Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

We're going back to The Valley, hopefully.......Doncaster Rovers, 19th September 2020....

Comments

• Options
    clive said:
    Anybody got more than one email? 
    Yes,i got two with different arrival times,but since received another email apologising for the error with the correct arrival time,check your emails everybody.
    Ok thanks will keep an eye out.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Might all seem an arse ache but you’re getting to do what 99% of other football fans can’t.

Give them a cheer from us 
    It occurred to me today that this is quite a historic moment really.

We’re hosting the first professional game in London to have fans in attendance since before lockdown. 

Certainly one of those ‘I was there’ type games considering how few people can actually experience it.
    My big fear is that it might be the last game to have fans in attendance before the next lockdown...
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    cafctom said:
    cafctom said:
    Might all seem an arse ache but you’re getting to do what 99% of other football fans can’t.

We’re hosting the first professional game in London to have fans in attendance since before lockdown. 

Certainly one of those ‘I was there’ type games considering how few people can actually experience it.
    My big fear is that it might be the last game to have fans in attendance before the next lockdown...
    Agreed, the timing of this expected second wave means that tomorrow might be the first and last game back all in one.

Its surreal. I should be feeling like a kid before Christmas, but there is something in the back of my mind telling me there’s going to be a twinge of sadness about the whole thing. 

I can’t quite put my finger on it - a mixture of thinking about the blandness of watching football in this new norm, the impending concern as to what’s round the corner, the fact Seb isn’t there, the overall state of the club. It’s a weird feeling.
    Agree totally. Blandness is the correct word to use. Charlton have followed the government safety criteria but it doesn’t make for an enjoyable match day experience. Can’t see how any on these measures will work with crowds of 6k etc. Might work well for 1k but not bigger numbers.

• Options
    cafctom said:
    cafctom said:

Agreed, the timing of this expected second wave means that tomorrow might be the first and last game back all in one.

Its surreal. I should be feeling like a kid before Christmas, but there is something in the back of my mind telling me there’s going to be a tinge of sadness about the whole thing. 

I can’t quite put my finger on it - a mixture of thinking about the blandness of watching football in this new socially distanced norm, the impending concern as to what’s round the corner, the fact Seb isn’t there, the overall state of the club. It’s a weird feeling.

Must be a weird thing.
    Wanting to watch and be at The Valley, seeing the team Live, knowing that there won't be a real atmosphere, but, the fact that it may be the one chance for the foreseeable future to be at a live Charlton Athletic match......
    Even if I would/could go, I think I'd pass because of possible chance of getting this poxy virus. 

In 8 hours time, possibly would go.......

Totally understand your "surreal" comment. 
  • Options
    Got my ticket for tomorrow. Just read the “code of conduct”, keep your mask on unless you’re eating or drinking! How the hell is Lapslie (this year’s scapegoat) going to hear me slagging him off!! 
  • Options
    Nicholas said:
    If anyone with a ticket that doesn't want to go now, would be happy to buy it off you. let me know before 11am if possible as coming from Essex. Brought my season a couple of weeks ago so not early enough.

Cheers
    The tickets are non-transferable because it'll fuck up the track and trace efforts.
  • Options
    Got to arrive at 1:30PM tomorrow, an hour before my mate to sit on my own. No option to get a beer. Plus having to wait for the ground to empty when there is 1k.

Plus having to wear a face mask for almost 4 hours. Sounds terrible.

What were you expecting, that's not happening? 
  • Options

We don't have to wear our face masks whilst in our seats do we?

Happy to wear it when I go in and when I go to have a smoke in the bogs, but not whilst the game is on!

Yes you do.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Happy to wear it when I go in and when I go to have a smoke in the bogs, but not whilst the game is on!

Not sure at first it says you must wear you mask until you reach your seat but later in the text it says wear mask at your seat unless eating or drinking. 
    You'll just have to eat for 90 mins.
  • Options
    Got a 2:30 arrival time. That’s a bit of a result. 
  • Options
    I really cant see the point in this today.
    With cases increasing by the day if today is successful will the government allow 8000 back in the ground in a few weeks time.
    Surely the club would be running at a loss if only a couple of thousand are allowed in.

• Options

Not sure at first it says you must wear you mask until you reach your seat but later in the text it says wear mask at your seat unless eating or drinking. 
    You'll just have to eat for 90 mins.
    they ask you to avoid bringing a bag - so we'll have to carry those 200 packets of crisps in by hand
  • Options
    Watched HSV v Dusseldorf on the box last night. They had 1,000 fans inside a ground that holds 57,000 !!! Still must've been good to have been there and at least be able to go for a pint afterwards etc. 

Non-league will be the way to go for many fans this winter (until we all get locked down again, anyway). 
  • Options
    Anybody else paid for the live streaming on Valley Pass still waiting for an access code?
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Anybody else paid for the live streaming on Valley Pass still waiting for an access code?
    Shouldnt need a code?

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5f64781ee7928/how-to-watch-the-live-stream-of-saturdays-charlton-v-doncaster-rovers-clash
  • Options
    Do those going today get automatically enrolled in the Valiant 1000?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On me way.
    Rose of Denmark by 12
  • Options
    You won't be allowed to leave early to 'beat the traffic'. :smile:

• Options
    edited September 2020
    My time slot for the West stand is 2-00.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    It's mentioned in the email I think. Compulsory unless eating or drinking (chance would be a fine thing.)
  • Options
    dickplumb said:
    According to the video I have seen from CAFC wearing of masks is not mentioned. My time slot for the West stand is 2-00.
    Mask wearing is mentioned in 'code of conduct' message accompanying the video,also in the email you should have got from the club last night.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    That's grim.

If they get numbers up to 8000 the turnstile queues will be hopelessly long, and will fans really not mingle in the concourses etc?

I hope people know about the need for photo id, as I hadn't heard of that before
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    I really cant see the point in this today.
    With cases increasing by the day if today is successful will the government allow 8000 back in the ground in a few weeks time.
    Surely the club would be running at a loss if only a couple of thousand are allowed in.

Need to do a test event at some point so might as well do it now so one step ahead if/when larger number of fans can attend. 

Today gives them a chance to review a working event and learn lessons that well help in the future. 

I am a believer that we need to start planning a way of living a near normal life as possible as this virus ain’t going away in the near future and this is one step in that direction. 
    You crack on mate.
    If near normal is having to get to the ground 1 1/2 hours early while wearing a mask.
    No food or drink in ground having to present photo id i will give the football a miss.

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    That's grim.

If they get numbers up to 8000 the turnstile queues will be hopelessly long, and will fans really not mingle in the concourses etc?

I hope people know about the need for photo id, as I hadn't heard of that before
    Stand by the earlier comment, what do we achieve by doing this with 1k when expecting 8k. Some of the evening matches at The Valley during the winter can be absolutely freezing for us southern types. Are they going to keep people out of the concourse during winter months and not serving hot drinks etc.

I am not criticise anyone at Charlton as they have done an amazing job to even be allowed 1k this weekend. However, our first home Tuesday night match is in under 6 weeks. Can’t see how anything learned today can be used for Tuesday night & winter matches.