Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lincoln v Charlton | Sun 27 Sept | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    I think it's very apt that we play away at Lincoln tomorrow after just having been taken over by a Dane.

The Danish Vikings invaded England by landing at the Lincolnshire coast. This was back in the 9th century.

Therefore I predict the score to be Lincoln City 0 Charlton Athletic 9.
  • Options
    I think it's very apt that we play away at Lincoln tomorrow after just having been taken over by a Dane.

The Danish Vikings invaded England by landing at the Lincolnshire coast. This was back in the 9th century.

Therefore I predict the score to be Lincoln City 0 Charlton Athletic 9.
     Psst 

The game is Sunday.
  • Options
    I’ve been so focused on the takeover, not even really been thinking about the football this season to be honest. 

Feels good to be back in the preview threads. Admittedly know nothing about Lincoln’s squad but if they’ve just had 90mins against Liverpool when we didn’t play, hopefully will work in our favour. I think Appleton also said before that game that they had some players injured.

2-1 Charlton

Washington bagging again and maybe, just maybe Jonny bags his first goal for us.
  • Options
    It would not be Charlton if we do not go out and make an absolute pigs ear of it.

1-0 to Lincoln.
  • Options
    Despite the result Lincoln looked good against Liverpool the other night. That doesn’t bode well for us.

Today’s news will have buoyed up the morale and we might even have some extra strength come Sunday.

I really won’t mind if this is one match too soon but I’m looking forward to it anyway.

Great match preview by the way.
  • Options
    The lads will be on the piss Saturday night & still hungover by kick-off. The new regime might have started but it will take a few weeks yet before it kicks in on the pitch.

2-0. 
  • Options
    I think we will win a tight game.
  • Options
    Lincoln are a good side they’ll no doubt be top half this season maybe even pushing, Gilbey a big blow too.  Too early for us this weekend IMO (but probably the least we will care about losing for a while).

2-0 loss.
    You know what, I think we’re going to have the 2/3 in before the game, and with the rest of the squad given a boost by the takeover I’ve changed my mind.

1-1 Washington
  • Options
    Am I the only one not impressed at all by Gilbey?

Morgan and Watson to start and let’s get Dillon back in goal fer crissakes.

Addicks to win 2-0 - new owner bounce..
  • Options
    Am I the only one not impressed at all by Gilbey?

Morgan and Watson to start and let’s get Dillon back in goal fer crissakes.

Addicks to win 2-0 - new owner bounce..
    I kind of agree, but at the same time the stats show he's very decent at spreading the ball around. Not quite as laser guided as Morgan, also he's another that only seems to defend up to the half way line.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think he is going to be an excellent signing.
  • Options
    Having won one lost one how about 1-1.
  • Options
    Will we get to keep Dillon now? That would be great news.
  • Options
    Has Matthews re-signed as nothing on the OS?
  • Options
    I doubt we will keep Dillon, his head seems to have been turned.
  • Options
    Nothing announced yet... Am sure it will be though as Cawley mentioned yesterday he'd be re-signing
  • Options
    Nothing announced yet... Am sure it will be though as Cawley mentioned yesterday he'd be re-signing
    Thanks, I thought I had seen Cawley say he had.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    I suppose it is down to player availability. Matthews just has to sign before the deadline for tomorrow I would imagine.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    I wont be surprised if Matthews has happened already - Get this Norwich lad announced first and build to the excitement of seeing Matthews back

Do it the other way around and people might be a bit "Meh, we've got Matthews" from the earlier news

This Norwich lad may even be the third signing that Bowyer said might happen, as we've had to rely on another club
  • Options
    we still have the same issues as last time when it comes to lineup. our season starts the game after this one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Amos
    Matthews (?) | Oshilaja | Famewo | Purrington
    Watson | Pratley | Forster-Caskey
    Washington | Bonne | Doughty

Or too risky putting three players in with little game time so far?
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    I'd live to see Pratley go centre half for this game. He looked ok there with Oshilaja in the Palace friendly. It can be risky messing with the defence when players don't know each other yet. Matthews not an issue of course in that respect.

The Brighton game in the week might be a good opportunity to try Oshilaja with Famewo. I think we should start with Williams or Oztumer. If neither can last 90 minutes, they can replace each other depending on who starts. 
  • Options
    Please no JFC unless its hiding at left wing back. 
  • Options
    We will rip those little imps a new one.

3-0 to The Red Army.
  • Options
    Morgan for JFC. JFC has been grim so far...
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Please no JFC unless its hiding at left wing back. 
    Still amazed how well he played there!
  • Options
    I would rather JFC than Morgan. Morgan was completely anonymous against Doncaster. It wasn't just JFC who had a bad game. 
  • Options
    Crashing back to earth and reality with a lacklustre 2-0 defeat but as it’s the last defeat we’ll suffer all season I can take it.

COYA!!!
  • Options
    I would rather JFC than Morgan. Morgan was completely anonymous against Doncaster. It wasn't just JFC who had a bad game. 
    Morgan was involved in every dangerous attack we had. Sure defensively he's not the one but at CAM? may be worth considering soon.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Morgan was involved in every dangerous attack we had. Sure defensively he's not the one but at CAM? may be worth considering soon.
    Stick him in front of Watson and Pratley who can protect the defence!!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!