Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton v Doncaster | Saturday 19th September 2020.

Comments

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Chunes said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Laddick01 said:
    That’s why Bonne worries me. Happens far too often.
    Thankfully for me he keeps popping up enough to eventually take one
    That's what strikers at this level do.

Provide enough chances, he'll score enough goals. Averages.

Strikers at all levels miss chances. But not open goals from 3-5 yards out. They appear to be Bonne's specialty.
    You could ask Ronny Rhosenthal (not spelt right I know) about it 😉
    But he scored hatfulls. I dont mind a striker missing one if he scores every game. Problem is Bonne doesn't. He misses too many compared to the ones he scores.
    And if Bonne did take most of his chances, he wouldn't be playing League One football with Charlton Athletic, would he?
    Of course he would, otherwise no goalscorers would be with League One sides & every team would have non-scoring forwards.

Mad thinking you have.
    Good in theory, Golfie. But playing football in real life isn't always like that.

• Options
    We look awful
  • Options
    Amos looks shaky.Dillon looks much better with his feet
  • Options
    Hospital pass from Oshilaja. 
  • Options
    We are trying to play the ball out from the back with two CBs who can't make a 5 yard pass! 
  • Options
    Sorry but Charlton live tweets has stopped or they have given up
  • Options
    1. 38'

Post update

Madger Gomes (Doncaster Rovers) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

2. 38'

Post update

Foul by Alex Gilbey (Charlton Athletic).

• Options
    edited September 2020
    ross1 said:
    Sorry but Charlton live tweets has stopped or they have given up
    Nothing is happening... Gone very scrappy 
  • Options
    We have lost some shape - Bows will sort them at HT - I would like to see Williams to give some structure in midfield
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Laddick01 said:

Strikers at all levels miss chances. But not open goals from 3-5 yards out. They appear to be Bonne's specialty.
    But he scored hatfulls. I dont mind a striker missing one if he scores every game. Problem is Bonne doesn't. He misses too many compared to the ones he scores.
    What do you expect for 200k?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What a waste JFC
  • Options
    Lovely backheel from Morgan, but JFC overhits his cross.
  • Options
    Equalizer before half-time would be nice.
  • Options
    if Forster caskey was a race horse, he would be in the frozen goods section at Tesco 
  • Options
    JFC is so painfully average. What is he good at? Has an ok left foot i guess. 
  • Options
    41' Good save from Amos to keep out Whiteman's effort from the edge of the box. Watch live: http://live.cafc.co.uk #cafc 0 #drfc 1
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Purrington is our best defender at the moment

By a long distance 
  • Options
    Amos parries a shot, and Doughty brings the ball out, but Doncaster put it out for a throw
  • Options
    Trouble is there's not a lot of other options at the moment 
  • Options
    Been a while since he's had a real influence in a game. Think left wing back was the last time he stood out and that was probably because he was out of position. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Oggy Red said:
    Chunes said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Laddick01 said:

And if Bonne did take most of his chances, he wouldn't be playing League One football with Charlton Athletic, would he?
    Of course he would, otherwise no goalscorers would be with League One sides & every team would have non-scoring forwards.

Mad thinking you have.
    Hence why you have to make allowance for the chances he misses
    Again, that's bonkers. All players have their levels. Bonne's is not League One. Find a player who regularly scores at this level. Pope, Toney, Henderson.

Edit. These are just players that come into my head. No research done & I'm sure the are better than these out there.

Anyway.....will leave it for now.
  • Options
    I missed the first half hour or so, came in a few minutes before Doncaster's goal but from what I've seen our midfield is non- existent.
  • Options
    BBC stats showing our possession at 45%

4 shots, only 1 on target. 

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Chunes said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Laddick01 said:

Mad thinking you have.
    Hence why you have to make allowance for the chances he misses
    Again, that's bonkers. All players have their levels. Bonne's is not League One. Find a player who regularly scores at this level. Pope, Toney, Henderson.
    But even they miss chances dont they? 
  • Options
    Donny really settled into the game and look the better side. We look disorganised. 
  • Options
    Amos had both feet off the ground when Donny hit the shot. That's why he couldn't get across. Very poor goalkeeping.
    Well if the defence and midfield hadn’t been at 6’s and 7’s and that stupid pass been played, there would have been no save to make.....
    And if that copper hadn't let go of the the reins, he'd still have his horse...
  • Options
    We have a makeshift defence.  We can't expect to win many games until we get some more bodies in.  Can we win promotion with Pratley and Oshi, do you think?

Agree with JFC; he flatters to deceive, but I've never been convinced.  Squad player at best.

I'm sure the players are doing their best, but any points we get at the moment are a bonus, IMO.
  • Options
    45+1 Two minutes added. Watch live: http://live.cafc.co.uk #cafc 0 #drfc 1
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!