Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Swindon v Charlton - Match Thread / Post Match Views from Pg.11

Comments

• Options
    Should be 2-0... Forster-Caskey forces a great save
  • Options
    redman said:
    Dunno who the other bloke is? - That Kyle fella on Sandgaard Capital perhaps?

Yes, think it is Kyle Henderson.
    who is Kyle Henderson?
    The guy in the photo 😂
  • Options
    Barker Looks class , seems to have come from nowhere.
  • Options
    Oztumer just stopped a certain equaliser!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Blucher said:
    I reckon the team will duly oblige - although it would be very 'Charlton' to get a result in a competition where, relative to our league stats, we have one of the worst records of the 92 league clubs.
    Presume losing to Wycombe in QF (2005 or 2006?) is the furthest we’ve progressed. 
    Yes, to the best of my knowledge anyway.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Going to be disappointed if Barker doesnt start against Crewe at this rate!!

Be curious to see if this Swindon performance is purely because they dont care but then just treat it like a Pre-Season friendly like we are?
  • Options
    Yay....the left foot Bonne swipe is back! He loves that angle.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Blucher said:
    I reckon the team will duly oblige - although it would be very 'Charlton' to get a result in a competition where, relative to our league stats, we have one of the worst records of the 92 league clubs.
    Presume losing to Wycombe in QF (2005 or 2006?) is the furthest we’ve progressed. 
    Yes, to the best of my knowledge anyway.
    Pls no-one mention that Wycombe game. At least when we lost 7-1 away at Luton, they were still fit to wear the shirt...
  • Options
    1-0 HT
  • Options
    Macaulay Bonne Bonne Bonne.  Who needs a takeover? Paul Elliot/t's Red and White Army

reading this in the way it was attended (as a joke) still makes me angry as this guy thinks he owns us and is  holding us back. This is a whinge at Elliot and not the post!!
  • Options
    Pleased we are winning but that first half was boring. You know it’s bad when your volunteering to get the beers from the fridge during the game. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If it goes his way on Wednesday and the sale gets held up until November I think he may have to go into hiding
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Pleased we are winning but that first half was boring. You know it’s bad when your volunteering to get the beers from the fridge during the game. 
    Very much a competitive friendly...

Would argue if we've got more quality or if its just that Swindon care even less about this competition

Lapslie and Barker are my standouts for the half!! - Vennings isnt doing too badly either

Oztumer should definitely show his worth at this level

Aneke will carve through this Swindon defence like they're wet paper if he comes on!!
  • Options
    Bonne to have a big year !!!!!!! 
  • Options
    Dunno who the other bloke is? - That Kyle fella on Sandgaard Capital perhaps?

Yes, think it is Kyle Henderson.
    One half of Jedwood
    Ben Reeves' brother by another mother
  • Options
    So will the Swindon equaliser be in the 46th, 47th or 48th minute...
    95th
  • Options
    Its not going to be a bad thing if we win provided that the takeover happens

Whoever we'd face in the Second, potentially Third Round will be good chances for Bowyer to assess any new signings without the result caring so much
  • Options
    Barker is the son of former assistant Richie Barker, was it his father who brought him to us? It's not as if Richie was with us for a long time, he was only here for 6 months
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Almost a goal straight from kick-off... Better delivery and it would have been 2-0!!

Werent expecting that last bit were you ;)