Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 2020/21

Comments

• Options
    He's rediscovered his form as a Manager from his Everton days - Cant blame people for writing him off as its not like it was just at Man Utd or Real Sociedad so wasn't restricted to being one of those who couldn't hack it at a big job
    Think he should of been given more time at utd. Sociedad i have no idea bit not speaing the language doesn’t help. Sunderland were in the free fall whoever was in charge. 
  • Options
    After starting off looking like it could be a goalfest, this Arse v Man City has been pretty tedious.
  • Options
    You cheat Tierney!
  • Options
    You cheat Tierney!
    I keep nodding off now. What did he do?
  • Options
    You cheat Tierney!
    He did the usual clutching his face and lay on the ground, as if he'd been hit by Tyson Fury to try and get Cancello sent off, when there was no contact to his face whatsoever.
  • Options
    Man City’s away kit is historically terrible 
  • Options
    Ball has been in play for all of 40seconds of the 4minutes of stoppage time. Bets on the whistle being blown on 94:00?
  • Options
    Total goal attempts for the 2 PL games between Brighton & Crystal Palace this season:

Brighton 45 shots (8 on target) - 1 point
    Crystal Palace 4 shots (3 on target) - 4 points

• Options
    Total goal attempts for the 2 PL games between Brighton & Crystal Palace this season:

Brighton 45 shots (8 on target) - 1 point
    Crystal Palace 4 shots (3 on target) - 4 points
    Brighton seem to have play good football but just can’t score enough goals from the chances they have. Once again a piss poor Palace team will stay up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As Cahill said Palace defend as a team.
    Even Charlton's defence rarely defend, let alone as a team.
    Well not since Brentford & Forest at home last season.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Could get interesting if they can win their next three games, Burnley (A), Sheffield Utd (H) and Palace (A).

True, but winning 4 in a row is tough when you've only won 2 all season (prior to Everton)
    Fulham have only lost 3 of their last 12 games and are 7 points behind Newcastle with a game in hand. Newcastle have picked up 8 points from their last 13 matches so Fulham could close that gap over the course of the final 15 matches if they start to convert all those draws into wins.
    The gap is down to just 3 points now and Fulham have the better goal difference too. 8 points from 42 suggests that Newcastle are the ones in deep, deep trouble.
  • Options
    City's kit designers: 

“Manchester’s music scene has always been an influence on other bands worldwide.

“The Man City 20-21 third kit takes inspiration from the Paisley floral pattern which was intrinsically associated to the Britpop music scene of the 1960s and 1990s.”

Liam Gallagher:

“Whoever is responsible for that new Man City kit needs putting on the nxt flight to WUHAN and who ever buys it needs to be on the 1 after c’mon you should fucking know LG x”

• Options
    West Ham are doing damned well this season

Havent once looked out of it this afternoon and fully deserve their equaliser - Must have been their League Cup win in the second round that has juvinated their season 
  • Options
    West Ham are doing damned well this season

Havent once looked out of it this afternoon and fully deserve their equaliser - Must have been their League Cup win in the second round that has juvinated their season 
    I always knew Moyes would be a great success and take them to The Champions League.

Ok I'm lying.
  • Options
    City lose a lot of their pressing intensity without one of Foden or Sterling on the pitch.

West Ham look fantastic though. Could very well make top 4 if injuries are kind and they keep performing.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Laddick01 said:
    City lose a lot of their pressing intensity without one of Foden or Sterling on the pitch.

West Ham look fantastic though. Could very well make top 4 if injuries are kind and they keep performing.
    Attacking midfield or winger is hardly a position they lack in but Mahrez doesnt look good enough. Glimpses of quality but lacking any decent consistency, wouldn’t be surprised if he moves on over the summer. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    The way Moyes has transformed West Ham, he deserves to me manager of the year.  They defend as a unit and attack as a unit.  Moyes has got them so well organised.  Soucek and Coufal have been excellent, Bowen and Antonio give them some pace, Rice organises them so well.

Thought they defended brilliantly against Spurs although they rode their luck in that 2nd half but they've come on a bundle and deserve their luck.

Great to see another PL getting better and pushing the so-called Top 6.  Even though its them.  Bastards.
  • Options
    Been very impressed with Lingard today. Been at the centre of almost everything good that West Ham have done.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Lee Mason with an absolute nightmare decision. I'm not sure what's happening but he looks lost.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He hasn't got a fucking clue what he's doing.
  • Options
    • The Baggies' past five home Premier League wins have come under a different manager - Allardyce, Slaven Bilic, Darren Moore, Alan Pardew and Tony Pulis.
  • Options
    He hasn't got a fucking clue what he's doing.
    Again, more discrepancies with regard to the laws of the game. I have no idea about this so someone please enlighten me.

Does the referee have to blow his whistle before a free kick is taken ?  Obviously not as every match you watch there are countless "quick" free kicks where the team awarded the free kick just gets on with it. No whistle needed. So why not. What is the difference ?  Is it because a wall is being formed ?  If so (and something I have mused upon for years) can anytime a free kick is given, the offending team delays the taking of the free kick by forming a wall, no matter where it is - even in the opponents own half  ?  Just watching MOTD they are saying its because Lee Mason realises (just in time /too late) that the WBA keeper is not ready. I've always thought that it's not in the spirit of the game to "catch the goalkeeper unawares". I remember Henry scoring one (against Man U  ?) and thought it wrong then. 

However.......as I said, I dont think there is anything laid down in the laws as to when the referee has to blow his whistle or if a team has to be "ready" before a free kick is taken. 

• Options
    You cheat Tierney!
    He did the usual clutching his face and lay on the ground, as if he'd been hit by Tyson Fury to try and get Cancello sent off, when there was no contact to his face whatsoever.
    He's just done exactly the same thing! Goes down as if he's been elbowed when it's clear that the contact was nowhere near his head. That is two consecutive games that he's tried to get someone sent off.

What is really silly is that there are a number of cameras that shown every angle of the incident.
  • Options
    Could be a long afternoon for Burnley. Spurs already 2 up and are tearing them a new one
  • Options
    Shock horror, spurs play an attacking formation and 2-0 up within 15 mins 
  • Options
    Bale starting and scoring twice. Now Dele Alli on the pitch, has someone swapped Mourinho for an imposter!
  • Options
    Just watched the last 5 mins of the Spurs v Burnley. Don't know what has gone on before but Pope has just pulled off two fabulous saves. 
  • Options
    From what I've seen just from motd etc, Burnley are incredibly lucky to have Pope. They would be a lot lower in the league without him.
  • Options
    edited February 2021

Great signing for them. I'd almost forgotten what this looks like.