Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

We're going back to The Valley, hopefully.......Doncaster Rovers, 19th September 2020....

1789101113»

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Perhaps CAFC told everyone to where masks in their seats to gauge compliance.
    The more that stuck to the rules the more maybe allowed in next time (if anyone will now be allowed).
    It was disappointing to see the amount of people that didn't.
    It wasn't high numbers, but there were fans without masks worn properly.
  • Options
    Thanks Clive.
    You can arguably see about 2/12 people in that photo have masks beneath their noses ie may as well take them off altogether.
  • Options
    Looking at the pictures of other grounds on Saturday, it looks like only at The Valley were face masks worn for the whole match. Does anyone know if this was a Charlton thing or part of the wider test (some grounds it was enforced, others it wasn't?)
    Not sure what happened Saturday at other grounds but at Dartford's friendly against Dover tomorrow night you can remove your mask when you reach your seat or place on the terrace
    Before paying spectators were allowed in, mask wearing in the directors box seating (both at our games and elsewhere) seemed fairly optional...
  • Options
    Seems that the "test" programme is being pulled...
  • Options
    Very worrying times for the lower divisions. I can imagine emergency board meetings will be taking place up and down the country at most clubs today. 
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Might all seem an arse ache but you’re getting to do what 99% of other football fans can’t.

Give them a cheer from us 
    It occurred to me today that this is quite a historic moment really.

We’re hosting the first professional game in London to have fans in attendance since before lockdown. 

Certainly one of those ‘I was there’ type games considering how few people can actually experience it.
    My big fear is that it might be the last game to have fans in attendance before the next lockdown...
     :'( 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafctom said:
    Might all seem an arse ache but you’re getting to do what 99% of other football fans can’t.

Give them a cheer from us 
    It occurred to me today that this is quite a historic moment really.

We’re hosting the first professional game in London to have fans in attendance since before lockdown. 

Certainly one of those ‘I was there’ type games considering how few people can actually experience it.
    My big fear is that it might be the last game to have fans in attendance before the next lockdown...
     :'( 
    i agree,it is going to be along time before we are let in again.
  • Options
    Its going to be a tough winter especially over here in Massachusetts. With what the CDC is saying about droplets hanging around in the air. I have not ate inside a restaurant or bar all summer but when it gets really cold what do these poor businesses do. I feel for all the fans not being able to go to the games in the UK. I will not fly back to the UK until a vaccine is available. I really want to visit my old man who lives in Blackheath and go to the valley with him again. Praying its next year.  
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    Its going to be a tough winter especially over here in Massachusetts. With what the CDC is saying about droplets hanging around in the air. I have not ate inside a restaurant or bar all summer but when it gets really cold what do these poor businesses do. I feel for all the fans not being able to go to the games in the UK. I will not fly back to the UK until a vaccine is available. I really want to visit my old man who lives in Blackheath and go to the valley with him again. Praying its next year.  
    CDC now seem to have withdrawn that?
  • Options
    Academic now, but it was a bit strange to have the test events at 1000 spectators everywhere, irrespective of the size of the ground. For example watching the highlights from the Forest Green Rovers match, 1000 at a ground which only just holds over 5000 is far more representative of a real life matchday than 1000 in The Valley
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    JamesSeed said:
    I'm desperate to get back to watching live football and having a beer with my mates, but having watched the club video of what's involved, it would be a definite no from me at the moment. I literally couldn't be arsed with all that!.
    Why? It was a doddle.
    just not for me, I don't want to be sitting in my seat for ages before the game starts, sitting there with virtually no one about. I want 'normal' I appreciate I might be in the minority here, but I'd rather sit at home and watch it on the box if it can't be just a bit normal (and yes I realise we are some way off this happening)

I renewed my ST, but wouldn't go at the moment
    I don't think it was all that bad...
    (btw, it was the longest time I've ever worn a mask, and after ten minutes I forgot it was there.)

• Options
    edited September 2020
    I'm desperate to get back to watching live football and having a beer with my mates, but having watched the club video of what's involved, it would be a definite no from me at the moment. I literally couldn't be arsed with all that!.
    Literally the only difference for me was not being able to have a beer on the concourse before the game. I was lucky in that my arrival time was 1430, but no one checked my ticket if I'm honest. So I sat on my seat for twenty minutes, and watched the players warming up.
    It's definitely NOT the full experience, and yes, the club protocol video was a bit off putting, but it really wasn't that big a deal. They scanned my wrist, I scanned my ticket, I walked in, watched us getting stuffed, waited a bit, left the ground, went home, got told off, same old, same old. I'd go to every home game like that, if was the only option available.
    And it's definitely safer than watching football on telly in the pub.
  • Options
    https://t.co/xoKqk88FlR?amp=1

Looks like the club are selling 'blocks' for the remainder of this season.
    Perhaps they are doing so in the knowledge that fans won't be allowed back in until the 21/22 season.

• Options
    https://t.co/xoKqk88FlR?amp=1

Looks like the club are selling 'blocks' for the remainder of this season.
    Perhaps they are doing so in the knowledge that fans won't be allowed back in until the 21/22 season.

Egh?