Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Swindon v Charlton - Match Thread / Post Match Views from Pg.11

Comments

• Options
    Sorry, is it now £12 to watch a meaningless cup match on Valley Pass??
  • Options
    Nope £10... £12 if you want to see both todays game and the Women's game tomorrow
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    What is the formation? Lapslie playing RB? Maybe Deji? Can Barker play out wide?
    4-3-3? - Its been the case a few friendlies now

Amos
    Oshilaja | Barker | Pratley | Purrington
    Forster-Caskey | Vennings | Lapslie
    Oztumer | Bonne | Doughty
    Yes except I'm thinking:
    Lapslie Barker Deji Purrington
    Vennings Pratley JFC
    Oz ......Bonne........Doughty
    Yeah thats my other thought, be curious to see where Pratley lines up - I do prefer your team
  • Options
    Nope £10... £12 if you want to see both todays game and the Women's game tomorrow
    OK, only seemed to get that option.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    OK, only seemed to get that option.
    The League Cup option on its own should be just below the £12 one?
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Sage said:
    Looks a pretty weak line up, picked from a limited squad.  Unless we get TS in, I fear for our season. 
    Five players absent though

Two of those on the bench: Aneke and Gilbey
    Two on duty: Williams and Washington
    One injured: Pearce

Still dont think we need massive amounts of improvement, quality over quantity 
    Got to say I disagree.

Believe we need at least another 9 players.

2 right backs
    2 centre backs (don’t want Barker as 4th choice, 5th sure, not 4th)
    1 left back
    1 or 2 centre mids
    1 or 2 wingers
    1 striker

Without that, we are too reliant on youth, too reliant on players who haven’t played men’s football, too reliant on our ability to produce players for the first team when not everyone will make the grade.
    Yeah that is the risk of my theory, Bowyer has already said he wants to loan out Davison so guess that includes Vennings and others as well

League One can be even tougher than the Championship with it being more physical so its even more sink and swim if these kids arent strong enough

Example of that was the second half against Wimbledon on Tuesday
  • Options
    cafc4life said:
    Morgan not as good as some people make out 
    We have him a 3 year contract 2 months ago, which is a reasonable vote of confidence in him
    Why is he not starting then? Considering he’s probably the most experienced Youngster we have. Would assume he would walk into our side with the current situation but seems not. Hence maybe actually he just doesn’t quite offer enough
  • Options
    So I purchased the live video pass for the 20/21 season, should I be able to watch this game with that? Because right now it says I haven't purchased the game and I can't see how to purchase just this game. 
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    So I purchased the live video pass for the 20/21 season, should I be able to watch this game with that? Because right now it says I haven't purchased the game and I can't see how to purchase just this game. 
    Nope, you need to find a VPN that'll let you select you as being in the UK

Todays game isnt available if your outside the UK and Ireland
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    FFS... they have a Doughty!! - Thats not going to be confusing is it!!
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Ah thank you. That sucks.

• Options
    Sage said:
    Looks a pretty weak line up, picked from a limited squad.  Unless we get TS in, I fear for our season. 
    Five players absent though

Two of those on the bench: Aneke and Gilbey
    Two on duty: Williams and Washington
    One injured: Pearce

Still dont think we need massive amounts of improvement, quality over quantity 
    Got to say I disagree.

Believe we need at least another 9 players.

2 right backs
    2 centre backs (don’t want Barker as 4th choice, 5th sure, not 4th)
    1 left back
    1 or 2 centre mids
    1 or 2 wingers
    1 striker

Without that, we are too reliant on youth, too reliant on players who haven’t played men’s football, too reliant on our ability to produce players for the first team when not everyone will make the grade.
    I agree, other than the midfielders, as we plenty of depth there, especially as Pratley and Lapslie will be playing there if we strengthen the defence

Bowyer has talked about loaning Davison out, so possibly we might need 2 strikers if he wants 4 in the squad, unless he counts Aneke as a striker
  • Options
    Good effort from Swindon, should have been 1-0!!
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    SDAddick said:

Ah thank you. That sucks.
    Now ya know how us Brits feel ;)
  • Options
    This is awful.
  • Options
    I think I’ll Pass on this match and head to the beach 🌞
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dunno who the other bloke is? - That Kyle fella on Sandgaard Capital perhaps?

• Options
    Possession 90% Swindon so far??
  • Options
    I see this has changed from the preview thread to the match thread. Do we have any commentators there or anyone updating us.  ?
  • Options

Yes, think it is Kyle Henderson.
  • Options
    10’ Charlton forced to do a lot of defending so far as a Pratley heads a third Swindon corner clear. #stfc #cafc
  • Options

Yes, think it is Kyle Henderson.
    He's got an impressive chin!!
  • Options
    Has Thomas got Andrew Muirs scarfy?
  • Options
    11’ James Vennings currently playing as the furthest forward midfielder with Oztumer on the right and Doughty on the left. #stfc #cafc
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Stoke scored in the first minute, not sure we'd even touched the ball before it was in the net. Two down soon after.

Got it back to 2-2 and then Crooks won a penalty, thought it was a dive though.

Skinheads invaded the pitch.
  • Options
    What's our formation today? Is Deji at CB or RB, Pratley CB or midfield?

A strange lack of twitter updates from the game!