Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Swindon v Charlton - Match Thread / Post Match Views from Pg.11

Comments

• Options
    Excuse me if I’ve missed something but why would Williams not play?

Edit: just realised international duty.
    Starting tonight for Wales
  • Options
    Great as ever FA. Here's how I see us lining up

..............Amos
    Lapslie Deji Pratley(C) Purrington 
    ................JFC
    ......Dempsey Vennings
    Oz..........Bonne.........Doughty

Bench: AMB, Barker, Henry, Gilbey, Morgan, Aneke, Davidson

I have a sneaking suspicion that Barker and Henry don't count as senior players as they're only 17, but maybe I'm wrong. That's why I could see Bows using Barker the other day. 

I would rather see Morgan than Vennings or Dempsey, but I think Bowyer sees him as part of the attacking three, not the middle three. 
  • Options
    Whatever happened to wiredu?
  • Options
    0-0, lose on Penalties 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Our squad is so threadbare.

6-0
  • Options
    it's a cup match - we loose
    I wonder if @ElfsborgAddick is yet?
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    it's a cup match - we loose
    I wonder if @ElfsborgAddick is yet?
       :)

• Options
    Just got a strange feeling this might not be our year to win the League Cup.
    What a grumpy thing to say
  • Options
    Comfortable 3-0 win for the Addicks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    IR94 said:
    He injured his knee last season. Don't know if he's come back from it or when he'll be fit.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Generally, it makes sense to make the friendly before your first league game a league game in terms of your approach and mentality. Hopefully this will be the case tomorrow. I know it is a cup game but it becomes an ideal set up game. I do think Bowyer sometimes tries to be too clever but it would be good if the team he picks isn't a million miles away from the team that starts on the 12th.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    IR94 said:
    He injured his knee last season. Don't know if he's come back from it or when he'll be fit.
    He played the other night at left back didn’t he?
  • Options
    First step on the route to Wembley, 0-1.
  • Options
    Is the game on Valley Pass - couldn't find it when I checked earlier?
  • Options
    Generally, it makes sense to make the friendly before your first league game a league game in terms of your approach and mentality. Hopefully this will be the case tomorrow. I know it is a cup game but it becomes an ideal set up game. I do think Bowyer sometimes tries to be too clever but it would be good if the team he picks isn't a million miles away from the team that starts on the 12th.
    Without Williams and Washington, plus Pearce and new signings he can being in between 9th and 12th September, (obviously still hoping about new signings)
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Yes it will be: https://charltonafcpayments.streamamg.com/account/register/step1
  • Options
    Our front men will be too strong for Swindon.

3-0 to Swindon
  • Options
    Yes it will be: https://charltonafcpayments.streamamg.com/account/register/step1
    Christ the UD on that site makes my teeth itch
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sadly with the players at Bowyers disposal, I can’t see past a 2 - 0 loss. We need a takeover so badly.
  • Options
    Elliott
    you, prick, we, should
    have, new, signings, playing
    inthis-one, Bonne

It’s the league cup, we lose.  2-1.
  • Options
    Sadly with the players at Bowyers disposal, I can’t see past a 2 - 0 loss. We need a takeover so badly.
    I'm not bothered if we lose.
    Concentrate on the league.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    I think we could put out a decent enough team. I'd like to see our better midfielders playing. We should probably be looking at something like this IMO:

Amos
      Matthews           Oshilaja         Pratley         Doughty
                                         Lapslie
                      Forster -Caskey           Gilby
                                        Oztumer
                             Bonne                Davison or Washington

• Options
    edited September 2020
    I think we could put out a decent enough team. I'd like to see our better midfielders playing. We should probably be looking at something like this IMO:

Amos
      Matthews           Oshilaja         Pratley         Doughty
                                         Lapslie
                      Forster -Caskey           Gilby
                                        Oztumer
                             Bonne                Davison or Washington

Matthews has not signed yet, if at all, Washington on international duty, Gilbey on the bench
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Ok, so put Lapslie in at RB and put Morgan in.  Probably swap Morgan for Forster Caskey in the formation.
  • Options
    I'm not bothered if we lose.
    Concentrate on the league.
    The way things are going a cup run might be the only blessing we have this season. If we are out of both major cupcompetitions  before the big boys take part then mid table mediocrity could be all we have to look forward to.
  • Options
    No idea how good or bad Swindon are but as it stands I don't see us scoring in a month of Sundays. 

2-0 & the team get back early Sunday morning after it takes them 4 hours to figure out the Magic Roundabout. 
  • Options
    Even without Williams and Washington we have a good enough team to beat Swindon . Bowyer has done a brilliant job with the resources available to him 2-1 to the Addicks  .