Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton v Doncaster | Saturday 19th September 2020.

Comments

• Options
    42'

Post update

Attempt blocked. Tyreece John-Jules (Doncaster Rovers) right footed shot from the left side of the box is blocked. Assisted by Madger Gomes.

• Options
    turned into a dull game since conceding. at least the fans are there.
  • Options
    1. 44'

Post update

Jason Lokilo (Doncaster Rovers) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

2. 44'

Post update

Foul by Macauley Bonne (Charlton Athletic).

• Options
    Midfield three are too nice. Need to get someone in there to put some challenges in. Shame we can’t move Pratley to midfield 
  • Options
    They're doing a good job on Doughty. Sticking tight to him and not letting him open up. 
  • Options
    45'

Post update

Attempt blocked. Jake Forster-Caskey (Charlton Athletic) left footed shot from outside the box is blocked. Assisted by Charlie Barker.

• Options
    I’ve never thought much of JFC. Doesn’t do anything for me.
  • Options
    JFC looks poor, his delivery is all over the place.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    HT 0-1
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    They're doing a good job on Doughty. Sticking tight to him and not letting him open up. 
    Yeah him and Washington have been so ineffective 
  • Options
    Midfield three are too nice. Need to get someone in there to put some challenges in. Shame we can’t move Pratley to midfield 
    This!!
  • Options
    Good first 20 minutes. Very poor last 25. Pretty typical for us.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Chunes said:
    Personally think Washington has been doing well with the closing of players. Non stop running.

Bonne could and maybe should have put us up with that beautiful volley cross from Morgan.

• Options
    Chunes said:

Switch wings with Doughty. That'll disjoint Donny's gameplan.

• Options
    HALF-TIME | A bright start from the Addicks, but Gomes' goal changed momentum and the visitors lead at the break. #cafc
  • Options
    What a load of pony. Morgan and JFC offered nothing. Oshilaja is very poor
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Chunes said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Laddick01 said:
    That’s why Bonne worries me. Happens far too often.
    Thankfully for me he keeps popping up enough to eventually take one
    That's what strikers at this level do.

Provide enough chances, he'll score enough goals. Averages.

Strikers at all levels miss chances. But not open goals from 3-5 yards out. They appear to be Bonne's specialty.
    You could ask Ronny Rhosenthal (not spelt right I know) about it 😉
    28 years ago today 
    https://youtu.be/dJ0Zyj4pYnc
  • Options
    A half of two halves. Up to the goal didn't look bad, after their goal we look absolutely awful.
  • Options
    That was painful. Midfield non existent. Doncaster having so much time on the ball and yards of space. All over the shop from us and Bonne once again struggling to hold the ball up and missed a sitter.
  • Options
    Decent up to the goal, but totally lacking in intensity since then. Midfield giving their’s way too much space, our front three not holding up anything. Not sure if it’s shape, personnel or they just need a rocket up them at half time, but a very disappointing showing so far. 
  • Options
    First half has been a very frustrating watch. Worrying distribution at the back, lacklustre across the forwards and they have done a good job of frustrating Doughty.

Morgan off for Williams. Let’s have them worrying how they will cope with Williams and Doughty on the field...
  • Options
    Barker not great. Alfie needs to switch to the left. Oshilaja shocking. 
  • Options
    So lacklustre. Got Williams on for Forster-Caskey, drop Morgan back to holding midfielder and let him dictate the game. 

Move Oshilaja to RB and put Barket at CB. We’ll win 2-1 
  • Options
    cafc4life said:
    What a load of pony. Morgan and JFC offered nothing. Oshilaja is very poor
    Morgan is great when we're in control of games and arent on the back foot
    Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:
    Personally think Washington has been doing well with the closing of players. Non stop running.

Bonne could and maybe should have put us up with that beautiful volley cross from Morgan.
    Was such a lashed in cross from Morgan that I wonder if Bonne even expected to receive it
  • Options
    That was painful. Midfield non existent. Doncaster having so much time on the ball and yards of space. All over the shop from us and Bonne once again struggling to hold the ball up and missed a sitter.
    You say a sitter, the cross had good pace on it, he possibly should have done better but I'm not going to criticise too much. 

Don't want any subs at HT.
  • Options
    I had high hopes for Bonne but the more I watch the more I wonder if we shouldn’t sell while we can. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!