Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Friendly vs Southend at Sparrows Lane 25/08/2020 1pm kick off

Comments

• Options
    I was wondering that.
  • Options
    If we had Josh Clarke and Ali Koiki as our full-backs this year I would be amazed. Two outstanding players who could reach 10+ assists if they played regularly. 

This stupid salary cap will not allow that to happen though - so Ben Purrington and Oshilaja it is. 

How does anyone on here know enough about Ali Koiki after a 15 game stint on loan at Swindon to conclude that?  :D

Bowyer plays very narrow which allows us to win the midfield battle but also bomb full-backs forward, giving them the opportunity to pump balls into the box. 

Perhaps I’m being a bit over excited about our chances, but having two full-backs with blistering pace and great ability on the ball is something we haven’t had since Bowyer arrived.

Of course Koiki could be a dud and this is pointless, but by all accounts he seems very highly rated and Burnley didn’t want to let him go.

• Options
    we're 2-0 up, Lapslie with a rocket just before half time
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Now 2-2, Southend with 2 goals in a minute, ffs
  • Options
    Continuity in football is admirable BUT you are really starting to piss me off Charlton!
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Now 2-2, Southend with goals in a minute, ffs
    New season, same old...
  • Options
    That’s me done with Charlton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Den for me next season 
  • Options
    Cant wait for the Palace friendly
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    That’s me done with Charlton.
    Same - I’ve had enough of us letting leads slip in a friendly games. 
  • Options
    The Den for me next season 
    Wash yer mouth out 😉
  • Options
    If you can’t do it on a Tuesday afternoon against Southend, then when can you do it?
  • Options
    Wtf
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    If you can’t do it on a Tuesday afternoon against Southend, then when can you do it?
    On a Friday night in London 
    On a Tuesday night in Brentford

On a Saturday afternoon in London 
    On a Wednesday night in Birmingham 
    On a Wednesday night in Leeds 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Poor old Koiki, comes on at 2-0 up...
  • Options
    I know it’s only a friendly but conceding another last minute goal is hilarious
  • Options
    Only thing that concerns me so far (and its a big one) is the amount of goals Amos is conceding since his return to Charlton

Played the last three friendlies 

Three against Aston Villa
    One against Birmingham
    Three against Southend

Proof as well that we need to get some Defenders through the building 
  • Options
    Only thing that concerns me so far (and its a big one) is the amount of goals Amos is conceding since his return to Charlton

One against Birmingham
    Three against Southend

Not to mention the 4 in the 2nd half of the Arsenal game before the season restarted.
  • Options
    9 games without a win now
  • Options

One against Birmingham
    Three against Southend

Not to mention the 4 in the 2nd half of the Arsenal game before the season restarted.
    Pearce being out will be hurting us as well
  • Options
    Cant wait for the Palace friendly
    Think it’s their u-12s so we’ll have a chance 
  • Options
    its a friendly, i know alot is in jest but the result really doesn't matter. I find it quite funny last minute winner too, although as its a friendly i wont worry just, tad worrying though :smile: