    Agreed.  Absolute waste of time.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    He's no Jimmy Glass though!
  • Options
    Just saw this: 

Jermain Defoe today became the 87th player to have gone on to win a trophy after leaving Tottenham in the time since Tottenham last won a trophy

This can't be true can it? Spurs are a Super League club after all
    Erm... is there a legitimate source for this?
    (Or did you take it from a Gooner supporters twitter account, the only place I can find it online?)

Would be interested to see it, would make a brilliant trivia question.

As a matter of interest, I can count 21 (if you're including Play Off Trophies and Ollie Skipp's title win at Norwich this season!)

4 of them went on to win La Liga in Spain.  2 are obvious ones, 2 not so.
  • Options
    I've counted 24 (25 if Trippier wins La Liga). 5 of them won leagues this season.

But yeah it's absolutely nowhere near 87.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    other than long kicks from their own half, when was the last time a keeper came up for a corner to score a 'proper' goal .. Jimmy Glass ? (I am sure the wise on here can quote lots and lots of instances) ((:>}
  • Options
    other than long kicks from their own half, when was the last time a keeper came up for a corner to score a 'proper' goal .. Jimmy Glass ? (I am sure the wise on here can quote lots and lots of instances) ((:>}
    In English football? I remember Paul Robinson doing it in the Carling Cup (I think). Schmeichel P got one for Villa (and K got one for Leicester against Yeovil I think!), there are a few others
  • Options
    Brad Friedal
  • Options
    Allison became the 6th keeper to score in the Premier League
  • Options
    Brad Friedal
    Oh duh
  • Options
    I've counted 24 (25 if Trippier wins La Liga). 5 of them won leagues this season.

But yeah it's absolutely nowhere near 87.
    Scotland disnae count.
    Would be interesting to know how may have won a major trophy in England  (or alternatively any of the big 5 European leagues).
    Could compare with Charlton as a kind of benchmark.
  • Options
    Allison became the 6th keeper to score in the Premier League
    Robinson
    Schmicheal
    Friedal
    Begovic
    ?
    Allison

Who have i missed?
  • Options
    Tim Howard
  • Options
    Of those, only Schmeichel P, Friedel and Alisson did so deliberately from an attacking position
  • Options
    (and even more weirdly, given a keeper scoring is almost always to secure a draw, NONE of the games in which keepers scored deliberately ended up drawn!)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I keep on about this bloke .. Jimmy Glass scored THE goal in 1999 that kept Carlisle in the EFL .. nowhere near the Premier League of course 
    Jimmy Glass - Wikipedia .. ((:>)
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    (and even more weirdly, given a keeper scoring is almost always to secure a draw, NONE of the games in which keepers scored deliberately ended up drawn!)
    The long range accident type I can understand, Allison getting a winner, and obviously the Freidel/Jensen game for us, but I've looked up Schmeichel and he came up when 3-1 down, why bother?

Is 3-2 against 3-1 really that much different, and risking letting another one in for?!
  • Options
    Woy off at end of the season!

Pardew
    Pardew
    Pardew
    Pardew.........
  • Options
    Dowie, surely. Club legend
  • Options
    Lampard will get the gig.
  • Options
    Unbelievable finish from Cavani
  • Options
    Wtf is Wan-Bissaka wearing gloves for?! It's the middle of May!
  • Options
    Wtf is Wan-Bissaka wearing gloves for?! It's the middle of May!
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2VySW-WtLWY