Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football Manager 2021

Comments

• Options
    I’m still on season 2 of fm 20. Southall is chairman and despite being 15 points clear of the championship at christmas, I have £0 budget and £159k a week wages. I can’t even afford an u-18 manager as the weekly allowance is £250.

ive bought an editor but have no clue how it works or how to download the game. Google says there should be a pencil editing icon but I can’t see this!

any ideas on how I change southalls name to sandgaard and increase my budget to a realistic figure?
    The pencil is on the top header. I’ve found a screenshot online, it’s just right of top centre, above where the purple box is.

• Options
    I can’t get the pencil to appear 
  • Options
    Think you have to start a new save with the feature "allow in-game editor" checked.
  • Options
    Think you have to start a new save with the feature "allow in-game editor" checked.
    I cant edit an existing game?  Thats £3.99 wasted  :D 
  • Options
    Maybe I'm wrong but if you don't have the feature available from the beginning, I'm fairly certain they won't let you add it in half way through a save file. 
  • Options
    If it's a proper in-game editor useable any time that you want then FMRTE is fantastic. It' just a few quid and it allows you to edit pretty much anything on the fly. You can use it for almost any in-game function, so you can move players and chairmen around, alter finances, change numbers of coaches allowed etc. It's also got a very good search function if you feel like doing one of those saves where you build a team of wonderkids and see how they get on.
  • Options
    Maybe I'm wrong but if you don't have the feature available from the beginning, I'm fairly certain they won't let you add it in half way through a save file. 
    You definitely can. I remember having the issue a couple times. Can't remember how I resolved it. 
  • Options
    It worked. I haven’t worked out how to change southall for sandgaard yet. I’ll try again later.

i dont want to cheat and want it to be realistic. How much do you get to spend on transfers and wages under sandgaard 
  • Options
    About 4 years into my Wigan save now but I still keep an eye on Charlton and noticed this... I hope George didn't celebrate too much!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    FM has never liked Charlton for some reason.
  • Options
    I won L1, then won the Champ in my send season, finished 8th in the Prem for my 3rd, and still only had £15m to spend under the Southall regime!! Thieving bastard is at it in a game too. 
  • Options
    latest update has definitely changed the way matches play out. Made it to the summer of my 4th season and think I will need to re-evaluate my tactics. Never been a fan of strikerless tactics so I will probably go 4-2-3-1 as that seems to be effective. Although it's annoying as I have been training up strikers for a 2 striker formation...
  • Options
    41 games into the second season of 2020 and just got promoted
  • Options
    Found the 20/21 update for FM20 on Steam. Doesn’t have the Jan business and obvs people like Maatsen and Famewo are young. Shinnie is quality. Maddison currently my best player with 5 goals and 3 assists after 10 games.
  • Options
    Second season and put up 108 points in League 1, Washington and Clarke-Harris finishing with 20+ goals each but the magic happened in central midfield with the loanee brigade of Tommy Doyle, Billy Gilmour and Tom Davies. Jaiyesimi way-outperformed his attributes with much of the Joe Gomez money going on Siriki Dembele and Luke Woolfenden. Glad to put to bed the 8th the season before and having to beg Sandgaard for my job.

The reason for posting though is I’ve had a run in the FA cup and have Man Utd in the final (with genuinely no cheating/restarts!) and need to figure out how to play it. The main caveat for the below being that I’ve never had this kind of unexpected FM success before and it’s lockdown, but yeah it’s a bit sad...

So am pretty sure I’m going to watch the full match, 4:05pm Sunday kick off, submit the team sheet at ~3pm. Prosecco (because I’m not made of money) in the fridge in the unlikely event we win. Any other suggestions to mark the occasion? Don’t have a suit available so I’m thinking my Sunday League initialled tracksuit.

The cup run from 4th round went Fulham (a) 0-0 / 3-0, Watford 0-0 pens (a), Middlesbrough 1-0 AET (h), Rotherham 1-1 pens (n) by the way - very lucky! 
  • Options
    Second season and put up 108 points in League 1, Washington and Clarke-Harris finishing with 20+ goals each but the magic happened in central midfield with the loanee brigade of Tommy Doyle, Billy Gilmour and Tom Davies. Jaiyesimi way-outperformed his attributes with much of the Joe Gomez money going on Siriki Dembele and Luke Woolfenden. Glad to put to bed the 8th the season before and having to beg Sandgaard for my job.

The reason for posting though is I’ve had a run in the FA cup and have Man Utd in the final (with genuinely no cheating/restarts!) and need to figure out how to play it. The main caveat for the below being that I’ve never had this kind of unexpected FM success before and it’s lockdown, but yeah it’s a bit sad...

So am pretty sure I’m going to watch the full match, 4:05pm Sunday kick off, submit the team sheet at ~3pm. Prosecco (because I’m not made of money) in the fridge in the unlikely event we win. Any other suggestions to mark the occasion? Don’t have a suit available so I’m thinking my Sunday League initialled tracksuit.

The cup run from 4th round went Fulham (a) 0-0 / 3-0, Watford 0-0 pens (a), Middlesbrough 1-0 AET (h), Rotherham 1-1 pens (n) by the way - very lucky! 
    Flares, fireworks and confetti in case you do win.

And also to replicate the long walk up the stairs to collect the trophies I recommend playing downstairs then walking upstairs to collect your virtual medal. Could lift the trophie at the top of the landing for full affect 
  • Options

Flares, fireworks and confetti in case you do win.

And also to replicate the long walk up the stairs to collect the trophies I recommend playing downstairs then walking upstairs to collect your virtual medal. Could lift the trophie at the top of the landing for full affect 
    Getting out the Henry hoover to clean up confetti on the landing after winning a computer game trophy would be a real “where are you going with your life?” moment for me, I think. Might have to incorporate the stairs though.
  • Options
    Play the national anthem before kick off.

https://youtu.be/Njz1Ly7cuu4
  • Options

Full time score??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Had the very same luck with a watford save, QPR, Coventry, Brighton, Shrewsbury, forest
  • Options
    Has anyone noticed an absurd amount of penalties in the premier league? I've never had a problem with it but since being promoted to the top flight I've had 12 penalties given against me and 5 for me and I'm only just over half way through the season. Might just be a freak thing. 
  • Options
    I'm in 2053.

Taken Welling to the top, but left them a few years ago to takeover Leicester. Generally I stick with a club until I win the prem, champions league and one of the domestic cups in a season, at which point I consider my job done. 

Won the league and the champions league with Leicester but not in the same season. Took them over when they had fallen into the champ, got promoted as second, to Arsenal in first believe it or not!

Probably Newport or Charlton next, either way, those will be the 4 clubs at the top of England's premier league by 2100!
  • Options
    alicwkd said:
    Has anyone noticed an absurd amount of penalties in the premier league? I've never had a problem with it but since being promoted to the top flight I've had 12 penalties given against me and 5 for me and I'm only just over half way through the season. Might just be a freak thing. 
    Not so much... May be a bug? Or I tend to give away penalties when my assistant gives the instruction to go in hard on the opponent's striker. Or when one of my defenders has a 'dives into tackles' trait. 

One thing that does annoy me is the VAR offside review, which always rules the goal out for offside. Never says it was onside. 
  • Options

Full time score??
    0-3 full time, I also forgot that runner up doesn't get the Europa spot any more which was upsetting.

Was still in the game at 1-0 down on 57 minutes and then I got thoroughly Mike Dean-ed with a weird kind of glitch red card where I got 2 yellow cards in a minute. I was watching the full game and it just jumped from our attack to Hanson getting a yellow card in the middle of the pitch, then jumped to him walking off.

4 minutes later he gave a penalty described as "harsh" on commentary but VAR upheld which they scored, then Maatsen and Doyle picked up straight reds in the next 10 mins and and I was down to 8 men with 20mins to go. Martial added a 3rd in injury time to compound the misery.
    Did you dress in the tracksuit  playing national atheme, walk up the stairs to collect your medals, invite 15 random blokes back for a shower? 
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    I'm in 2053.

Taken Welling to the top, but left them a few years ago to takeover Leicester. Generally I stick with a club until I win the prem, champions league and one of the domestic cups in a season, at which point I consider my job done. 

Won the league and the champions league with Leicester but not in the same season. Took them over when they had fallen into the champ, got promoted as second, to Arsenal in first believe it or not!

Probably Newport or Charlton next, either way, those will be the 4 clubs at the top of England's premier league by 2100!
    Jeez, that's some impressive dedication. It's taken me months to get to season 4. Always interesting to see how the football world develops in that time, United in the conference, Burkina Faso winning 3 world cups etc!
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    alicwkd said:
    Not so much... May be a bug? Or I tend to give away penalties when my assistant gives the instruction to go in hard on the opponent's striker. Or when one of my defenders has a 'dives into tackles' trait. 

One thing that does annoy me is the VAR offside review, which always rules the goal out for offside. Never says it was onside. 
    Yeah it seems like VAR was maybe a last minute addition to the game as there are some teething problems with it. 
  • Options
    I'm in season 4 now. Bowyer was poached by Premier League Brentford and replaced by Vladimir Ivic. Charlton have sinced moved on to Eddie Howe and now Gareth Southgate but none have achieved more than a lower midtable finish in the championship. The only original player still at Charlton is Morgan.