Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 2020/21

Comments

• Options
    Good game this 
  • Options
    Firming scored his first goal in the 48th minute and his second goal in the 47th minute.
  • Options
    Lovely finish from Rashford
  • Options
    Great ball by Cavani 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Great ball by Cavani 
    Have United given him another contract yet?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Lovely finish from Rashford
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Great ball by Cavani 
    Both true, but until that goal, Man U had been absolutely atrocious this half.
  • Options
    But they both have two games to play. 
    Yes i know but my assumption is that Liverpool will win all of their (fairly easy on paper) remaining games and end on 69 points with a decent goal difference, therefore meaning that the loser of Chelsea v Leicester will be overtaken by Liverpool.

If it's a draw then that will be a great result for Leicester and will mean Chelsea finish 5th if Liverpool win all their games.

Of course Chelsea can win the CL and then we'll have 5 teams in it next season.
  • Options
    Roy Keane was spot on last night. This week has shown just how far United are behind City in terms of squad strength. Players like Bailly, Lindelof, Fred and McTominay are nowhere near good enough.

Henderson looked really shaky in goal as well, fumbling a shot for one goal and what on earth was that positioning for Salah's goal? Terrible positional awareness.

Think United need at least 3 top class signings for next season, a centre back, Declan Rice and Sancho would give them a stronger chance next season.
  • Options
    But they both have two games to play. 
    Yes i know but my assumption is that Liverpool will win all of their (fairly easy on paper) remaining games and end on 69 points with a decent goal difference, therefore meaning that the loser of Chelsea v Leicester will be overtaken by Liverpool.

If it's a draw then that will be a great result for Leicester and will mean Chelsea finish 5th if Liverpool win all their games.

Of course Chelsea can win the CL and then we'll have 5 teams in it next season.
    If Chelsea win their final game at Villa and Leicester lose to Spurs they can still catch Leicester

Leicester are in the situation where they have 2 "history defining" games against Chelsea in 4 days. Win both and they'll have an FA Cup and Champions League qualification! Lose both and they'll have probably just have a 5th place finish...
  • Options
    What a dismal effort by the bottom 3 this season

Never mind the magic 40 points (subsequently reduced to 38), Fulham and West Brom are struggling to reach 30 points and Sheffield United 20!
    No fans inside the grounds has defo played against the bottom sides this season. 

Agree.
    Sheffield United and West Brom 100% have missed their 12th Man, Fulham to a lesser extent as when on the numerous occasions they beat Cafc at the Cottage, we made all the noise but Fulham still won because they had the better players and the crowd wasn't a factor.

Fulham played Arsenal (BT) in their first home game of the season and the Gooners ran out 3-0 winners and it was like a pre season friendly.  Fulham played their pretty football but hardly made a tackle and the writing was on the wall from day 1. They did improve but not enough. 

Sheffield United massively over achieved in their first season and Jack O'Connell injury and Brewster not turning his prolific form from academy football into the premier, made the second season a nightmare.
    which was compounded by the lack of adrenaline given by the Blades crowd.

West Brom, like Norwich are a Yo-Yo club but with no bong bong baggies, they were gone gone even before Big Sam came along; his no relegation record went for a song, and I ain't wrong.

The elite Premier League is a tough member's club to break into but even harder to stay in.

Good luck Norwich, Watford and one other,
    against the USA asset strippers, oil money and Putin's bitch because you are climbing a mountain in flip flops.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2021
    If Man United are "no where good enough" and they are going to finish Second in the Premiership what does that say about the rest of the League ?

Man United have had a fantastic season, and playing every two or 3 days is crazy. The two home losses were caused by fixture pile up.

Liverpool to find a second wind and win their last 4 games was always a possibility going back a few weeks and ironic that some United fans have helped that cause.  Leicester need to not lose against Chelsea and get something from the Spurs game.

A bizarre season will go to the wire and we must hope that one non Euro Super Leaguer gets a top 4 finish.

And Leicester....
  • Options
    I think two points might be enough for Leicester. Would mean Chelsea would have to win against Villa, and Liverpool win all 3, that's not easy. Be interesting if they lose to Chelsea to be honest, would be a really exciting final day. 
  • Options
    Roy Keane was spot on last night. This week has shown just how far United are behind City in terms of squad strength. Players like Bailly, Lindelof, Fred and McTominay are nowhere near good enough.

Henderson looked really shaky in goal as well, fumbling a shot for one goal and what on earth was that positioning for Salah's goal? Terrible positional awareness.

Think United need at least 3 top class signings for next season, a centre back, Declan Rice and Sancho would give them a stronger chance next season.
    At least I'm not the only one who thought Henderson was dodgy on the two goals you mentioned, he made it so easy for Salah for the 4th it was embarrassing 
  • Options
    Scott Carson plays in goal for Man City tonight  :D
  • Options
    Was he player of the year in our relegation season 14 years ago ? 
  • Options
    Was he player of the year in our relegation season 14 years ago ? 
    Yes 1st loan player to win it. 
  • Options
    2-2 at half time, so no clean sheet on his return
  • Options
    I think that's probably the best goal I've ever seen
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    I think that's probably the best goal I've ever seen
    Got to be up there, outrageous flick. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Unlucky from Carson
  • Options
    Unlucky from Carson
    Awful penalty, and I'm not quite sure Carson managed to save it and rebound it to that area. 

Some game this!
  • Options
    Lovely finish for Man City's fourth!!
  • Options
    Garcia and Ake were in the City defence that lost 5-2 to Leicester earlier in the season. Good game to back goals in ;-)
  • Options
    West Ham's chanced of CL qualification pretty much gone (they need to win both of remaining games and hope Chelsea lose both of theirs and Liverpool get less than 5 points from 3 games). Even their chances of Europa cup football are looking incredibly slim.

Shame

Lol
  • Options
    West Ham's chanced of CL qualification pretty much gone (they need to win both of remaining games and hope Chelsea lose both of theirs and Liverpool get less than 5 points from 3 games). Even their chances of Europa cup football are looking incredibly slim.

Shame

Lol
    Don't think that you are right there about the Europa Cup. With City winning the League Cup and Leicester the FA Cup, qualification should go down to 7th.
    Not slim, but I hope that they finish 8th.
  • Options

Shame

Lol
    Don't think that you are right there about the Europa Cup. With City winning the League Cup and Leicester the FA Cup, qualification should go down to 7th.
    You've also got the Europa Conference League next season.

Current European Qualification...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020–21_Premier_League#League_table
  • Options

Shame

Lol

Oh my god, the dilution of European football competitions is getting ridiculous. 
  • Options

Shame

Lol

Oh my god, the dilution of European football competitions is getting ridiculous. 
    It really is when you consider they got rid of the Cup Winners Cup for absolutely no reason now