Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Friendly vs Southend at Sparrows Lane 25/08/2020 1pm kick off

Comments

• Options
    Insert Koiki Carp pun
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Insert Koiki Carp pun
    I was thinking more along the lines of that we could put our left leg in, our left leg out do the hoiki koiki etc etc ...
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Insert Koiki Carp pun
    I was thinking more along the lines of that we could put our left leg in, our left leg out do the hoiki koiki etc etc ...
    If only we still had Sullay Kaikai the possibilities would be endless
    I thank god every day that we dont!!
    What's Joe Dodoo doing these days
  • Options
    MattF said:
    MattF said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Insert Koiki Carp pun
    He was In L1 somewhere last year,  might have been tranmere or Lincoln but I forget
  • Options
    LTKapal said:
    MattF said:
    MattF said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Insert Koiki Carp pun
    He was In L1 somewhere last year,  might have been tranmere or Lincoln but I forget
    Bolton
  • Options
    It's OK, we'll be fine when the season restarts as the boys will up their game being roared on by a packed Valley.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LTKapal said:
    MattF said:
    MattF said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Insert Koiki Carp pun
    Bolton
    Thanks! That's the one, I remembered it was relegation fodder but I forgot which flavour. Probably could have googled
  • Options
    Bugger.
  • Options
    Would not look too much into these preseason games LB trying out different setups to see who fits in with who.
    Yep, can't be easy trying to work things out with the shed load of new signings we've made .....
  • Options
    Mmmmh don't want to be losing to the likes of Southend. It's not really a traditional pre-season, so yes I do expect a bit better. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Mmmmh don't want to be losing to the likes of Southend. It's not really a traditional pre-season, so yes I do expect a bit better. 
    Don't we normally find ourselves losing to some non-league outfit in pre-season?  Always look on the bright side!
  • Options
    Has Lapslie been involved in all three of our pre-season goals so far then? That's very positive for him
    Yup, assist for Doughty, won a penalty, and then a goal from distance. Decent start for him. I'm still not convinced his first touch is quite good enough, but we'll see. I think L1 is more his level, and his versatility means he'll play a part this season. If we play 4-3-3 it's better for him as it means he has more freedom to roam, as he doesn't quite have either the physicality or positional acumen to play in a middle 2 in a 4-4-2. 
  • Options
    its a friendly, i know alot is in jest but the result really doesn't matter. I find it quite funny last minute winner too, although as its a friendly i wont worry just, tad worrying though :smile:

So we shouldn’t worry that you’re not worried just yet, but you’re a tad worried so don’t worry?
    Yeah you get it :) hindsight i am not worried but slightly worried :):wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pppppffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff!
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    Pppppffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff!
    Have you just farted? 
  • Options
    FFS.  I really can't see us anything other mid table fodder this season, or relegation trouble if we go into administration. 
  • Options
    I think it's now or never for Lapslie - I really like him and have always wanted him to play in his natural position (holding midfield), he captained the u23's in this role. He has a good range of passing and will run all day long. 

With the squad being so thin it's time he stepped up and utilised what he's learnt over the past few seasons. 
  • Options
    I see our non-scoring strikers have carried on from where they left off........
  • Options
    Any news of Wiredu?
  • Options
    I see our non-scoring strikers have carried on from where they left off........
    To be fair Hemed got into better positions that usual
    Probably his best game for us. 
  • Options
    Isaac Hutchinson scored the winning goal. He was a pupil at the school I teach at. He and his brother (Colchester U23 player) will be celebrating that goal against Sir's team.