Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 2020/21

Comments

• Options
    How long before League One sides qualify for Europe? 
  • Options
    West Ham's chanced of CL qualification pretty much gone (they need to win both of remaining games and hope Chelsea lose both of theirs and Liverpool get less than 5 points from 3 games). Even their chances of Europa cup football are looking incredibly slim.

Shame

Lol
    Don't think that you are right there about the Europa Cup. With City winning the League Cup and Leicester the FA Cup, qualification should go down to 7th.
    Not slim, but I hope that they finish 8th.
    You've also got the Europa Conference League next season.

Current European Qualification...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020–21_Premier_League#League_table
    Oh my god, the dilution of European football competitions is getting ridiculous. 
    Bring back the Anglo Italian cup!
  • Options
    The Conference League has basically just cut the Europa League in half.
    Much smaller format for the Europa now, with only teams from the top 16 nations automatically qualifying for it. The smaller nations will go into the Conference League instead. (With the only exceptions being the Champions of the smaller nations which fail to qualify for the Champions League, who will drop to Europa).
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    If i was a supporter of the team in 7th (currently Spurs), i think i'd rather see my team finish 8th than face the embarrassment of having to play in the Europa Conference league.

@JohnBoyUK what are your thoughts?

Obviously now West Ham have messed up though, Spurs will probably qualify for the Europa anyway.
  • Options
    Jack Butland in goal for Palace today, I had no idea he'd joined them!

Weird how he and Hart declined so quickly, Butland is still only 28, and played for England as recently as 2018 yet is miles away from a call up now
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    I didn't even realize Jack Butland was at Palace !
    To go from getting the England Jersey at 22 to being a number 2 at 28 shows the pressure keepers are under. The last few years he has struggled since his mediocre form at Stoke in the Championship.

Jack played at every England level from Schoolboy upwards until his 9 England caps.

The polar opposite to Nick Pope who had a major flaw in his game with the hard low shot at his body at the beginning of his league career at Cafc. This has been rectified and now the only reason Pope won't be number one is if Southgate wants the better footwork of Pickford and kicking over the superior handling skills of Nick.

Henderson was excellent at Sheffield last season but is still to find his best form at Man United.

• Options
    Butland however will likely still maintain a premier league for a few years yet, simply because of the homegrown ruling, in the same way as the likes of Rob Green and Scott Carson did.

The fact that he was rubbish at Stoke for at least 18 months and then went up a division is perfect evidence of this. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ex England keepers being Number 2 in the premier is common place now. I was just surprised how Jack Butland lost his form after getting his England caps in his low and mid 20's. Hart and Green were older before they started sitting on the bench.

• Options
    Ex England keepers being Number 2 in the premier is common place now. I was just surprised how Jack Butland lost his form after getting his England caps in his low and mid 20's. Hart and Green were older before they started sitting on the bench.

Butland is a bit young to have that position though, at 28 he should be at his prime
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Alisson scores the winner in the 94th minute for Liverpool

Lovely header but completely unmarked!!
  • Options
    Oh fuck off liverpool
  • Options
    A great header
  • Options

To be fair he's a spare player I guess, you'd have to leave someone else to mark him.
  • Options
    A great header
    Yes, but still, I refer you to my post above.
    Dear Lord I note your eloquently set out opinion, but would suggest that ‘fuck off Chelsea’ is a more valid sentiment 
  • Options

To be fair he's a spare player I guess, you'd have to leave someone else to mark him.
    Liverpool still had a spare player back and everybody in the box for West Brom. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is this season a sign of things to come for Liverpool or just a blip? I feel it might be the former. 
  • Options
    A great header
    Dear Lord I note your eloquently set out opinion, but would suggest that ‘fuck off Chelsea’ is a more valid sentiment 
    Can we just agree that they should both fuck off?
    😎
  • Options
    A great header
    Can we just agree that they should both fuck off?
    😎
    I’m in a minority on here and atm I quite like Liverpool largely because I really like Klopp so I will politely have to turn down your suggested agreement. I will feel conflicted if it costs Leicester rather than Chelsea a top 4 finish.
  • Options
    Is this season a sign of things to come for Liverpool or just a blip? I feel it might be the former. 
    A blip for sure (and even now they might still get top 4).

Next season they will have Van Dijk and Gomez back. Henderson has missed half of this season, Oxlade-Chamberlain missed at least 5-6 months, Jota was out for 3 months. Plus of course they'll make some new signings.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    A blip for sure (and even now they might still get top 4).

Next season they will have Van Dijk and Gomez back. Henderson has missed half of this season, Oxlade-Chamberlain missed at least 5-6 months, Jota was out for 3 months. Plus of course they'll make some new signings.
    If Man U had missed just 2 key players for half the season (Maguire and Fernandes) they’d be fighting Leeds for 10th
  • Options
    Can I apologise for saying Liverpool would win their last 4 games and edge Leicester for the last Champion League place. 
    I'm still certain Chelsea will beat Leicester on Tuesday as Leicester will be spent.

Ok, it gave me my 10th successful treble of the season on beat the bookies as I had Southampton, Spurs and liverpool ( should finish 7th or 8th) this weekend, but that is ridiculous.  

I may be in the minority on CL but it's Chelsea I want to miss out because of a deep seated hatred of their fans, ken Bates and Putin's bitch.

Come on Leicester only Chelsea and Spurs.
    Amazing how well they have done since losing Barnes who was a powerhouse player.
  • Options
    Yeah i think Chelsea will beat Leicester. Yesterday must've taken so much out of them and they don't have the squad to rotate. Chelsea can bring in the likes of Mendy, Havertz, Zouma, Chilwell, Pulisic who had little or no involvement yesterday. Leicester have to pretty much go with the same XI aside from Evans who got injured.
  • Options
    Sheffield United give a full debut to a 17 year old striker and within 8 minutes he's scored more goals than Brewster this season.
  • Options
    I'm not sure Leicester will be spent, as they'll be full of confidence and knowing that the pressure is really on Chelsea now. 
  • Options
    Yeah, happy with this if Leicester finish the job