Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton v Doncaster | Saturday 19th September 2020.

Comments

• Options
    Poor Jason Pearce is struggling on co-commentary, you can feel the frustration radiating off him.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    se9addick said:
    aliwibble said:
    Anyone seen how £10m Toney is doing this season? 
    Hasn't he gone to Brentford?
    Yeah with zero return so far

Just trying to get some emphasis and a reality check on those slating Bonne
    “Please don’t slate Bonne, remember, there’s at least one other striker who’s just as useless in the Football League”!
    Got no issues with people pointing out his faults but they're so OTT its ridiculous

£200k with eleven goal return in the Championship

Another player £10m with a high return in League One yet has done sweet FA in the Championship!! 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    aliwibble said:
    Anyone seen how £10m Toney is doing this season? 
    Hasn't he gone to Brentford?
    Yeah with zero return so far

Just trying to get some emphasis and a reality check on those slating Bonne
    “Please don’t slate Bonne, remember, there’s at least one other striker who’s just as useless in the Football League”!
    Got no issues with people pointing out his faults but they're so OTT its ridiculous 
    I’m only kidding, I actually quite like Bonne.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Off_it said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Sorry guys but you must realize that Bowyer has been working his best with youth and players that have little experience plus players that are unable to play two games aweek.Get use to it ,it will not change until new owner comes along.
    Sorry, but that's bollox. 

Out of the starting 11 only Barker is inexperienced & the rest can play week in week out. Williams cant so hence why he's on the bench. 

I have lots of sympathy for Bowyer but to say the team is either young or knackered is well off the mark. 
    How many of our starting 11 would have got into the team last time we played Doncaster?  Then ask a Doncaster fan the same question.  Then ask yourself why there has been a 3 goal swing. 
    Just leave it mate. The bloke is in his element. 
    I'm not denying that not many of our starting 11 would have got into the play off team......but that wasnt the argument. The point made was that our team were losing because it was made up of inexperienced  players & players who couldn't play 2 games in a week. Which I stand by my comment that that is bollox. 
    So you would agree our team is average, at best league 1 then? 
    Yes,  Probably top half League One. Wont get top 6 but shouldn't get relegated either.

But that wasn't the arguement. 

• Options
    78'

Post update

Offside, Charlton Athletic. Jake Forster-Caskey tries a through ball, but Jonathan Williams is caught offside.

• Options
    Southbank said:
    Good thing is Celtic won't be chasing Doughty so hard after today.
    Really? By SPL standards he’s played a blinder! 
  • Options
    1. 79'

Post update

Tyreece John-Jules (Doncaster Rovers) wins a free kick in the attacking half.

2. 79'

Post update

Foul by Jake Forster-Caskey (Charlton Athletic).

• Options
    Ben 50p head Purrington
  • Options
    1. 80'

Post update

Foul by Jake Forster-Caskey (Charlton Athletic).

2. 80'

Post update

Taylor Richards (Doncaster Rovers) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    1. 81'

Post update

Corner, Doncaster Rovers. Conceded by Adedeji Oshilaja.

2. 81'

Post update

Attempt blocked. Jason Lokilo (Doncaster Rovers) right footed shot from the right side of the box is blocked. Assisted by Taylor Richards.

• Options
    Plymouth were down 4-0 just came back 4-4 against the Wimbledon.
  • Options
    Oh bloody hell, not Coppinger again.
  • Options
    Coppinger on with his zimmer frame
  • Options
    Wimbledon 4 Plymouth  4.

I see some teams can come back from a losing position. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Off_it said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Sorry guys but you must realize that Bowyer has been working his best with youth and players that have little experience plus players that are unable to play two games aweek.Get use to it ,it will not change until new owner comes along.
    Sorry, but that's bollox. 

Out of the starting 11 only Barker is inexperienced & the rest can play week in week out. Williams cant so hence why he's on the bench. 

I have lots of sympathy for Bowyer but to say the team is either young or knackered is well off the mark. 
    How many of our starting 11 would have got into the team last time we played Doncaster?  Then ask a Doncaster fan the same question.  Then ask yourself why there has been a 3 goal swing. 
    Just leave it mate. The bloke is in his element. 
    I'm not denying that not many of our starting 11 would have got into the play off team......but that wasnt the argument. The point made was that our team were losing because it was made up of inexperienced  players & players who couldn't play 2 games in a week. Which I stand by my comment that that is bollox. 
    So you would agree our team is average, at best league 1 then? 
    Yes,  Probably top half League One. Wont get top 6 but shouldn't get relegated either.

But that was the arguement. 

So slagging off the players or manager for getting beat by an average league 1 team is just par of the course.

• Options
    Wimbledon 4 Plymouth  4.

I see some teams can come back from a losing position. 
    Must be nice being able to put a balanced squad together 
  • Options
    We look clueless. Awful performance.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Oh bloody hell, not Coppinger again.
    Very old head to see the game out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not our day today.
  • Options
    Why only 1 sub?
  • Options
    81'

Post update

Corner, Doncaster Rovers. Conceded by Ben Purrington.

• Options
    Bring more subs on.
  • Options
    82'

Substitution

Substitution, Doncaster Rovers. James Coppinger replaces Taylor Richards.

• Options
    83'

Post update

Attempt blocked. Jason Lokilo (Doncaster Rovers) left footed shot from outside the box is blocked.

• Options
    1. 84'

Post update

Joe Wright (Doncaster Rovers) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

2. 84'

Post update

Foul by Macauley Bonne (Charlton Athletic).

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!