Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 2020/21

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2021
    Sod my Crystal ball that showed Liverpool's sprint to the line and mugging 4th spot, 5 weeks ago. So pleased Leicester won the Cup as after Barnes got injured just after James Justine and with Evans getting more strains and Vardy not quite as goal scoring sharp in the last dozen games I'm amazed they still have a chance going into the last match. Iheanacho's goals kept them in it.

If one of Chelsea or Liverpool get in the Champions League then Liverpool for me even though Scousers are a strange lot. TAA, Henderson, Gomez, Robertson and Van DijK are favourite players so anyone but Chelsea.

Typical Spursy if after being poor against Villa they beat Leicester in Harry's swansong. 
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-57182793

Striker Ashley Barnes was arrested on suspicion of drink driving hours after Burnley FC secured their top flight status.
    The 31-year-old was pulled over at 03:00 BST on 11 May on Balmoral Way, Wilmslow, while driving a black Mercedes V Class, police said.
    He has since been charged with the offence and is set to appear before magistrates in Stockport on 14 June.
  • Options

Striker Ashley Barnes was arrested on suspicion of drink driving hours after Burnley FC secured their top flight status.
    The 31-year-old was pulled over at 03:00 BST on 11 May on Balmoral Way, Wilmslow, while driving a black Mercedes V Class, police said.
    He has since been charged with the offence and is set to appear before magistrates in Stockport on 14 June.
    V Class?  Was he moonlighting as a mini cab driver?
  • Options
    Wes Morgan is retiring at the end of the season

Not a bad career for him, Premier League and FA Cup titles with Leicester
    What a way to go out.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

V Class?  Was he moonlighting as a mini cab driver?
    I thought that as well. Or rather an executive airport shuttle driver!
  • Options
    looks as though Leicester will miss out on the Euro League .. might be fairer if the Cup winners had a place in the four rather than the fourth placed club, although that is probably against UEFA rules
    I wonder if the Champions League places are up to the individual FA's

Seem to remember Peter Varney being an advocate for the FA Cup winners getting into the Champions League but didnt get enough interest - Even a Play-Off between FA Cup winner and 4th would make things interesting
    I've always wanted the 4th place to go to the FA Cup winners as well, as teams should be rewarded more for winning things, not for being the 4th best team in the league
    Fourth place to the FA Cup Winners - wow, now that's radical, I love that. Wigan would never have gone down , for a start.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Wes Morgan is retiring at the end of the season

Not a bad career for him, Premier League and FA Cup titles with Leicester
    What a way to go out.
    Indeed. VAR stopped possibly a much sadder ending!
  • Options
    Only noticed the other week that palace homesdale stand has the seats spell out EAGLES and afterwards they put an exclamation mark after it. Such a Nigel thing to do. 
  • Options
    Joe Willock scores for the seventh game on the trot for Newcastle

Last player to do that for them was Alan Shearer
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hopefully finishes like this
  • Options
    Have to wonder if Spurs will see it to their advantage (somehow) if they try to ensure that Leicester get top four over Chelsea or Liverpool
  • Options
    Liverpool 1-0 Crystal Pal-arse
  • Options
    Amusing though it is to see Spurs imploding, sadly it's WHU that benefit. Hopefully a Europa League place has a disastrous impact on their domestic form and they are right down there in the mix.
  • Options
    Good drama but a shame it’s to see “who gets top four” and not title/relegation deciders.
  • Options
    Have to wonder if Spurs will see it to their advantage (somehow) if they try to ensure that Leicester get top four over Chelsea or Liverpool
    Kane doesn't think  so.....
  • Options
    Spurs equalise. 
  • Options
    That's a crazy good finish from Kane
  • Options
    Forgot about Kane wanting the Golden Boot...
  • Options
    Fcuking Spurs helping Chelsea get CL ffs pricks
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chelsea losing 1-0.
  • Options
    Chelsea losing, come on Leicester
  • Options
    How the f**k are Liverpool gonna finish third as things stand???
  • Options
    Leicester still need to win. Or hope Villa win by three.
  • Options
    Leicester still need to win. Or hope Villa win by three.
    Wait and see if Salah can score for Liverpool and so tie with Kane for the G.Boot

If they dont then Lloris can accidentally score an own goal by forgetting which way he's shooting
  • Options
    Arsenal now above Spurs so will be in the Europa Conference League next year as things stand.
  • Options
    arsenal fans protesting as i said to an arsenal supporting mate earlier if you were top 4 every season you wouldnt be complaining - its because others have grown to be stronger and they dont like it 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    LEICESTER PENALTY!!!... 2-1 :)
  • Options
    Ha ha Ha never a penalty