Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 2020/21

Comments

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    After going 3 years undefeated at Anfield they have now lost 4 on the trot at home. 
    Havent won at home this year have they?

What were people's thoughts on the penalty, might have been Carragher's bias but cant make up my mind whether it should have been given or not - Its not like TAA could have disappeared out of the way but then he looks to make movement with his leg after sliding that trips Calvert-Lewin
    Thought it was fair enough, TAA comes sliding in gets nowhere near the ball and impedes the path of Calvert-Lewin who's trying to get to the ball, not a lot he could've done to get out the way but he put himself in that position to begin with
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    After going 3 years undefeated at Anfield they have now lost 4 on the trot at home. 

What were people's thoughts on the penalty, might have been Carragher's bias but cant make up my mind whether it should have been given or not - Its not like TAA could have disappeared out of the way but then he looks to make movement with his leg after sliding that trips Calvert-Lewin
    Not a penalty for me. I don't see how TAA could avoid colliding with Calvert-Lewin 
    Assumed the ref would come back from the screen ruling the penalty out. Dont see what Trent can do there. DCL's leg hit the back of Trents head while Trent was facing away from DCL.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Not a penalty for me. I don't see how TAA could avoid colliding with Calvert-Lewin 
    Assumed the ref would come back from the screen ruling the penalty out. Dont see what Trent can do there. DCL's leg hit the back of Trents head while Trent was facing away from DCL.

Calvert Lewin was prevented from having a second shot at goal by the contact and that contact was not a fair tackle, regardless of intent or ability to avoid it.
    TAA could’ve been lying there having a kip brought on by narcolepsy and if Calvert Lewin had tripped over him. It’d still be a foul even if there’s nothing TAA could do about it.

Complaining about this penalty is just the latest layer of whinging when things don’t go Liverpool’s way. It’s about time people stopped making excuses for them.
  • Options
    Fulham are a funny team. They've been excellent whenever I've watched their games this season 
  • Options
    Got to feel for Sheff U, clear cut penalty near the end.
  • Options
    Bottom 3 were easily down only a month ago. Great turnaround with a few other teams now pulled in to a relegation fight.  
  • Options
    Fulham look a much better team than Newcastle.

• Options
    philcafc said:
    No way. Great save
  • Options
    Sorry, but he kicked the guy with his other leg. Definite pen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Really strange decision by Tuchel to sub Hudson-Odoi after bringing him on at half-time. I saw most of the second half and thought he was doing well tbh and far from having a mare that normally sees a sub subbed. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    philcafc said:
    No way. Great save
    Penalty for me. 

If a midfielder did that in centre circle would be a foul. 
  • Options
    Palace with Brighton and Fulham up next.  After that their run in is 9 or the top 10 and 3 of the bottom 10.  Let's hope Brighton and Fulham can turn them over!  I am sure they will be safe and have enough attacking threat to survive but now would be a handy time for Zaha to pick up a niggle!
  • Options
    West Ham 1-0 up v Spurs as they lay down the gauntlet to Man City 
    I mean Champions League got the Olympic stadium ponces ffs 

• Options
    Spurs really are dreadful.  I'd also add that Mourinho is nowhere near the coach he once was. 

Will be gone by the end of the season, if not sooner!
  • Options
    Spurs forced into playing attacking football at 2-0 down and look soooo much better. All those attacking options and they sit back on Sanchez and Dier. Jose really his own worst enemy.
  • Options
    Guess David Moyes wasnt the joke / rubbish Manager that everyone claimed...
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    I for one would have been at the head of those proclaiming him as such!
  • Options
    Spurs forced into playing attacking football at 2-0 down and look soooo much better. All those attacking options and they sit back on Sanchez and Dier. Jose really his own worst enemy.
    Exactly this.  Mourinho is such a negative manager, but spurs have some great attacking players.  When they started to attack, they were a much better side
  • Options
    I for one would have been at the head of those proclaiming him as such!
    Yeah I wasn’t a fan but he’s doing a very good job. 2/3 very shrewd signings in the summer and they’ve pushed on. Doing it without a proper striker aswell making it even more impressive. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's rediscovered his form as a Manager from his Everton days - Cant blame people for writing him off as its not like it was just at Man Utd or Real Sociedad so wasn't restricted to being one of those who couldn't hack it at a big job
  • Options
    Dawson, Soucek and Coufal have all been brilliant signings. Rice looks superb this season and thoroughly deserves to be in the England squad despite what some on here say. They have a strong, powerful team that make use of set pieces. 
  • Options
    Dawson, Soucek and Coufal have all been brilliant signings. Rice looks superb this season and thoroughly deserves to be in the England squad despite what some on here say. They have a strong, powerful team that make use of set pieces. 
    Apparently Coufal was a good old fashioned "have you got any mates who can play right back?" type signing, Soucek told West Ham he was quality.

Only £5.5m too.
  • Options
    Also I don't mind Rice being in the England squad, it's more Southgate playing him alongside Dier, Mount, Henderson etc, rather than only one or two of them.
  • Options
    As I said back at the end of the summer transfer window, our failure to bring in at least one experienced centre back, if not two would cost us and so it is turning out.  Thats not down to Mourinho, thats down to Levy and Hitchen.

5 PL defeats in 6.  Relegation form.  Was unlucky to come away from the game today without nothing but thats the way it goes when time after time, individual defensive mistakes cost goals.

Only bright spark for us was Bale today, made a huge difference when he came on.
  • Options
    WTF does that Man City top look like. Never noticed it before, it’s hideous 
  • Options
    WTF does that Man City top look like. Never noticed it before, it’s hideous 

• Options
    Well that took Man City long!!
  • Options
    Man City 1 up already. Sterling beats the Arenal defence in the air to head home. Arteta will be well pleased with that!