Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

BETTING THREAD 2020 -2021 SEASON

Comments

• Options
    Doncaster must be odds on then.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Where are you getting 20,25's?

PP only offering 14-1
    SpreadEX for 25 
    20/1 now 
  • Options
    For today:

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Trying to go 4 and 4 with my league betting articles.  Preston to beat Stoke.

https://footballbettingadvice.co.uk/2020/09/26/preston-look-to-make-home-advantage-count/
  • Options
    Well, here are this weeks shrewd investment / Bookies benefits we will know at 17:00.

Doncaster, Port Vale £40 double
    Preston, Camb Utd £20 double  £6 fourfold

Birmingham, Gills, Plymouth, Charlton.  £4 trebles £4 fourfold

Goals galore... Barnsley, Sunderland, Salford, Fleetwood £14 fourfold.

• Options
    @CAFCsayer you seem to be on a bit of a roll... what are you backing today? 
  • Options
    4/5 for Charlton to finish in the top half this season with Skybet is one hell of a bet. 

(A football trader/previous professional gambler with no accounts and definitely no Skybet! I also am of course a Charlton fan... but this should be 4/11 thereabouts).

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Obviously you won so fair play, but you must be a lunatic to be betting £76 on a specific correct score!
  • Options
    Weirdly when Chelsea went 3-0 down today I stuck a fiver on them at 8/1 to draw
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Fuck sake you lot, stop backing us to win the league, were only 14s now on Sky bet 16s on a few others. Am gonna lump on once I see who else we sign. I wanted 20s!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nicholas said:
    Fuck sake you lot, stop backing us to win the league, were only 14s now on Sky bet 16s on a few others. Am gonna lump on once I see who else we sign. I wanted 20s!!
    When we lose 3-1 later today you can probably get 20’s mate. 
  • Options
    before the season started we were around 10/1 for the title .. now we re around 14/1 .. the bookies are not riding our same wave of renewed optimism ((:>)
  • Options
    Just took 16's on us to win league.  Took the chance as the odds will go up/down after today 
  • Options
    4/5 with Skybet to finish in the top half was too good not to lump on. It is 2/5 with Paddypower.
  • Options
    Had a tenner on Rangers to win with -2 handicap, both teams to score - no, a goal scored on both halves, and Rangers to have more corners than Motherwell. Returns £70.

5 minutes to go, Rangers currently 5-0 up, scored in both halves. Unbelievably they've had less corners.

How can a team win 5-0 and have less corners than a team that they've pumped 5 past?! Unbelievable.
  • Options
    And now a meaningless consolation for Motherwell, to add insult to injury.

Also had Sheff U to win, draw no bet. 87th minute winner for Leeds. Infuriating.
  • Options
    Just took 16's on us to win league.  Took the chance as the odds will go up/down after today 

I should've waited!!
  • Options

I should've waited!!
    Until next season.
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

MrLargo said:
    And now a meaningless consolation for Motherwell, to add insult to injury.

Also had Sheff U to win, draw no bet. 87th minute winner for Leeds. Infuriating.
    28s skybet lump on
  • Options
    Valencia 5/1, away from home vs Sociedad who are 1/2 on. 

Not sure its value or not so i have gone both ways eg:
    Real Sociedad
    Chelsea
    Olympiakos
    Kiev 
    7/1

Underdogs, not really much substance so dont follow
    Valencia
    Liverpool U21
    Colchester
    Chelsea U21
    128/1

looked into the first game on both, still suprised they have gone so big. Last game they played 3-0 RS, Valencia drew 1-1 at home at the weekend and were dominated, RS won while dominating. 

Looking at the teams there isn't a clear gap, unless squad rotation? I think RC might win based on this but Valencia quite big not to back. 

Anyone else have any more info on it? I have backed them both so probably too late for me but just interested.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2020

Real Sociedad
    Chelsea
    Olympiakos
    Kiev 
    7/1

Valencia
    Liverpool U21
    Colchester
    Chelsea U21
    128/1

looked into the first game on both, still suprised they have gone so big. Last game they played 3-0 RS, Valencia drew 1-1 at home at the weekend and were dominated, RS won while dominating. 

Looking at the teams there isn't a clear gap, unless squad rotation? I think RC might win based on this but Valencia quite big not to back. 

Anyone else have any more info on it? I have backed them both so probably too late for me but just interested.
    Valencia have sold lots of their better players . Rodrigo, Coquelin and Parejo all left , playing a number of youngsters currently as they are in so much debt
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

Real Sociedad
    Chelsea
    Olympiakos
    Kiev 
    7/1

Valencia
    Liverpool U21
    Colchester
    Chelsea U21
    128/1

Valencia have sold lots of their better players . Rodrigo, Coquelin and Parejo all left , playing a number of youngsters currently as they are in so much debt
    Thanks, i looked at their starting squad and they still have bits of quality in there. Hence why i was confused a bit, but it does make more sense if this is the reason they are struggling a bit. I knew Rodrigo, but wasn't sure about the other two. 
  • Options
    Valencia are in a bit of a mess at the moment, with protests against the owner (the Salvem Nostra supporters group have even been in touch with either CAST or CARD for advice!). They let their captain, Dani Parejo, and stalwart Francis Coquelin both join Villarreal in the summer and haven't done much by way of recruitment. 

First game of the season was against their city rivals Levante (who have never won at the Mestalla). Valencia won 4-2 - I don't know how, they were a total shambles defensively and trailed twice, and the general consensus both before and during was that it was Levante's best ever opportunity to beat them on their own patch. Second game they lost against Celta - didn't see that, but Celta only stayed up on the final day last season. Sociedad are solid, and will expect to qualify for Europe, and look a pretty safe bet to win this one. Think your 7/1 accy looks pretty solid (subject to Chelsea fielding a decent side against Spurs).

I'm having a bit on Betis 2/1 to win at Getafe tonight.
  • Options
    Re: chelsea / spurs, my mate has a feeling they will field a reserve side as Europa is more important and weekend match. Thats why i have gone for Chelsea, even if they have there fringe players looks good value. I hate midweek betting generally but last week worked a treat so hoping to keep up the form. 
  • Options

Real Sociedad
    Chelsea
    Olympiakos
    Kiev 
    7/1

Valencia
    Liverpool U21
    Colchester
    Chelsea U21
    128/1

William hill have the 7/1 at 23/1 for
    the teams to win and score 2 goals.
  • Options
    Valencia go 1 up, making me look like an idiot in the process. 
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    I copied your bet apart from Chelsea, so now I've got a double on the last two to get my money back and a bit more.
    Still, it's better to be an idiot than to copy one ;-)
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    MrLargo said:
    I copied your bet apart from Chelsea, so now I've got a double on the last two to get my money back and a bit more.
    Still, it's better to be an idiot than to copy one ;-)
    It was actually JohnnyBev's bet, I just gave him my well-informed opinion that turned out to be total bullshit!

However, I have also backed Kiev and Olympiakos, so I'm afraid that bet is heavily tarnished with the curse of Largo.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Johnnybev usually has a decent idea on his bets. Someone must have jinxed it.

• Options
    Have Liverpool U21s, Man City U21s and Man Utd U21s.  25/1 win treble.....