Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ESI 1 v ESI 2 - Initial Hearing 01-02/09/2020, Court of Appeal 17/09/2020 (p127)

Comments

• Options
    MattF said:
    Incidentally, can anyone validate that I was correct in hearing during the proceedings today that Chris Farnell actually represented Lex Dominus Limited in filing the interim application for the injunction? I was on a work call at the same time so it became hard to juggle. If that is the case... my word is he in trouble.
    Yup that was mentioned as one of the conflicting interests, IPS Law filed the application for an injunction 
    Thanks, and wow. I hope for his sake he is better prepared for his Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal proceedings than he was for mugging CAFC off. That is a flagrant conflict of interest, as if introducing the purchaser and sponsoring/rigging the sales process from within hadn't been enough. Truly bringing the profession into disrepute.
    Does this open up criminal action or just regulatory? 
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    Some of Chaisty's reviews below from website.....but you never came up against Lauren Kreamer !!!!

‘A fiery advocate.’ - Legal 500 2018

‘Incisive, assured and commanding.’ - Legal 500 2018

‘He has an excellent ability to bring round a judge.' - Legal 500 2017

‘He has an innate understanding of what and how much to say.’ - Legal 500 2017

I'd say he's now like a first division player on his last legs in the fourth division.
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Incidentally, can anyone validate that I was correct in hearing during the proceedings today that Chris Farnell actually represented Lex Dominus Limited in filing the interim application for the injunction? I was on a work call at the same time so it became hard to juggle. If that is the case... my word is he in trouble.
    Yup that was mentioned as one of the conflicting interests, IPS Law filed the application for an injunction 
    Thanks, and wow. I hope for his sake he is better prepared for his Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal proceedings than he was for mugging CAFC off. That is a flagrant conflict of interest, as if introducing the purchaser and sponsoring/rigging the sales process from within hadn't been enough. Truly bringing the profession into disrepute.
    Does this open up criminal action or just regulatory? 
    Regulatory. Criminal would be very unlikely. This adds considerable weight to his existing SRA complaint(s). IPS Law is a one partner firm. There is no hiding behind information barriers or other conflict prevention measures. It is a plain and arrogant breach of his duties as a solicitor to file that application on behalf of LDL/Elliott. The fact he was initially the sole shareholder in and director of LDL, throughout a director of ESI and previously acting for Nimer/Panorama/ESI/the club makes it farcical. The SRA should have him on toast.
    I will settle for that although would of also liked to see him doing bird 
  • Options
    Just like to say thank you Lauren.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That’s what I heard.
  • Options
    Maybe if it’s proven he’s stolen the motors, maybe also serious fraud outside of that but doesn’t seem like a jail term yet. Fingers crossed as it all unravels for him.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    Is Lauren a Charlton fan? 

Lauren Kreamer

Lauren Kreamer was co-opted onto the CAST board in March 2020. (She stood down temporarily on August 17th to avoid any perception of conflict of interest when she was instructed by Panorama Magic in the case of Panorama Magic v Lex Dominus)

Lauren is a barrister and has experience in a broad range of commercial and Chancery work, including insolvency, banking and finance, property, and commercial disputes.

She attended her first game at The Valley in 1997, and has been a season ticket holder ever since.

Best memories: Wembley 1998 and 2019.

Worst memory: Losing to Sheffield United in the 2014 FA Cup quarter final, and Chris Powell’s subsequent sacking.

Favourite player: Dean Kiely.

Longest-held Charlton-related grudge: against Jonatan Johansson, to whom she wrote aged 9 when tasked with writing a letter to ‘your favourite famous person’, and who never replied. (Since rectified very recently via the club!)

When was this written? 
    Wonder if the letter from JJ via the club was what M.Mihail was talking about in a tweet a few weeks ago? 
  • Options
    Why don't we buy Lauren her season ticket? Once Sandgaard takes over / new owners come in
    I'll happily put in €10 so that's a start 

Nice gesture but if TS gets the gig I reckon she'll be his guest in the Directors box gratis for as long as she wants 😉.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why was more weight not put on the ownership that was stated in the previous court case? What am I missing here?
  • Options
    I think I feel a bit numb and can’t believe something has gone ours and the clubs way for once.

Let’s hope that a ‘Done Deal’ gets announced imminently(probably shouldn’t use that word) to make a wonderful ending to a truly horrific nightmare!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!