Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Moving House - BR7

1235»

Comments

• Options
    clb74 said:
    we put ours on the market on a Friday, had 9 viewings on the Saturday and offer accepted by Sunday. Luckily we'd already found a house which allowed us to have our offer accepted on the Monday.

Definitely a backlog on Surveys at the moment, ours being done next week. 

We are only moving 10 mins down the road which ideally will mean no school change etc, but will give us alot more space and more importantly a home office!
    And your moaning about packing up.
    You can walk everthing down if its 10 minutes 
    Yeah, you can carry your fridge freezer on your back you lightweight :-) 
  • Options
    Had to laugh the other day.
    The wife rang the estate agent to drop the house by 10k.
    The wife then rang back a little bit later for the EA say 
    Good news youve got 3 viewings already.
    The wife replied i should think we have youve dropped the house by 100k.
  • Options
    I think when people see you've dropped the house by even a pound, they think they might be able to take advantage and get you to drop a lot further. 
  • Options
    EA's do definitely seem to be overvaluing some properties at the moment
  • Options
    Yep.
    Was told £450k-£470k by 2 EA.
    Another house down our road that had a little extension and loft conversion more than us sold last November for £465k.
    About 25sqm bigger than ours.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Huskaris said:
    Second viewing was today, my mum likes it and so did my brother. 

We are going to make an offer on Monday (bank holiday I know) or Tuesday. I don't want to seem "too" keen, but we are.

Just need them to knock a "reasonable" amount off of the offer. 

Talking hypotheticals, how much can you offer to knock off without taking the piss.

The windows need to be redone, there is a crack in the fireplace, the shed door doesn't shut, the hob is electric (would prefer gas), the whole place needs a lick of paint because there are scuff marks etc, guttering looks to be leaking a tiny bit, and as perspective buyers, we are chain free.

Imagine the property is on the market for £700k, does anyone have a view on what would be a good % to knock off?

I am currently angling towards 6.8% off the asking price. 

I'd look at the cost of repairs etc and take that off the price, then another 7.5% of the asking price and await the response.

***Edit, just seen you have had an offer accepted, congratulations.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Yep.
    Another house down our road that had a little extension and loft conversion more than us sold last November for £465k.
    So you’d be happy with £450k ?
    i know it’s not possible but these EA with their higher end value giving people unrealistic hope get on my moobs.
    you should be able to say to matey with the £470k valuation ok you’ve got 3 months to sell it at £450k and your commission is anything above ....
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    clb74 said:
    Yep.
    So you’d be happy with £450k ?
    i know it’s not possible but these EA with their higher end value giving people unrealistic hope get on my moobs.
    you should be able to say to matey with the £470k valuation ok you’ve got 3 months to sell it at £450k and your commission is anything above ....
    Estate Agents only work for themselves, not the clients.
    A horrible job to have.
  • Options
    All the best mate. Although I have lived in Norwich for over 30 years, I was brought up in Chislehurst so have lots of great memories. My mum still lives off Green Lane and is a permanent feature in Sainsbury's and the Co-Op which I remember being the British Legion where my dad used to drink. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good luck mate. That all seemed to go rather quickly
  • Options
    Wishing you good luck and lots of happiness in your new home.
  • Options
    Yeah I think we put the offer in on Sep 1. So very quick really. 

New job starting in January too so 2021 should be a much nicer year if COVID is under control!
  • Options
    Good luck! Be round shortly for the Party  :D
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

New job starting in January too so 2021 should be a much nicer year if COVID is under control!
    New house, new job. You know what comes next don't you......
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

New house, new job. You know what comes next don't you......
    A Charlton win?
  • Options
    That is quick, we had offer accepted on 14th Aug and now just waiting to exchange on sale and purchase. Everything’s signed, solicitors and EA’s have been pretty much next to useless throughout the whole process 
  • Options
    Congratulations
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    Moving in this morning! Thanks again everyone for all the help, can't believe it's happening.

Spent a couple hours there last night (completed yesterday) and my fiancee and I love it. 
    Great news, well done!
  • Options
    We need photo's!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Glad there’s more Charlton around these parts!
  • Options
    Excellent, I was thinking of asking how things were going a few days ago, but didn't want to appear nosey.
  • Options
    Nice one.
    After having our offer accepted on Wednesday we will be saying our goodbyes to the folk of Bromley for our dream move to the country.
    I really do hope its as quick as yours @Huskaris.
  • Options
    Where you moving to @Elthamaddick and @clb74 ?
  • Options
    West Wickham mate.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    West Wickham mate.
    Back to your palarse roots. 
  • Options
    Bexleyheath right by Danson Park, need more space and home office 
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    Moving in this morning! Thanks again everyone for all the help, can't believe it's happening.

Spent a couple hours there last night (completed yesterday) and my fiancee and I love it. 
    Welcome to Chislehurst, I wish you and your fiancée all the best with moving in, always a stressful experience! 
  • Options
    Bexleyheath right by Danson Park, need more space and home office 
    You’ll have to walk round to the golf club for a round and a pint sometime mate. 
  • Options
    yeah won’t be far away at all mate